December UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

December UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
if anybody can have a seamless transition to college ball it's PB...........she was college ready two years ago as far as I'm concerned..............she may have her bad moments but I'd be shocked if she isn't ready to rumble from day one........
Geno also thought Paige was college-ready 2 years ago. Same with Azzi--she could have played on UConn when she was a high school freshman. Crazy but true.

Reaction Score
So would Edwards, DeBerry, and possibly Poffenbarger.
It's understood they are coming but I see DeBerry playing more of the 5 and Edwards will need a backup/replacement and Saylor is more of a 3, not a 4 like Tuck.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I HAVE BECOME JADED! I've watched so many Paige highlights that it has become hard for me to appreciate anything less. I'm sure she's great, 1,000 points is quite a feat, but Paige has ruined my appreciation for videos for a while.
After watching Maya Moore for 3+ seasons, I went to watch Mater Dei (ranked #1 nationally) and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. My initial reaction was, "She's no Maya Moore." But no one else is either. When I watched closely, I saw that Kaleena had world-class hands. It's no wonder she's a great shooter. My point is that watching Paige--like watching Maya--spoils you for watching anyone else.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
According to the Roland Park website, Mir's team won 29-28 on Friday and 48-47 on Saturday. I'm looking for details.

They lost 66-37 tonight. Ouch!

Maybe someone can confirm this: Is Mir still playing volleyball and not on the basketball team yet??

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
According to the Roland Park website, Mir's team won 29-28 on Friday and 48-47 on Saturday. I'm looking for details.

Maybe someone can confirm this: Is Mir still playing volleyball and not on the basketball team yet??

According to Mark Lewis, Mir didn't play due to a family emergency.

Even with the best of scheduling the twists and turns of life and basketball always has a hand in who actually takes the floor. Azzi Fudd (St. John’s) is still rehabbing that knee. Rain Green (Roland Park) is cleared for practice but not for actual games while teammate Mir McLean had a family emergency.

Lewis's report on Kiki Rice from the same showcase:

KiKi Rice – 2022 – 6-0 – Point Guard – Sidwell Friends – Established prospect continues to mature…Mixing speed and direction more often…Creating both shots and passes…Exploiting with hesitation move to get to the rim…Pull up is more challenging to read and comes with even more elevation…Physical strength has come and is an asset on penetration…Feisty and competitive on the defensive end of the floor

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if UConn was recruiting her or not, but I will post this here anyway.

FWIW, she seems among the more plausible of Stanford's 2021 targets and has been seriously discussed for quite a while now.

F – Kiki Iriafen, Harvard-Westlake, Jr.

Iriafen (6-foot-3) might end up being the best girls basketball player to ever come through Harvard-Westlake. This season she is averaging a mind-boggling 24.1 points and 18.9 rebounds per game. After two years of varsity basketball, Iriafen is starting to use her length to impact the game offensively and defensively. She could be a McDonald’s All-American in 2021.

FWIW, she visited Stanford recently (I believe for either the Buffalo or Gonzaga game?), and there's a solid pipeline from H-W to Stanford in other sports, so I suspect she's also a very plausible target for the Cardinal.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
After watching Maya Moore for 3+ seasons, I went to watch Mater Dei (ranked #1 nationally) and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. My initial reaction was, "She's no Maya Moore." But no one else is either. When I watched closely, I saw that Kaleena had world-class hands. It's no wonder she's a great shooter. My point is that watching Paige--like watching Maya--spoils you for watching anyone else.
OF course there are multiple adjectives I could use about Paige's game, but what i like most is that she obviously plays with great joy. And its contagious!

Reaction Score
Geno also thought Paige was college-ready 2 years ago. Same with Azzi--she could have played on UConn when she was a high school freshman. Crazy but true.
Was Geno using puffery to score points with a potential recruit. The proof is when they arrive will they start or sit it is never a certainty. Remember top recruit (at the time) Megan Walker.????

Reaction Score
OF course there are multiple adjectives I could use about Paige's game, but what i like most is that she obviously plays with great joy. And its contagious!
She uses the Toliver step back (to open up space) and then often scores with the space. I it interesting how a former Blue Streak has had a nice career.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Was Geno using puffery to score points with a potential recruit. The proof is when they arrive will they start or sit it is never a certainty. Remember top recruit (at the time) Megan Walker.????

Walker wasn't ready. Plus, she was a freshman on a team so stacked Azura Stevens had to come off the bench.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some Caroline Lau footage since UConn appears to have interest:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards and Crestwood will be livestreamed at 6:00 central tonight. Or at least I hope Edwards is playing. She has the Canadian assessment camp starting tomorrow.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Edwards is playing tonight. She's got two fouls in the 1st quarter and has taken a lot of contact without getting any calls herself.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crestwood survived against another undefeated team Tuesday.

Aaliyah Edwards had a quiet 14 points (7-13 FG) and 10 rebounds.

Reaction Score
Crestwood survived against another undefeated team Tuesday.

Aaliyah Edwards had a quiet 14 points (7-13 FG) and 10 rebounds.

if that was the game that was broadcast her defense was of the matador variety on numerous occasions..............Geno is going to have some fun with her..........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
if that was the game that was broadcast her defense was of the matador variety on numerous occasions..............Geno is going to have some fun with her..........

She's got a chance to be a special defensive player as Geno already noted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom