Dear AD Dave | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dear AD Dave

Reaction Score

It's almost like UConn WANTS to be an FCS program. So be it, at this rate.

Reaction Score
if the new head coach cannot turn thing around quickly then you gotta believe that at some point the Board of Trustees will pull the plug of financing a football team that loses on and off of the field.

Reaction Score
if the new head coach cannot turn thing around quickly then you gotta believe that at some point the Board of Trustees will pull the plug of financing a football team that loses on and off of the field.
What exactly have they lost off the field?

Reaction Score

It's almost like UConn WANTS to be an FCS program. So be it, at this rate.

I use to think I'd rather lose every weekend but have a program to watch ... but Uconn is making me eat those words.... I'm ok if we drop football at this point. I'd rather not have football than reach new lows every weekend. Based on how often key players get injured, incompetence with the coaching staff, players finding new ways to screw up even the smallest morsel of in-game hope with idiotic penalties, and literally hanging their heads and giving up on plays there is zero hope for the future.... none.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The biggest scandal in all of this is how Dave Benedict sat around while this iteration of a team was assembled and presented as FBS-ready.

Anyone with half of a football brain can see that there is, almost without exception, FBS talent on this team. Five years. That's how long Benedict had for assessing individual players that comprise this team. And yet he claimed this past summer that UConn was going to be competitive at the FBS level.

Cashing checks without accountability. Must be fun.
100X.
He cobbled together schedules and split up games. Apparently he could not do that and also monitor Edsall while he was torching the place.

Reaction Score
I’m done with the excuses, teams have dealt with being short handed. We did have a 10-7 and there was ample time to make adjustments during the game. Oh ya btw it’s Umass.
The biggest scandal in all of this is how Dave Benedict sat around while this iteration of a team was assembled and presented as FBS-ready.

Anyone with half of a football brain can see that there is, almost without exception, FBS talent on this team. Five years. That's how long Benedict had for assessing individual players that comprise this team. And yet he claimed this past summer that UConn was going to be competitive at the FBS level.

Cashing checks without accountability. Must be fun.
Is it not AD Dave’s issue too?

And people act like coaching a football game is rocket science. Give me a break. Many of us do jobs more difficult than coaching a football team.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I use to think I'd rather lose every weekend but have a program to watch ... but Uconn is making me eat those words.... I'm ok if we drop football at this point. I'd rather not have football than reach new lows every weekend. Based on how often key players get injured, incompetence with the coaching staff, players finding new ways to screw up even the smallest morsel of in-game hope with idiotic penalties, and literally hanging their heads and giving up on plays there is zero hope for the future.... none.
All emotions by UConn football fans are fair today. There is no defense of this program at this point. I can't blame anyone for thinking the program should be killed.

But...I still have hope that Benedict will make the right call on the next coach and they will be respectable again. This has to be the low point because they can't be worse than the worst team in college football. Right?....lol.

I just hope this stay in the basement is short.

Reaction Score
You guys remember we were missing 3 coaches including the interim head coach and OC, right? That forced people into coaching roles they aren't prepared for. I expected a better effort, but those losses were huge. Also lost our most experienced lineman.
I'm disappointed, but what did you think would happen with those losses?
And playing with a backup QB...but other than that....

Reaction Score
Quickly??? You’re full of it. If Edsall took 3 years to destroy this program, at least give the new coach that. This loss is still on FHCRE 2.0

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Just stop ridiculous they're not going to do that...

Reaction Score
People are nuts. We’ve lost half our good players to injury, we’ve lost two head coaches and we were coming off multiple crushing losses. This was a trap game with a bunch of inexperienced players and coaches. Sack up and get ready for Yale. We were on our third QB and third head coach in 6 games. Don’t be a bunch of pansies. This mess will turn around next year. Support the kids so they don’t all leave and prolong our freakin misery.

Reaction Score
People are nuts. We’ve lost half our good players to injury, we’ve lost two head coaches and we were coming off multiple crushing losses. This was a trap game with a bunch of inexperienced players and coaches. Sack up and get ready for Yale. We were on our third QB and third head coach in 6 games. Don’t be a bunch of pansies. This mess will turn around next year. Support the kids so they don’t all leave and prolong our freakin misery.

"Sack up and get ready for Yale."
The new rallying cry? Yikes....

Reaction Score
You have not been paying attention.

Reaction Score
Every D1 team loses top players to injury. it's part of the game. UConn wants to be a D1 program and the coaches get paid real money. I think most people who follow the Boneyard and want a competitive program can't even fathom how inept the program is.

Reaction Score
Who honestly thinks they're going to get a decent coach to come to this dumpster fire?
Given how destructive and bad, Edsall was to the program, I think they will make a decent choice. Was men’s basketball a dumpster fire when Uconn fired Kevin Ollie?

Reaction Score

embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Given how destructive and bad, Edsall was to the program, I think they will make a decent choice. Was men’s basketball a dumpster fire when Uconn fired Kevin Ollie?
Yeah turning around basketball and football are totally the same thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom