DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Has Betts committed to UCONN? As things stand right now Gabriel, ONO, Deberry will all be on the roster for only 1 year. I understand that playing the 4 or post at UCONN is hard but it damn impossible if you don't come to UCONN. Amari is the latest to sign up to try. Let's stop talking about what she can't do, 2 full years before she has to try and do it.
Isn't this what the BY is for? :rolleyes:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
She is slow now but get her to UConn where she gets into elite shape as does most UConn players by sophomore/junior year and she will be fast enough to play the 4....
I think it was Stef who told a story that once Geno put her and someone else on the end line with 4 seconds on the clock and told them they had to cross the other end line before the buzzer went off. They did it. He said now do it every time. His point was that some kids don't know how fast they can be because they have never had to be. Sounds like Geno to me.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think it was Stef who told a story that once Geno put her and someone else on the end line with 4 seconds on the clock and told them they had to cross the other end line before the buzzer went off. They did it. He said now do it every time. His point was that some kids don't know how fast they can be because they have never had to be. Sounds like Geno to me.
Geno also pulls that wristwatch trick. The last time I remember he did it with Kalani Brown.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
DeBerry looks to be the kind of recruit that would absolutely make most program's recruiting year by herself. And at UConn it's, "That's nice, who else we getting?" Great get.
1573407730177.png

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think you have me confused with somebody else..........I've never wavered insisting that she would be an important front court recruit for UConn..............
I remember you questioning why so many were so high on her. You thought there were others better than she is. I remember Charlie, yes I do:cool:.

Reaction Score
I remember you questioning why so many were so high on her. You thought there were others better than she is. I remember Charlie, yes I do:cool:.

sorry but I think you have a case of mistaken identity........................I'd be more then happy to admit an error in judgement but while some may have doubted her growth as a player in the past year I was not one of them.....................as a matter of fact I remember defending her high ranking during that discussion.........................the post player that I have commented as being possibly overrated recently was the young lady from Brazil that just committed to Syracuse.............there have been two players that have been UConn locks from the beginning, DeBerry and Caroline Ducharme who may or may not end up at UConn too depending on mutual needs

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
sorry but I think you have a case of mistaken identity........................I'd be more then happy to admit an error in judgement but while some may have doubted her growth as a player in the past year I was not one of them.....................as a matter of fact I remember defending her high ranking during that discussion.........................the post player that I have commented as being possibly overrated recently was the young lady from Brazil that just committed to Syracuse.............there have been two players that have been UConn locks from the beginning, DeBerry and Caroline Ducharme who may or may not end up at UConn too depending on mutual needs
@donalddoowop
@Charliebball has been a DeBerry fan from the beginning saying among other positive things she needs to be UCONN's 2nd priority behind Fudd in the 2021 class and in time she may eventually be better than Gusters. Pretty sure it wasn't him.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
there have been two players that have been UConn locks from the beginning, DeBerry and Caroline Ducharme who may or may not end up at UConn too depending on mutual needs

I'm not sure Ducharme was ever that much of a lock.

Fudd might not make her decision for a year or more, but UConn will wait for her.

Reaction Score

Fudd might not make her decision for a year or more, but UConn will wait for her.

by lock I mean if UConn offered she would likely accept.............she certainly has been a devoted UConn fan based on her past social media...........more so then DeBerry actually...................I have no clue where things are at right now...................is there even room for her with all of the other recent verbals?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly Ducharrme social media was exclusively UCONN as was DeBerry's. I'm also not sure how long UCONN will wait for Azzi. Attending a MD/SC game is not a good look.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly Ducharrme social media was exclusively UCONN as was DeBerry's. I'm also not sure how long UCONN will wait for Azzi. Attending a MD/SC game is not a good look.

I never saw Ducharme wearing UConn sweatshirts like DeBerry and Poffenbarger did.

Recall that Bueckers attended a slew of Golden Gopher games while she was their #1 target. Also went to Notre Dame games against both UConn and others. IOW, I wouldn't be bothered by Fudd looking around. She's been to Connecticut at least five times. That should concern Muffet, Brenda, and Dawn more.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi lives in NoVa. She has a big-time game about 20 miles from home. It makes sense for her to attend. Of course, Brenda is lusting after her, but Azzi is not a kid who needs to stay near home. I'm not concerned.

Reaction Score
I think the way things are shaping up for UCONN, the future is going to be very bright. And, I think Azzi, way deep down, knows this. Her committing to UCONN could result in something very unique and very special in her life.

Reaction Score
I think the way things are shaping up for UCONN, the future is going to be very bright. And, I think Azzi, way deep down, knows this. Her committing to UCONN could result in something very unique and very special in her life.
Scuda ho, Scuda hey, the cast of characters she could play with may be the inducement, the cream on the cake is having Geno coach her.

Reaction Score
Azzi lives in NoVa. She has a big-time game about 20 miles from home. It makes sense for her to attend. Of course, Brenda is lusting after her, but Azzi is not a kid who needs to stay near home. I'm not concerned.
That's world away from central, south Va.

Reaction Score
My opinion is that Fudd will either play with Bueckers or attend a school that plays UConn regularly. Those two live to compete with/against each other. I'm hoping of course that the competition come every day in practice.

Reaction Score
this year's team can ill afford to lose any of the big four......................that's going to be a constant refrain throughout the season....................coming off of hip surgery did Crystal really need to play the entire game yesterday? I never sensed they were going to lose the game....................why not give Bent two or three minutes in each half to give CD a breather? Geno's unwillingness to use his bench for even a few moments especially in a meaningless game has always been my concern....................

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
this year's team can ill afford to lose any of the big four......................that's going to be a constant refrain throughout the season....................coming off of hip surgery did Crystal really need to play the entire game yesterday? I never sensed they were going to lose the game....................why not give Bent two or three minutes in each half to give CD a breather? Geno's unwillingness to use his bench for even a few moments especially in a meaningless game has always been my concern....................
Didja see what happened in the 2nd half vs. Trebeca when Crystal sat on the bench and we tried to run the half court? We were literally played even by a division 2 team for an entire half. We got the lead up close to 20 and then Cal quickly cut it back to 10. Take out Crystal and we very well could have given up the lead and lost the game before you could barely blink.

I don't disagree Crystal needs a break, but we basically played 4 on 5 and squeaked out a 10 point win (neither Anna nor Aubrey contributed much when they were in). Play 3 on 5 and we likely lose...

Anyway sorry to get off track. Again, welcome to UCONN Amari! As you can see, we are in desperate need of depth! thank you for verbaling!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Who do you have a point if shes out. Megan?
I am not endorsing having Crystal on the bench during the Cal game but I am guessing that some/most BYers would have said Molly would be the PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom