Deflate-gate one year ago, Science proves NFL wrong | The Boneyard

Deflate-gate one year ago, Science proves NFL wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And no one believes the Pats were the only team tweaking ball PSI levels.

No one believes it affected the game.

And no one believes the NFL had any interest in checking PSI of footballs.

It was one of the great no-stories all time in sports.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I never understood why Kraft rolled over on this, but since Kraft is a 'deek' I can't say I minded him cutting a seven figure check over it.

Reaction Score
This can't be a thing we still need to talk about on here.
Except for the people who will still swear the Patriots were cheating. I guarantee there are people that still believe that.

At a minimum they should be forced to repeatedly post that they don't believe the science and every other source of information that negates the idea that the Patriots were cheating.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
In before upstater gets this to 10+ pages.
Thats because whether its a non-issue or not (I never thought it was a big deal really) the Pats have a track record of cheating, and their titles are asterisked no different than Sammy Sosa's home runs in most Americans eyes. It bothers upstater to no end. I would feel terrible too if all 4 of UConn's titles were asterisked, so I get the sensitivity on the topic.

Reaction Score
Thats because whether its a non-issue or not (I never thought it was a big deal really) the Pats have a track record of cheating, and their titles are asterisked no different than Sammy Sosa's home runs in most Americans eyes. It bothers upstater to no end. I would feel terrible too if all 4 of UConn's titles were asterisked, so I get the sensitivity on the topic.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score

I wish I could swat you with a rolled-up newspaper.

Reaction Score

UConn's titles are asterisked.

So are the Patriots.

It comes from losers and whiners.

UConn has actually cheated more than the Patriots.

Brandon Marshall of the Broncos is already whining and making excuses.

Here is a typical case of whining and crybabiness from the pathetic losers: "Titans guard Zach Piller was not impressed, even after the Patriots had beaten the Titans for a second time this season. "Everyone was talking about their defense," Piller said. "I thought it sucked. It'd be a shock to me if they were holding the trophy at the end of all of this. . . . I will not leave this stadium thinking we got beat by a better team. I think that that team is not a very good team and it sickens me that we lost to them. It just wasn't our day."

CL82

Reaction Score

So are the Patriots.

Here is a typical case of whining and crybabiness from the pathetic losers: "Titans guard Zach Piller was not impressed, even after the Patriots had beaten the Titans for a second time this season. "Everyone was talking about their defense," Piller said. "I thought it sucked. It'd be a shock to me if they were holding the trophy at the end of all of this. . . . I will not leave this stadium thinking we got beat by a better team. I think that that team is not a very good team and it sickens me that we lost to them. It just wasn't our day."
kalbarri-wa-fishing-spots.jpg

Looks like someone got a hit.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
the Pats have a track record of cheating.
Really? what? Spy-____? You realize they broke a rule that was in place a total of 5 weeks? Does one instance really constitute a track record? In fact, a team can still (as far as I know) record defensive signals. The only changes were: 1) It has to be done from designated areas, not the sideline and 2) there is no point the defensive play caller on the field has a speaker in his helmet.

Beyond Spy-____, what else have the Patriots done?

Reaction Score
I never understood why Kraft rolled over on this, but since Kraft is a 'deek' I can't say I minded him cutting a seven figure check over it.

You don't understand the rules of the NFL that prohibits teams from suing the NFL? No team has sued the NFL since the rule was put into place. Not for Bountygate, not the Cowboys for subverting the cap, no one.

CL82

Reaction Score
You don't understand the rules of the NFL that prohibits teams from suing the NFL? No team has sued the NFL since the rule was put into place. Not for Bountygate, not the Cowboys for subverting the cap, no one.
He didn't appeal either, which I believe is allowed. Regardless this whole Deflate gate thing was BS from the get go. The NFL breached it's duty of fair dealing with it's members with the BS accusation and the release of false information. But as I noted above, I haven't forgotten how Kraft yanked Hartford around. His writing a check doesn't bother me in the least.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

So are the Patriots.

Wow your denial goes so far that you will trash your own hoops team to defend the Pats.
Its inaccurate anyway.
Take a poll of the 44 states that are not New England.
a) Did the Pats cheat their way to titles?
b) Did UConn cheat their way to titles?

A) will get 90% plus "Yes" answers
B) will ::maybe:: get 5%

Don't shoot the messenger. I didnt create this public perception. Im just reporting on it.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Thank heavens for the Giants, huh? Imagine Patriots fans with two more championships to mutually fellate over.

Reaction Score
Except for the people who will still swear the Patriots were cheating. I guarantee there are people that still believe that.

At a minimum they should be forced to repeatedly post that they don't believe the science and every other source of information that negates the idea that the Patriots were cheating.

great idea--that will certainly add to the readability of the board

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

You call others out for not looking at the facts, but then pull out crap like this? How could the Cowboys have subverted the cap in an uncapped season?

The reason Pats haters keep bringing this stuff up is because of absurd statements from Pats fans like "UConn cheats more than the Patriots." The whole gist of your guys' arguments is that there's a vast conspiracy against New England. It's ridiculous. Just admit the Pats are a shady organization that looks to bend the rules in their favor. It's not why they've had so much success; they proved that by blowing out the Colts in the 2nd half of the AFCCG and then beating the Seahawks, then running through this season with a ton of success. But to deny the shadiness is just not logical.

Reaction Score
Who .... won... the.... game?
NO titles have an asterisk unless the title or trophy is taken away. And even that is specious - you are telling me UMess never went to the final four that they went to and played in?? The moment of winning is illusory so the teams/fans that win try to make it mean something by talking about it reliving it and creating an importance of it. But very little importance really exists, so what any asterisk talk is really about is how unimportant a sports outcome is after the fact and the winners try to over-value its importance and the losers try to undermine this.

I really thought the fumble stats could have indicated an advantage to inflated footballs. This season proved Brady and the Patriots didn't need the advantage and if their receivers don't get hurt the dominant 2015-16 NFL storyline would have been all the Patriot victories.

Last edited by a moderator:

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I can't believe he stopped arguing that McHale was better than Bird. He's never let the facts stop him before.

I wonder if h is all right

Reaction Score
He didn't appeal either, which I believe is allowed. Regardless this whole Deflate gate thing was BS from the get go. The NFL breached it's duty of fair dealing with it's members with the BS accusation and the release of false information. But as I noted above, I haven't forgotten how Kraft yanked Hartford around. His writing a check doesn't bother me in the least.

Yeah, I think he realized that the appeal would go to Goodell.

Reaction Score
I can't believe he stopped arguing that McHale was better than Bird. He's never let the facts stop him before.

I wonder if h is all right

Yet another post which reinforces your habit of statin totally false things. I wrote Bird is better than mcHale in that thread. Dont be an idiot.

Reaction Score
You call others out for not looking at the facts, but then pull out crap like this? How could the Cowboys have subverted the cap in an uncapped season?

The reason Pats haters keep bringing this stuff up is because of absurd statements from Pats fans like "UConn cheats more than the Patriots." The whole gist of your guys' arguments is that there's a vast conspiracy against New England. It's ridiculous. Just admit the Pats are a shady organization that looks to bend the rules in their favor. It's not why they've had so much success; they proved that by blowing out the Colts in the 2nd half of the AFCCG and then beating the Seahawks, then running through this season with a ton of success. But to deny the shadiness is just not logical.

They subverted the cap because there was a rule in place before that uncapped season to account for it. This is the whole reason the Cowboys were fined. You do know they were fined, right?

As for the rest, the Patriots were never caught cheating.

Reaction Score
Wow your denial goes so far that you will trash your own hoops team to defend the Pats.
Its inaccurate anyway.
Take a poll of the 44 states that are not New England.
a) Did the Pats cheat their way to titles?
b) Did UConn cheat their way to titles?

A) will get 90% plus "Yes" answers
B) will ::maybe:: get 5%

Don't shoot the messenger. I didnt create this public perception. Im just reporting on it.

Losers and whiners.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

So are the Patriots.

Its like tcf15 called it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01