OT: - deGROM | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: deGROM

Reaction Score
I’ve been a Mets fan for 35 years. The Mets have failed deGROM and all of their fans. Fortunately they have a new owner now and hopefully things wills be different.
Same. Been a fan since the middle of the 85` season and the Wilpons were the worst thing to happen to this organization. When you are a New York team and you spend a season where your best player is Chico Walker its time to acknowledge that your ownership is a joke.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I find it excruciating to watch dominant pitchers have to be prefect all the time to maybe have a chance at a win.
I’m not sure exactly what the Mets record is over the last three years when deGROM pitches but I think they have a losing record. That is quite astonishing.

Reaction Score
You really need examples of why the Mets are a lousy organization? Aren't you a Mets fan?
You didn’t answer the question.

What moves have directly cost him status? How have they “failed him”? He’s still won cy young’s and is highly regarded so what would have put him in a better space historically? Being on the dodgers with one title?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Same. Been a fan since the middle of the 85` season and the Wilpons were the worst thing to happen to this organization. When you are a New York team and you spend a season where your best player is Chico Walker its time to acknowledge that your ownership is a joke.
Yes or when the biggest off season acquisition was frank Francisco lol

Reaction Score
That's because Deepster and you chose to read it that way, I said he's been the best pitcher in baseball and has 2 Cy Young's. And said imagine if he was on a good team.

It certainly isn't his fault his win totals are shabby for such an incredibly dominant pitcher.
It's definitely frustrating that he doesn't get wins and the Mets have wasted his talent, but I just think we're at a point where it's not going to keep him from winning more Cy Youngs or hurt his HOF case so I'm kind of over it. Which might also just be because they're in a great spot to compete for the next few years

Reaction Score
You didn’t answer the question.

What moves have directly cost him status? How have they “failed him”? He’s still won cy young’s and is highly regarded so what would have put him in a better space historically? Being on the dodgers with one title?
They have failed him by not putting a team around him capable of getting him what he wants most, a chip. Individual accolades are great but he wants to win.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
They have failed him by not putting a team around him capable of getting him what he wants most, a chip. Individual accolades are great but he wants to win.
This year he finally came out and said that he wants to be in the Hall of Fame. He’s never stated that before. He’s kind of realizing how good he actually is.

Reaction Score
Its absolutely brutal. deGrom should have at least 30 more wins in his career.
I'm a Yankees fan but I'm the furthest thing from a Mets hater, I root for the Mets over everyone outside of the Yankees, Cubs, and White Sox and the Bobby V managed Mets teams for a couple of seasons were some of my favorite baseball teams ever. I just hate seeing dominant pitcher's get let down by their team.

Reaction Score
The most amazing thing about DeGrom is he is doing this at 32. Seaver was no longer a hard thrower at 32 and Gooden was for the most part washed up at 26.

Question for anybody who currently coaches baseball, what are pitchers doing now that allows them to throw so hard? I'm assuming it's not PED's so what is it? It seems everyone is throwing 95+ and it has ruined the game. They seriously need to move the mound back a few inches. It will eventually happen and i'm not sure what they are waiting for. Foul balls and strikeout's make for boring baseball.
I think it's a combination of increased knowledge of biomechanics, as well as just a collective internalization of the fact that throwing hard is better, and that to throw hard you have to be strong. When I was growing up there was such an emphasis on throwing strikes and finesse that people discounted the fact that it was super hard to hit guys that threw gas. Strength training wasn't deemed important, outside of running poles to build up stamina in your legs (I want to smack myself in the forehead just typing this stuff) Analytics really helped to expose that fallacy, and then like another poster mentioned, places like Driveline have leveraged biomechanical analysis to increase velocity among a large number of pitchers.

Reaction Score
It's definitely frustrating that he doesn't get wins and the Mets have wasted his talent, but I just think we're at a point where it's not going to keep him from winning more Cy Youngs or hurt his HOF case so I'm kind of over it. Which might also just be because they're in a great spot to compete for the next few years
The Mets will be interesting to watch over the next 5 years. They have an owner willing to spend and theyve got 4 extremely talented player in their farm system who look like "cant miss" talents. Yeah i know but the mets have had a great run in recent years with their farm system. We have 5 guys in our everyday lineup that are homegrown and of course deGRom is homegrown.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I find it excruciating to watch dominant pitchers have to be prefect all the time to maybe have a chance at a win.
I hate to say it but I like him better than I like the Mets.

Reaction Score
I'm a Yankees fan but I'm the furthest thing from a Mets hater, I root for the Mets over everyone outside of the Yankees, Cubs, and White Sox and the Bobby V managed Mets teams for a couple of seasons were some of my favorite baseball teams ever. I just hate seeing dominant pitcher's get let down by their team.
Yup. Im one of the few Met fans who doesnt hate the Yankees. I couldnt care less what the Yanks do unless we play them. I dont root for them to lose and i dont mind when they win. Just dont really spend time worrying about a team outside our division and league.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
The Mets will be interesting to watch over the next 5 years. They have an owner willing to spend and theyve got 4 extremely talented player in their farm system who look like "cant miss" talents. Yeah i know but the mets have had a great run in recent years with their farm system. We have 5 guys in our everyday lineup that are homegrown and of course deGRom is homegrown.
Allan, Baty, Mauricio, Alvarez and Armstrong have a chance to be good players.

Reaction Score
This offseason will be the first big test to see if things have changed. Conforto, Stroman, Syndergaard all hitting FA and hopefully Cohen breaks out the checkbook to keep 2 around

Reaction Score
Allan, Baty, Mauricio, Alvarez and Armstrong have a chance to be good players.
Those might be the most talented prospects we`ve ever had in our system simultaneously. Allan, Mauricio and Alvarez are untouchables but Baty and Armstrong may get dealt at some point because they will be in high demand in any trade deadline deals that get made in the next few years.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Those might be the most talented prospects we`ve ever had in our system simultaneously. Allan, Mauricio and Alvarez are untouchables but Baty and Armstrong may get dealt at some point because they will be in high demand in any trade deadline deals that get made in the next few years.
I stocked up on Allan, Mauricio and Alvarez cards on eBay, in the past year.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Seems like Alvarez should be the starting catcher in 2 to 3 years. Mauricio could possibly replace McNeil at second. Third base might open up for Baty. The Mets had Allan shadowing deGROM this spring. Alvarez seems to get the highest reviews.

Reaction Score
Yup. Im one of the few Met fans who doesnt hate the Yankees. I couldnt care less what the Yanks do unless we play them. I dont root for them to lose and i dont mind when they win. Just dont really spend time worrying about a team outside our division and league.
I never understood it, especially from the Yankees fan perspective. I get it a little from some Mets fans because the Yankees have so much history and get more of the back page but it's still silly to me. They play in different leagues and both of their successes are good for the city and the tri-state area. I remember going to my first White Sox game and all the vendors were selling Cubs blow t-shirts, I thought that was incredibly weird...

I can understand it more with the Jets, they legit had to live in the Giants shadow having the indignity of playing all their home games at Giants stadium. My dad was a weird one, he would root for the Red Sox when the Yankees were out of it. He always said I'm a division guy, I root for whoever wins the division to win it all.

Reaction Score
Seems like Alvarez should be the starting catcher in 2 to 3 years. Mauricio could possibly replace McNeil at second. Third base might open up for Baty. The Mets had Allan shadowing deGROM this spring. Alvarez seems to get the highest reviews.
Yeah. I believe the plan is McCann gives way to Alvarez. Isnt Mauricio a ss/3b? When he fills out he may be too big for 2b. He problably has the biggest potential of any of the prospects but Allan is #1 simply based on position. Hes definitely being groomed to be the next ace.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I believe the plan is McCann gives way to Alvarez. Isnt Mauricio a ss/3b? When he fills out he may be too big for 2b. He problably has the biggest potential of any of the prospects but Allan is #1 simply based on position. Hes definitely being groomed to be the next ace.
Yes Mauricio is too big to play 2B, I think 3B is still a possibility but the plan right now seems to be moving him to the OF after signing Lindor long term

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
ive never done the card thing. I should get into it.
The regular deGROM rookie auto went from 400 this off-season to 1,000$ right now. The graded ones are a lot higher. I waited too long to get one.

Reaction Score
He's an unflappable assassin. His release point on every pitch is exactly the same. He tops out at 101 mph every game now. It's a video game. 1985 Gooden and prime Pedro Martinez are the only ones I've ever seen at this unhittable level before. And it's April. He really has a chance to put an all-time historic season in the books with this start.
Thank you!!!! People often forget doc may have had the single greatest season ever as a pitcher in the modern era........on television!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom