December UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

December UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
@MDoggie any connection between Okikiola Iriafen and UCONN?
I'm very impressed by her motor, length and touch around the basket.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
@MDoggie any connection between Okikiola Iriafen and UCONN?
I'm very impressed by her motor, length and touch around the basket.

Nothing concrete, but I had put her on the list because UConn has had contact with her AAU team and watched events in which she has played. I figured there was a decent chance she was a player of interest. Still unconfirmed, however.

Reaction Score

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Between games last night I put on the U19 final against Belgium last summer. Bueckers was not impressive on MTM defense, losing her man more than once, but down the stretch when Belgium was rallying she kissed a couple of elbow jumpers off the glass that reminded me of Sam Jones.
That wasn't her only game where she was lagging in MTM defense during that championship. When she gets to her first practice don't be surprised if Geno brings out a chair and says "She can't guard it".

Reaction Score
That wasn't her only game where she was lagging in MTM defense during that championship. When she gets to her first practice don't be surprised if Geno brings out a chair and says "She can't guard it".

Maybe, but my recollection is that Nurse wasn't much of a defender the summer prior to her senior HS season.

But Geno will find something.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Belated scouting report by Bob Corwin from the Michigan scrimmage last month.

Aaliyah Edwards, 6-3, power forward, Crestwood Prep (ONT)

Signed with UConn, Edwards combines quality athleticism with high IQ, passing and finish in the key. She is a piece to a future Connecticut national title run and was very possibly the best player at the event.

Reaction Score
She seems to have quick feet and great balance. She’ll probably get it.

Funny you mention that. Watching her as a sophomore and junior I wondered if her feet were quick enough but then when I watch her this past summer it wasn't worried. I was especially impressed with her lateral quickness on offense. Like most players she seems to spend a lot more time on her offense than her defense so it will be a matter of work which is a lot better than a lack of ability. And she appears to love to work.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Latasha Lattimore has a UConn offer. I see her mentioned on other schools forums, but not much here and specially lately. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom