Deflate-gate one year ago, Science proves NFL wrong | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Deflate-gate one year ago, Science proves NFL wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The reason Pats haters keep bringing this stuff up is because of absurd statements from Pats fans like "UConn cheats more than the Patriots." .

Uh no, don't dump that ridiculous comment on the rest of Pat nation.

Reaction Score
Everyone in the free world knows that Brady was doctoring the balls. Prior to this incident I would bet almost every quarterback in the NFL was doing some version of the same thing. The NFL is just so damn inept they were incapable of actually proving it. They spent a fortune and wasted everybody's time trying to prove something that I would bet everyone in the NFL knows is common practice. That was the crime in all this. The ball thing, who cares?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Yet another post which reinforces your habit of statin totally false things. I wrote Bird is better than mcHale in that thread. Dont be an idiot.

Here is your exact quote

""For a period in 1985, McHale played better than any person in the NBA had during the 1980s, until Michael Jordan arrived. In other words, McHale's best was better than Bird's best."

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They subverted the cap because there was a rule in place before that uncapped season to account for it. This is the whole reason the Cowboys were fined. You do know they were fined, right?

As for the rest, the Patriots were never caught cheating.
The Cowboys weren't fined (Neither were the Redskins, Raiders or Saints). The 'Boys and 'Skins were penalized cap space. There was no rule on the books. It was a guideline, according to Adam Schefter. It was collusion orchestrated by John Mara.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Here is your exact quote

""For a period in 1985, McHale played better than any person in the NBA had during the 1980s, until Michael Jordan arrived. In other words, McHale's best was better than Bird's best."

BTW - the NBA didn't agree. They voted Bird the MVP that season and didn't have McHale in the top 20.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They subverted the cap because there was a rule in place before that uncapped season to account for it. This is the whole reason the Cowboys were fined. You do know they were fined, right?

As for the rest, the Patriots were never caught cheating.

There wasn't a rule in place; the owners agreed to limit spending even though the season was uncapped. That would also be known as collusion.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/montebu...washington-redskins/#2715e4857a0b6ee249b7466a

And c'mon, man, John Calipari was never caught cheating, either. I doubt anyone would call him clean.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And c'mon, man, John Calipari was never caught cheating, either. I doubt anyone would call him clean.

WXQwn.gif

Reaction Score
Everyone in the free world knows that Brady was doctoring the balls. Prior to this incident I would bet almost every quarterback in the NFL was doing some version of the same thing. The NFL is just so damn inept they were incapable of actually proving it. They spent a fortune and wasted everybody's time trying to prove something that I would bet everyone in the NFL knows is common practice. That was the crime in all this. The ball thing, who cares?

Yet another science denier.

If he was doctoring the balls, how in the world did they end up at 11.5 PSI and not lower?

Reaction Score
Here is your exact quote

And you twisted that quote. In the same thread, and in the ESPN top 10 SF threads, I wrote about Bird being #2, and the best Celtic. And I even stated repeatedly I wasn't saying McHale was better than Bird. But you did what you always do: twist things.

Reaction Score
And as recently as the Kansas City game, for some reason the Chiefs headsets were broken intermittently during the game. Not the first time Patriot opponents had difficulties with their communications during important games.

But ignore that smoke there is no fire.

Reaction Score
The Cowboys weren't fined (Neither were the Redskins, Raiders or Saints). The 'Boys and 'Skins were penalized cap space. There was no rule on the books. It was a guideline, according to Adam Schefter. It was collusion orchestrated by John Mara.

There was a rule on the books that was circumvented. It didnt have to do with the total value of the cap since there wasn't one, but it had to do with new contracts not having lump sums in the first year. It was highly technical and had everything to do with the uncapped year. The gist was that there would have to be incremental increases in contracts signed that year by a certain %. And the fines for the Saints were not only cap space but money and draft picks.

Regardless, the whole point of this discussion is that the league wasn't sued. Not even the NFLPA could sue for that because they too signed away their rights.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There was a rule on the books that was circumvented. It didnt have to do with the total value of the cap since there wasn't one, but it had to do with new contracts not having lump sums in the first year. It was highly technical and had everything to do with the uncapped year. The gist was that there would have to be incremental increases in contracts signed that year by a certain %. And the fines for the Saints were not only cap space but money and draft picks.

What rule on the books? There was nothing on the books, that's the point.

Reaction Score
What rule on the books? There was nothing on the books, that's the point.

The rule that says you can't give a player a multi-year contract great variance in salary. There are % increases allowed, and you can't go over them.

Reaction Score
And as recently as the Kansas City game, for some reason the Chiefs headsets were broken intermittently during the game. Not the first time Patriot opponents had difficulties with their communications during important games.

You mean the equipment controlled by the NFL? This is the second time this year that we've heard about this. Elsewhere it's been happening repeatedly.

Husky25

Reaction Score

This happens in every stadium for every team, but ignore facts when they don't fit the narrative.

Reaction Score
There wasn't a rule in place; the owners agreed to limit spending even though the season was uncapped. That would also be known as collusion.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/montebu...washington-redskins/#2715e4857a0b6ee249b7466a

Marcus Camby and Memphis. Under his watch. Just like Nochimson and Nate Miles happened under Calhoun's watch. Only in Calipari's case, we're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars, but in Calhoun's, Nochimson paid for knee surgery.

Reaction Score
BTW - the NBA didn't agree. They voted Bird the MVP that season and didn't have McHale in the top 20.

Totally irrelevant to the discussion. Bird was the best, and my favorite player.

Husky25

Reaction Score
There was a rule on the books that was circumvented.

No there wasn't. The rest of your post is irrelevant.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The rule that says you can't give a player a multi-year contract great variance in salary. There are % increases allowed, and you can't go over them.

Where are you seeing this? Every article I've ever read on the subject says there was no written rule, it was an agreement by owners not included in the CBA (WHICH IS COLLUSION).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I never understood why Kraft rolled over on this, but since Kraft is a 'deek' I can't say I minded him cutting a seven figure check over it.

I think he did it for two reasons: 1. with the idea that Goodell would lay off on punishing Brady (gross miscalculation on his part) and 2. because he has encouraged other owners to fall on the sword for the good of the NFL as a whole. Remember, these guys are businessman first and foremost; they want what will bring them the least controversy, and by extension, the most money as possible. Cracks in their ranks are to be avoided as much as possible.

Reaction Score
You mean the equipment controlled by the NFL? This is the second time this year that we've heard about this. Elsewhere it's been happening repeatedly.

One recent example is that the Seahawks had trouble with their headsets in Minnesota last weekend. For the Patriots Haters, the only explanation can be the Vikings tampered with them, right?

Reaction Score
Yet another post which reinforces your habit of statin totally false things. I wrote Bird is better than mcHale in that thread. Dont be an idiot.
"McHale at his best was better than Bird at his best." -upstater "McHale was guarded by 8 guys at the same time. Just watch the series." -upstater

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My favorite thing was everyone jumping at every little thing (eg the Patriots fumble at an astronomically low rate). 2015: tied for first with only .8 fumbles per game. If you take out special teams fumbles--for some reason, a thorn in the Patriots side in 2015, I'm willing to bet they top the league easily.

It's like the other teams sweeping the visitor locker rooms pregame. Never mind they've never found anything. They waste so much time on this nonsense pregame. Advantage Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom