OT: - DePaul Hiring Porter Moser? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: DePaul Hiring Porter Moser?

Reaction Score
Smart move. Reads as...

1. He's not quitting and giving up a $6.5 million buyout.
2. He's probably got one more year and the SEC dynamic changes things.
3. He's from Chicago and thus would know to steer clear of DePaul.

Reaction Score
Question is who leaked info and for what reason? I remember when Lynch was hired as SF GM, it came as a shock to people since there were no leaks...Lynch later said that was test of the organization to see if they could be trusted.

So, did Porter leak something to get Ok to move on things they were dragging their feet on? People get work concessions once their employer knows they have another offer. Or, did DePaul do it out of exuberance...not realizing they could screw it all up by leaking? Seems like the former is more likely to me.

Reaction Score
Question is who leaked info and for what reason? I remember when Lynch was hired as SF GM, it came as a shock to people since there were no leaks...Lynch later said that was test of the organization to see if they could be trusted.

So, did Porter leak something to get Ok to move on things they were dragging their feet on? People get work concessions once their employer knows they have another offer. Or, did DePaul do it out of exuberance...not realizing they could screw it all up by leaking? Seems like the former is more likely to me.
Porter’s people leaked it. That’s the only scenario that makes sense.

Reaction Score
moser hasn't been fired or forced to retire at a power conference school yet.

once he does that, he becomes a prime candidate to step down a level to a CL school (mid major).
Please help me ……trying to find the game between the 14th vs 11th place teams in big 12, not able to… can you tell me who is winning?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
moser hasn't been fired or forced to retire at a power conference school yet.

once he does that, he becomes a prime candidate to step down a level to a CL school (mid major).

Spongebob Squarepants Laughing GIF

Reaction Score
The last 2 years went horrendous for Holtmann. But before that I thought he was a good coach. He had 3 top 30 KenPom years at Butler in his 3 years there.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Someone can change this thread title or start a new one. Holtmann has proven he can coach in the BEast but DePaul is a tall task. They’re going to need him to develop talent, and fast. Nobody in the portal is going to want to go there.

Reaction Score
Someone can change this thread title or start a new one. Holtmann has proven he can coach in the BEast but DePaul is a tall task. They’re going to need him to develop talent, and fast. Nobody in the portal is going to want to go there.
They need to keep the interim guy. DePaul took Villanova to the wire. Their kids played hard.

Reaction Score
Depaul should have won that game, Villanova's coach should be sweating bullets right now

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Trilly has Depaul hiring Chris Holtmann, as of this morning.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Holtmann is a very good coach. Bad news for Bobby Hurley.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This is a good hire for DePaul and Holtmann should have success stepping down to a less competitive/visible league. Nice hire for them.

Reaction Score
This is a good hire for DePaul and Holtmann should have success stepping down to a less competitive/visible league. Nice hire for them.
A less competitive league.
200w (8).gif

Reaction Score
From the other thread.
The last 2 years went horrendous for Holtmann. But before that I thought he was a good coach. He had 3 top 30 KenPom years at Butler in his 3 years there.
Starting from a much, much, much lower place (Butler was bad year before Holtmann got there, but it was only 1 year removed from Brad Stevens).

We'll see if he can get them to be a top 100 team in 2 years.

Reaction Score
This would be awesome for them, it’s definitely gonna wake up and move the needle with the “fan base”, I still think DePaul can be somewhat of a sleeping giant
Yeah I heard both fans were really pumped.

As for a sleeping giant, I suggest checking for a pulse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom