Death penalty impact? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Death penalty impact?

Reaction Score
The death penalty will never happen.

But if it did for some crazy reason, it could actually put the entire University out of business. With their over-leveraged stadium financial deal, their reliance on athletic revenue, and their budget situation, it could get ugly. Wasn't there political positioning last year by some Kentucky legislatures about letting Louisville go belly up as it was already? This could potentially put the entire University at risk.

Having said that, the death penalty will never happen [unless UConn ever gets caught giving an athlete a C+ grade when their numeric score was actually 76.8, a C...then you'd see the death penalty applied]

Isn't the university inured from all this because the rent is paid by the municipality? That was the whole controversy. AND, if Louisville was somehow forced to enter into a less advantageous contract with the YUM, did the lawyers idemnify the school in case of such a thing happening? In other words, Louisville was dealing from a position of strength. It did the town a favor. And given the coach, the lawyers might have been smart enough to protect the school on this.

Reaction Score
The closest the NCAA has come to the death penalty in recent times was Baylor basketball. They were not allowed to play non-conference opponents for one season as well as the typical NCAA sanctions like scholarship reductions...

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
One thing at a time. The hammer has to fall on Louisville first. Rumors of Pitino and Jurich getting canned today all over Twitter. If both are fired, it is an admission of guilt. If I was the Louisville President, I might consider self-imposing the death penalty if the ACC will hold my spot in the conference.
I live here and I'm hearing it.but we've heard it before to.

Reaction Score
My only disappointment in this whole case is that the FBI didn't wait to release this information until the morning of the ACC media day :oops:
That would have been a thing of beauty. Ah, missed opportunities.

Reaction Score
I honestly think the death penalty is on the table.

Strippers and prostitutes for under age recruits followed RIGHT AWAY by paying over 100k for players.

All caught on tape by the gosh darn FBI!!!

If they don't get the death penalty, than they will get something that sets the program back for years.

Make no mistake, the NCAA does not wax poetic about a school like Louisville.

They will be more than willing to make them a sacrificial lamb.

Reaction Score
The closest the NCAA has come to the death penalty in recent times was Baylor basketball. They were not allowed to play non-conference opponents for one season as well as the typical NCAA sanctions like scholarship reductions...

I think they'll get something like this. It won't be the true death penalty, but it will be severe and last for a few years.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan im happy, however, im probably going to attend Louisville so.... ****! But well see how everything goes.

Reaction Score
This is so unprecedented in the modern college sports era that I don't know how anyone can confidently make any prediction. Yes, this is the FBI, but the FBI isn't going to include NCAA penalties as part of its settlement.

We're just going to have to see. But it's hard to believe this won't bite us in the rear one way or another. Everything else does.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Louisville is in a world of hurt for sure. While the NCAA has taken it's time with UNC I can see this being fast tracked and the hammer coming down hard. My guess is just short of the death penalty with numerous scholarship reduction and post season ban for four years at least. It will cripple them for years to come.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan im happy, however, im probably going to attend Louisville so.... ****! But well see how everything goes.
Why would you go to Louisville exactly? RJ Evans is at Louisville as a grad assistant currently, hoping he doesn't experience any serious negative affects from all this.

Reaction Score
Why would you go to Louisville exactly? RJ Evans is at Louisville as a grad assistant currently, hoping he doesn't experience any serious negative affects from all this.
The city isn't bad at all, the University and the state absolutely suck.

Reaction Score
Honestly how bad could a one year death penalty hurt a school like Louisville?

Not like they're being forced back to the American or conference USA.

We don't need cheaters in the AAC.

Reaction Score
I dont want to get deep on this thread but its close to where I live, I can get in, and they have Sports Administration as a major.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It will come down to how outside the lines UL actually was. There are at least 4 P5 programs tabbed for steering players to agents. That's bad. There are another handful that are going to go down for paying recruits. While I doubt there is an epidemic of coaches and universities in kahoots with agents and financial advisors. I am not as certain that the number of schools that pay Top 50 recruits 5+ figure sums is less than say 20.

A scandal that nabs 20+ of the top programs isn't something the NCAA wants to uncover. They will give the Syracuse treatment to any school that is dumb enough to get caught out publicly. If UL is on an island then they will be a sacrificial lamb with a chance to survive if they clean house.

Reaction Score
Even if Louisville gets a penalty that hammers them for 3-4 years aren't they still in the ACC? Let me ask this hypothetically. Would we at UCONN take Louisville's penalty unknown at this time for a straight conference trade with them? We become ACC and they take our place in the AAC. See? We're more screwed than them and they're getting the penalty!

Reaction Score
Even if Louisville gets a penalty that hammers them for 3-4 years aren't they still in the ACC? Let me ask this hypothetically. Would we at UCONN take Louisville's penalty unknown at this time for a straight conference trade with them? We become ACC and they take our place in the AAC. See? We're more screwed than them and they're getting the penalty!
No, and if anyone would they should be checked into an asylum.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
are your grades and test scores that low, or perhaps you haven't heard but the whores are only for the mens basketball team
just busting on you!!!!

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Louisville deserves to get the kick into the next century. When your main recruitment technique involves two things that are jail sentences in just about every other area of society (child prostitution and bribery), you know when you get caught it is going to be bad.
P.S. I hope ESPN drums up this Louisville thing and works behind the scenes to save our bacon for once.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom