Delaware to CUSA | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Delaware to CUSA

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I've learned that UD has an almost $2 billion endowment, is a land grant, sea grant and space grant institution, is ranked fairly high for academics, and is a privately governed, state-assisted research university, whatever that means. That's what FBS does for your school! It's already above Maryland, as far as I'm concerned.

"UD points to its charter as evidence that it is a “privately governed, state-assisted” university. While the university must share information directly related to the expenditure of public funds, all other financial information is considered private. Because of this, taxpayers are largely kept in the dark about the school’s finances and business practices."

Reaction Score
I've learned that UD has an almost $2 billion endowment, is a land grant, sea grant and space grant institution, is ranked fairly high for academics, and is a privately governed, state-assisted research university, whatever that means. That's what FBS does for your school! It's already above Maryland, as far as I'm concerned.

"UD points to its charter as evidence that it is a “privately governed, state-assisted” university. While the university must share information directly related to the expenditure of public funds, all other financial information is considered private. Because of this, taxpayers are largely kept in the dark about the school’s finances and business practices."

False. UCF invented outer space. They are the only Space Grant Institution.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nova gonna be next? Upgrade and join some FB conference while AD Dave “monitors?”

Reaction Score
UDel is further along as a school than most people realize. Also have a very nice hockey rink which could be div 1 if they ever had the finances. Found that out when entering the wrong building for a broomball tournament once. (The tournament was at the back rink at the facility.)

Reaction Score

Assisted access if needed <<

-> With the move, Delaware also owes around $6 million to the NCAA in entry and exit fees, capital that has to be raised within athletics. Currently, roughly $3.5 million has been raised, university officials told the Inquirer. <-

-> Was the deciding factor behind the move just the FBS football side of stuff?

Rawak:
That’s not the driving force, but it’s certainly a part of the decision-making process. I mean, FBS football really enables so much for us from a university perspective, for our student-athletes and for our community. You know, right now, we are on FloSports and we’re competing, and the number of eyeballs that are watching us, it’s healthy, but it’s certainly not significant. And then as you think about being on ESPN and having ESPN+ as a platform for our student-athletes, and ultimately our university, I mean it’s 40 times what we get on Flo. And so, I mean, that visibility is exciting for us. And again, it’s an enabler for so much more at this university.

Reaction Score
UDel is further along as a school than most people realize. Also have a very nice hockey rink which could be div 1 if they ever had the finances. Found that out when entering the wrong building for a broomball tournament once. (The tournament was at the back rink at the facility.)
2,500 seats! They fit right in with Hockey East!!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
With the University of Delaware upgrading into conference USA this may help us out scheduling wise as they will now be a FBS program. They will need out of conference games and since we're in the neighborhood it should be mutually beneficial. They will have many long-distance football games and should welcome a relatively close opponent. If we can get them on the schedule especially for November it would be a win-win for both teams.

Reaction Score
With the University of Delaware upgrading into conference USA this may help us out scheduling wise as they will now be a FBS program. They will need out of conference games and since we're in the neighborhood it should be mutually beneficial. They will have many long-distance football games and should welcome a relatively close opponent. If we can get them on the schedule especially for November it would be a win-win for both teams.
Hopefully this happens. They were conference mates before UConn moved up to FBS.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hopefully this happens. They were conference mates before UConn moved up to FBS.
Congrats on the move.

Reaction Score

Delaware, UConn, UMass and Temple/Buffalo might make a nice pod in one of these conferences.

Reaction Score
I really want to know why they waited to upgrade until the feel increased to 5 million when it was previously 5 thousand. Doesn't seem like a good way to spend resources. Any ideas on your end?

Reaction Score
I really want to know why they waited to upgrade until the feel increased to 5 million when it was previously 5 thousand. Doesn't seem like a good way to spend resources. Any ideas on your end?

There was probably a confluence of things...

....FCS status as the second football level has waned fairly quickly...a slew of departures from foremost members

...The NCAA moved the FCS Championship game to Sunday where it competes with the NFL (sort of an NCAA show of less dedication)

...The second lowest TV viewing in 10 years, despite moving to ABC from ESPN2.

...The CAA's additions of Campbell and Bryant may further distance Delaware (a flagship) from what they may perceive to be their peers. (Campbell is a private Christian liberal arts university in Buies Creek, NC.....Bryant a small private in RI).

...UD recently did announce it received “a major gift” from ex-quarterback Matt Nagy (and NFL coach) to support an upcoming facilities project.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It didn't seem worth it when it was only a $5000 decision?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom