DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

DeBerry Commited to Uconn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She is a RS because she redshirted during her first transfer.
Yea, so she was a R/S for Murray St. For UCONN, she's a GS. Like I said, nicpicky. Doesn't really matter. :confused:

Reaction Score
Actually, if she stayed at her old school she would be a R/S; at a new school she is a Grad Student.
She is still a redshirt senior. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I've been waiting a long, long time for that announcement...................never doubted she'd end up in Storrs.............!!!!
Yes, but you have doubted her ability.

Reaction Score
At this current moment, Betts is significantly better than Gabriel and DeBerry IMO. Whether she would be when she steps and campus and those two have one and two years under their belt respectively, I personally think so.

Betts is better than Gabriel, but comparing her to DeBerry is not accurate! Betts is a prototypical Post player that lives in the paint. DeBerry is more of a stretch 4 that is comfortable facing up and shooting the three.

Reaction Score
Betts is better than Gabriel, but comparing her to DeBerry is not accurate! Betts is a prototypical Post player that lives in the paint. DeBerry is more of a stretch 4 that is comfortable facing up and shooting the three.
DeBerry is way too slow to play the 4 at UConn. She will fit in very well as a 5.

Betts actually beat out DeBerry for a starting spot on USAB and her stats were drastically better.

Reaction Score
DeBerry is way too slow to play the 4 at UConn. She will fit in very well as a 5.

Betts actually beat out DeBerry for a starting spot on USAB and her stats were drastically better.
And their individual impact on the games wasn't close.

Reaction Score

I don't care what their stats were, they play 2 different positions!

Reaction Score
I don't care what their stats were, they play 2 different positions!
But as they played the same position and competed for the same minutes, it makes perfect sense to compare them!

The closest comparison I've read is Charli Collier. I think that is the best comparison out there quite honestly. Similar skillsets.

Reaction Score

She is slow now but get her to UConn where she gets into elite shape as does most UConn players by sophomore/junior year and she will be fast enough to play the 4....

Reaction Score
But as they played the same position and competed for the same minutes, it makes perfect sense to compare them!

The closest comparison I've read is Charli Collier. I think that is the best comparison out there quite honestly. Similar skillsets.

I don't see that at all. Collier is extremely raw and not a threat from the outside(although she thinks she is), DeBerry is extremely polished, she can finish with either hand, she can run the floor(not quick but a long strider), and she can step out and knock down jump shots. I really think you are underrating DeBerry and are going to be quite pleasantly surprised when she gets to UConn.

Reaction Score
I don't see that at all. Collier is extremely raw and not a threat from the outside(although she thinks she is), DeBerry is extremely polished, she can finish with either hand, she can run the floor(not quick but a long strider), and she can step out and knock down jump shots. I really think you are underrating DeBerry and are going to be quite pleasantly surprised when she gets to UConn.
I'm comparing HS Collier to HS DeBerry. Through four tracked summer events (3 EYBL and 1 FIBA) DeBerry took just four threes. Collier looked extremely polished in high school and was a terrific three point shooter. Even @Sluconn Husky stated she looked extremely raw at U16.

Collier is what we call a victim of Aston:

Reaction Score
Am I reading that some have graded, rated, ranked and seemingly pigeon-holed 16 year olds? Successful players at UConn have come in all sizes at every position. The only common physical thing they all shared was great hands and passing ability. Who can say how driven they will be in 2 years?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This discussion of Amari vs Betts is a little silly for several reasons. Amari is two years away from playing in college and Betts is three years out. BIGs all develop at their own pace. From what I’ve seen of Amari, she will be an outstanding player at UConn. As for Betts, lets wait a year or so until we start anointing her as the chosen one.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
At this current moment, Betts is significantly better than Gabriel and DeBerry IMO. Whether she would be when she steps and campus and those two have one and two years under their belt respectively, I personally think so.
Did I miss something? Has Betts committed to UCONN? As things stand right now Gabriel, ONO, Deberry will all be on the roster for only 1 year. I understand that playing the 4 or post at UCONN is hard but it is damn impossible if you don't come to UCONN. Amari is the latest to sign up to try. Let's stop talking about what she can't do, 2 full years before she has to try and do it.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm comparing HS Collier to HS DeBerry. Through four tracked summer events (3 EYBL and 1 FIBA) DeBerry took just four threes. Collier looked extremely polished in high school and was a terrific three point shooter. Even @Sluconn Husky stated she looked extremely raw at U16.
Collier is what we call a victim of Aston:
Well- pretty easy to look polished when you have 1/2 foot on all the players in the highlight video.
She didn't look polished at USA basketball or most of her time on the EYBL circuit. Come on this is a thread about Amari. Charli had her chance to be at UCONN ain't nobody here missing her.

Reaction Score
Did I miss something? Has Betts committed to UCONN? As things stand right now Gabriel, ONO, Deberry will all be on the roster for only 1 year. I understand that playing the 4 or post at UCONN is hard but it damn impossible if you don't come to UCONN. Amari is the latest to sign up to try. Let's stop talking about what she can't do, 2 full years before she has to try and do it.
Yep. Someone mentioned Betts is a serious possibility!

Reaction Score
Well- pretty easy to look polished when you have 1/2 foot on all the players in the highlight video.
She didn't look polished at USA basketball or most of her time on the EYBL circuit. Come on this is a thread about Amari. Charli had her chance to be at UCONN ain't nobody here missing her.
Someone compared her to Azura and I though Charli was a better comparison, my apologies!

I didn’t know comparisons were prohibited, my apologies.

Reaction Score
Yes, but you have doubted her ability.

I think you have me confused with somebody else..........I've never wavered insisting that she would be an important front court recruit for UConn..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom