December UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

December UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
if that was the game that was broadcast her defense was of the matador variety on numerous occasions..............Geno is going to have some fun with her..........
Like most high school stars.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/10

Not a great opener for Saylor Poffenbarger on Tuesday. She had 19 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 blocks but fouled out in a loss to the team that beat them for the state title.

Reaction Score
That team that won the state title last year was not chopped liver...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
SLUC - doesn't sound all that bad for Saylor. Those are pretty much my CAREER totals right there.

The numbers are okay though down from what she averaged last year but, again, she committed 4 fouls in 3-1/2 minutes late in a close game that they lost. Positive she's not happy with that overall.

Reaction Score
The numbers are okay though down from what she averaged last year but, again, she committed 4 fouls in 3-1/2 minutes late in a close game that they lost. Positive she's not happy with that overall.

SLUC: wow, now those sort of foul numbers I can't claim; again sounds a bit more like career totals. And what bad timing in a tight game, eh?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
12/11

As previously mentioned, Mir Mclean was missing from Roland Park's lineup this season due to a family emergency. But she returned on Wednesday (12/11) to put up 22 points and 15 rebounds in a win.

Mir faces UConn player of interest Kiki Rice tonight.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
12/11

As previously mentioned, Mir Mclean was missing from Roland Park's lineup this season due to a family emergency. But she returned on Wednesday (12/11) to put up 22 points and 15 rebounds in a win.

Sorry to hear about Mir’s family emergency! I wondered if she was missing because the volleyball season was still going on.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
12/11 As previously mentioned, Mir Mclean was missing from Roland Park's lineup this season due to a family emergency. But she returned on Wednesday (12/11) to put up 22 points and 15 rebounds in a win.
I'm trying to get a better assessment of Mir's offense game. Her defensive versatility and rebounding prowess is well document. For those that have seen her play, how is she scoring the majority of these points? What is an offensive strength if you had to pick one? Is she a good passer?

Reaction Score
Another Bueckers highlight video

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Alexa Philippou caught up with Amari DeBerry and her AAU coach:

“Obviously, her size gives her an advantage,” said Tony Lee, DeBerry’s coach for her Philadelphia Belles Elite Youth Basketball League team. “I think having the right teammates around her allows her to do some of the things that she does very well. She has a very nice touch from the perimeter in terms of her jump shot, her foul shooting. She’s gotten better at running the floor, so being able to play with pace, and as she’s getting bigger, faster, stronger, it’s allowed her to finish around the basket more efficiently.”

Though UConn will undoubtedly look to take advantage of her size and agility in the paint, DeBerry doesn’t want to have to only rely on her inside game.

“I’m looking to be an all-around player," said DeBerry, who says she tries to emulate the style of players such as A’ja Wilson, Stewart and Kevin Durant. "I want to be able to, if I come into a situation where I’m outside of the paint or outside the three-point line, confidently get the job done.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Another Bueckers highlight video

I had argued earlier that Paige is a reincarnation of DT not only in skills but in temperament and some on the BY thought otherwise. This clip seems to be the smoking gun. All that is missing is some swaggy talk to the refs but that will come.

Reaction Score
I had argued earlier that Paige is a reincarnation of DT not only in skills but in temperament and some on the BY thought otherwise. This clip seems to be the smoking gun. All that is missing is some swaggy talk to the refs but that will come.

I'll say this in the most complimentary kind of way.......................... she's a nasty, nasty piece of work and I just can't wait to see her in a UConn uniform.................

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Roland Park was edged by Sidwell Friends last night, 55-51. They gave up 23 points in Q4. I haven't seen any stats yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom