December UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

December UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had argued earlier that Paige is a reincarnation of DT not only in skills but in temperament and some on the BY thought otherwise. This clip seems to be the smoking gun. All that is missing is some swaggy talk to the refs but that will come.

Taurasi has been mouthy to refs in the W but I don't remember her doing that in college.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Taurasi has been mouthy to refs in the W but I don't remember her doing that in college.

Geno and CD would never have allowed it. Same with Paige. I am just extrapolating how Paige might be when she enters the WNBA. ;)

Reaction Score
Geno and CD would never have allowed it. Same with Paige. I am just extrapolating how Paige might be when she enters the WNBA. ;)

:D And I thought I was looking too far ahead.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bob Corwin scouting on recent She Got Game Classic:

Lauren Betts, 6-7, center, Grandview High School (CO)

Betts can already “fill in the blanks” as to college choice, rightfully being rated one of the very top prospects nationally in the 2022 class. She runs well, is a monster defensive presence in the key, has improved her finish around the basket and is one of her team’s better passers. She was one of the top performers at Mansfield with her team going undefeated.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Rayah Marshall, Lynwood

The junior point guard is a matchup nightmare for every foe: A phenomenally talented player with a never-ending skill set who creates, scores, rebounds and starts the transition better than, well, everyone else on the floor. Oh, and she’s closing in on 6-foot-4. Marshall was an All-CIF Southern Section pick and the Press-Telegram’s Dream Team Player of the Year last year after pouring in 20.6 points and grabbing 12 boards a game. Head coach Ellis Barfield calls her an “old-school player,” one possessing off-the-charts drive and versatility. And, on occasion, she dunks. She might be the best player in Southern California. Every big-time program, from Connecticut to Stanford, is angling for her signature.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Rayah Marshall, Lynwood

The junior point guard is a matchup nightmare for every foe: A phenomenally talented player with a never-ending skill set who creates, scores, rebounds and starts the transition better than, well, everyone else on the floor. Oh, and she’s closing in on 6-foot-4. Marshall was an All-CIF Southern Section pick and the Press-Telegram’s Dream Team Player of the Year last year after pouring in 20.6 points and grabbing 12 boards a game. Head coach Ellis Barfield calls her an “old-school player,” one possessing off-the-charts drive and versatility. And, on occasion, she dunks. She might be the best player in Southern California. Every big-time program, from Connecticut to Stanford, is angling for her signature.

Marshall is growing and Barker is shrinking?

Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger had 23 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals, and 4 blocks on Friday (12/13).
Is her brother Reese Poffenbarger? If so, he's a 2020 QB recruit that I think our football coaches are taking a peak at.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Talia Von Oelhoffen ('21) scored 41 points Saturday night (12/14) on 15-22 FG, 6-8 3-PT, 5-5 FT).

Jillian Hollingshead ('21) had 21 points and 10 rebounds on Saturday.

Saniya Rivers ('21) totaled 37 points, 19 rebounds, and 8 steals on Friday (12/13).

Londynn Jones ('22) had 41 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals last Wednesday (12/11).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe Awak Kuier will be going straight to the WNBA per something she posted on her Instagram.

“18-year-old basketball super-promise Awak Kuier made a surprise decision and rejected the university basketball because of the WNBA dream - heading towards Central European professional fields One of Finland's most promising athletes, 18-year-old Awak Kuier will leave after this season. The decision will allow her to join the women's WNBA league as early as two years later.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom