OT: - deGROM | The Boneyard

OT: deGROM

Reaction Score
Third pitcher ever with 14+ strikeouts in three straight starts. Most strikeouts ever through the first four starts of a season 50 and he’s still pitching. His era right now is 0.33. Of all the pitches thrown this year at 99 mph or higher by all starting pitchers. deGROM has thrown about half of them. Hes also batting .500 this year. He has five hits. No other pitcher has more than 2. He’s simply amazing.

in DeGROM’s start tonight. He’s retired 16 in a row with 15 k’s and only 99 pitches through 8 innings. He may go out for the 9th. In his last start. He became the seventh pitcher ever to strike out nine in a row.

the one run he was charged with this year. Was on a home run on a 101 mph fastball above the strike zone. Stat cast hadn’t ever tracked a home run by a pitch thrown that hard and in that area. So it was a great swing by a young Florida Marlin.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yankee fan but the guy is amazing and way underpaid if you ask me.

Reaction Score
He's an unflappable assassin. His release point on every pitch is exactly the same. He tops out at 101 mph every game now. It's a video game. 1985 Gooden and prime Pedro Martinez are the only ones I've ever seen at this unhittable level before. And it's April. He really has a chance to put an all-time historic season in the books with this start.

Reaction Score
Yankee fan but the guy is amazing and way underpaid if you ask me.
He fired his agent. He should be at the same level Bauer got around 40 mil per year. Mets are gonna have to pay him when he opts out after next year. Probably 5 years and 200+ mil. deGROM also said he thinks he can pitch into his 40’s. He has a good curve ball that he doesn’t even use. He will use it when he eventually starts to lose velocity.

Reaction Score
If he K's the side in the 9th, I'm gonna sh_t myself.
He’s said that he doesn’t think about strikeouts. They asked him about that when he struck out nine in a row if he was trying to get number 10. He said that he didn’t realize he was at nine and he just tries to make his pitches.

Reaction Score
He may be able to keep this up for a while, he's thrown way less innings than most pitchers by the time they're 33
And his velocity has gone up 5 or 6 mph over the past 4 or 5 years. He’s very unique in that regard.

Reaction Score
He may be able to keep this up for a while, he's thrown way less innings than most pitchers by the time they're 33
He also was a shortstop in high school and m
he was a shortstop until his junior year in college. He also missed a year due to tommy John surgery. So you’re ? correct. Not a lot of innings on his arm.

Reaction Score
That's a cute post, but the Mets are in a much better spot than their crosstown rivals for the next 5+ years. He'll be just fine.
Mets offense needs to come alive but our starting pitching is gonna get better soon with Thor and Carrasco coming back.

Reaction Score
That's a cute post, but the Mets are in a much better spot than their crosstown rivals for the next 5+ years. He'll be just fine.
It wasn't meant to be a cute post. The guy's win totals are sad for a guy who has been the best pitcher in baseball. Two Cy Young's and he hasn't really been a household name like the other star players.

The Yankees suck but they'll still have a better record than the Mets.

Reaction Score
Seeing guys like Verlander, Scherzer, and (local guy) Charlie Morton able to sustain their peaks into their mid-to-late thirties, I have no doubt DeGrom will as well. As other posters mentioned, he has fewer miles on his arm, and he's such a good athlete that his mechanical efficiency will also limit the stress on his arm and body. His arm action and mechanics are so low effort, it's insane how he generates so much force with such fluid body movements.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It wasn't meant to be a cute post. The guy's win totals are sad for a guy who has been the best pitcher in baseball. Two Cy Young's and he hasn't really been a household name like the other star players.

The Yankees suck but they'll still have a better record than the Mets.
The win totals are criminal. Don’t get me started.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom