Delaware to CUSA | The Boneyard

Delaware to CUSA

Reaction Score
Not the least bit surprised. This has been out there as a rumor for the past 18 months or so.

Reaction Score
Wasnt the NCAA raising the FBS entry fee from like $100 to $1 million or something?

Reaction Score
CAA was wise to go on an expansion spree last few years. Without the 5 new members, they'd be down to 8.

Reaction Score
If Villanova decided to go FBS it would make things very interesting in the Philly area.

Delaware's endowment is $1.8 billion. Not too shabby and can easily cover the FBS entry fee. CUSA might not be ideal for anyone but it gets Delaware to the G5 and may present opportunities for Northeast football.

Reaction Score
Would love to see Stony Brook someday in a FBS league with UMass, Delaware, Buffalo.

But Stony Brook's football program is in shambles right now and we just fired our head coach. Lets see if we can return to FCS prominence over the next few years

Reaction Score
If UMass joins, and the FB-only option is available for UConn, I think it's worth strong consideration.

Yearly games against UMass and Del make CUSA much more palatable.

It was a surprisingly good first year for the new CUSA. Liberty and Mew Mexico State is a great conference final. I would still prefer UConn football in the MAC vs CUSA, but CUSA would be easier to stomach now.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
CAA was wise to go on an expansion spree last few years. Without the 5 new members, they'd be down to 8.
The CAA is dead - glory days are long gone. They would be better off going back to an old Yankee Conference model (Maine, URI, UNH, Villanova, Richmond), keeping Albany and Stony Brook, and trying to poach a couple of Patriot League teams.

I honestly don’t see this as great move for Delaware, either.

Reaction Score
If Villanova decided to go FBS it would make things very interesting in the Philly area.

Delaware's endowment is $1.8 billion. Not too shabby and can easily cover the FBS entry fee. CUSA might not be ideal for anyone but it gets Delaware to the G5 and may present opportunities for Northeast football.
Please stop! The mentioning of Nova and FBS football should be a banned topic . Been there done that and didn’t even get a T shirt .

Reaction Score
I wouldn't have liked this 20 years ago, but I'm okay with it now. I would have preferred the Sun Belt, Delaware has a history with several of those teams.

Reaction Score
As a Delaware resident this isn't unexpected... But it's an awful institutional fit. UD projects itself as much more of a MAC style institution.
Exact reason UMass is not going to CUSA, it will be the MAC all sports. FB only is not an option for us, but with us, a FB only option for UConn could be on the table. Told 1-3 years. It would take time for Army, then add UMass and UConn to unwind the schedules.

Reaction Score

This is why they went on an expansion spree.

Delaware isn’t the only one that is going to upgrade. That conference is very proactive.

Reaction Score
Exact reason UMass is not going to CUSA, it will be the MAC all sports. FB only is not an option for us, but with us, a FB only option for UConn could be on the table. Told 1-3 years. It would take time for Army, then add UMass and UConn to unwind the schedules.

Beggars can’t be choosers.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
A Texas school will likely be the 12th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members