December UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

December UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Check out this video.. Tim Fudd has magically been replaced by Ducharme.

I truly appreciate the very loyal Ms DuCharme but really wish Mr Fudd could magically turn into the previously mentioned Lauren Betts............... :rolleyes:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I HAVE BECOME JADED! I've watched so many Paige highlights that it has become hard for me to appreciate anything less. I'm sure she's great, 1,000 points is quite a feat, but Paige has ruined my appreciation for videos for a while.

Reaction Score
I just want to know when Fudd is going to commit. She has certainly been to enough games to know whether or not she wants to join her good friend Paige on a journey of a lifetime.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I think Ducharme is a nice player but if UConn gets Fudd and decides they want a fourth, I think there are bigger fish that would meet team needs (Aaliyah Moore for example) better than Caroline.

Reaction Score
I think that after the 2020 class it's a miracle that UConn has gotten verbals from DeBerry and Poffenbarger. Add Fudd and it's a major miracle. Great classes are usually followed by thin classes. Geno has already hit back-to back hole-in-ones.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think Ducharme is a nice player but if UConn gets Fudd and decides they want a fourth, I think there are bigger fish that would meet team needs (Aaliyah Moore for example) better than Caroline.
There may be 'bigger fish' but as a team becomes loaded with potential/talent getting the right glue players becomes even more important. None of us know these women beyond what we can see on the court and the right personalities is the real art of recruiting.

Uconn's great teams generally have had end of bench players who may not have gotten the minutes or the stats, but were essential to the team. Better to have lesser talent that wants to contribute than disgruntled stars looking for 'more.'

Reaction Score
I think that after the 2020 class it's a miracle that UConn has gotten verbals from DeBerry and Poffenbarger. Add Fudd and it's a major miracle. Great classes are usually followed by thin classes. Geno has already hit back-to back hole-in-ones.

I thought that 3 would be the max number for 2021, but with DeBerry and Poffenbarger already committed and Fudd and Ducharme both showing a lot of interest, Geno may be willing to take 4 in 2021.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno's stated goal is to make "UCONN bad for WCBB again". Fudd + one of: Rivers, TVO, Ducharme, Verhulst, Marshall, Wolfenbarger, Citron, Moore, iriafen or Key would most assuredly achieve that goal.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Geno talked about roster-size in yesterday's new conference. He still likes 12 as the ideal number but attrition when playing-time isn't available is an increasing part of the landscape. Especially, if the chance for immediate eligibility exists at another school.

I think the philosophy of recruiting "good program role-players" may have become a thing of the past after Irwin and Bent.

"Caroline, we would like you to come to UConn to be a role-player on a championship team". I am not sure that speech is given anymore.

Reaction Score
A stretch 4 like Tuck is invaluable. More so than another guard if Fudd is coming. Moore would fit that mold, if I'm not mistaken? Any thoughts on this?

Reaction Score
Geno's stated goal is to make "UCONN bad for WCBB again". Fudd + one of: Rivers, TVO, Ducharme, Verhulst, Marshall, Wolfenbarger, Citron, Moore, iriafen or Key would most assuredly achieve that goal.
I'd like to see him pull Marshall or Iriafen out of California. A little more size for depth on the glass. Marshall along with Edwards would cover the wing slot for 4-5 years.

Reaction Score
A stretch 4 like Tuck is invaluable. More so than another guard if Fudd is coming. Moore would fit that mold, if I'm not mistaken? Any thoughts on this?
I believe I read DeBerry is a stretch-4.

I believe Harvard-Westlake is a prestigious academic school, and given the Kiki has already visited Stanford, they could be the school to beat there.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Moore started for the u16 team. She is not quite as athletic as Edwards but certainly belongs in the conversation. Moore, like Tuck, can do a lot of things on the floor. I think she would be a great fit and probably earn a fair-amount of minutes as a freshman.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'd like to see him pull Marshall or Iriafen out of California. A little more size for depth on the glass. Marshall along with Edwards would cover the wing slot for 4-5 years.
clap.gif

Reaction Score
Geno talked about roster-size in yesterday's new conference. He still likes 12 as the ideal number but attrition when playing-time isn't available is an increasing part of the landscape. Especially, if the chance for immediate eligibility exists at another school.

I think the philosophy of recruiting "good program role-players" may have become a thing of the past after Irwin and Bent.

"Caroline, we would like you to come to UConn to be a role-player on a championship team". I am not sure that speech is given anymore.

you are quite right about attrition..................nobody knows how many years Westbrook or the two European players will stay at UConn never mind the possibility of transfers or serious injuries..........

Reaction Score

if Fudd ends up somewhere else (which is a sickening thought), UConn needs another pure outside shooter from the guard position in '21-'22

Reaction Score
if Fudd ends up somewhere else (which is a sickening thought), UConn needs another pure outside shooter from the guard position in '21-'22
Lol....she’s gonna go to UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog