Dear AD Dave | The Boneyard

Dear AD Dave

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I won’t be at the Rent next week or the rest of the year. I can’t see myself investing in another game this year.

Please do your best in the next hire and I’ll be back next year.
I won’t even watch this trash on TV anymore. I might DVR them in the unlikely event that they win a game. Lol.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
You guys remember we were missing 3 coaches including the interim head coach and OC, right? That forced people into coaching roles they aren't prepared for. I expected a better effort, but those losses were huge. Also lost our most experienced lineman.
I'm disappointed, but what did you think would happen with those losses?

Reaction Score
You guys remember we were missing 3 coaches including the interim head coach and OC, right? That forced people into coaching roles they aren't prepared for. I expected a better effort, but those losses were huge. Also lost our most experienced lineman.
I’m done with the excuses, teams have dealt with being short handed. We did have a 10-7 and there was ample time to make adjustments during the game. Oh ya btw it’s Umass.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Sure, but it's also imperative every program have contigencies for the contingencies. As a staff you have to prepare for coaches being out and have a game plan which can be executed at the basic level- getting a play called, offensive/defensive packages, etc.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I’m done with the excuses, teams have dealt with being short handed. We did have a 10-7 and there was ample time to make adjustments during the game. Oh ya btw it’s Umass.
I'm just saying, you've got maybe the QB coach as the OC today. I wish Mazzone could have stepped in but he couldn't. Once I heard about the losses my expectations dropped. I was going to bet UConn until I heard that.

Reaction Score
It’s football.. these kids been playing the game pretty much their entire life. Spanos ain’t going to hold every single hand on the field, they have to take some accountability and learn how to self motivate. It’s all about how bad do you want it. There’s no reason why they’re getting pushed around and bullied by UMass with no grit to respond and punch them back. This is D1 football not the power puff league.

Reaction Score
UMass was clearly better than UConn, even on a good day. Meriwether is stud, and Wise could have played for a lot of FBS programs. How they lost 19 in a row is beyond me.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
@Yup! I completely agree about the player effort today. Lackluster, especially on D.
I'm just challenging the expectations placed on the substitute coaches. Many complained when Giufre got promoted to OC. Today I believe it was the QB coach doing it. It was obvious seeing the play calls he didn't really know what he was doing.

Reaction Score

It felt, at least to me, that the team gave up. During one D play in Q4, it looked like one of the D players (not named) had no interest in covering the edge or hitting the runner. If true, then I should be allowed to give up to.

Reaction Score
UMass was clearly better than UConn, even on a good day. Meriwether is stud, and Wise could have played for a lot of FBS programs. How they lost 19 in a row is beyond me.
What? Meriweather is a stud????? Lord I hope he’s joking

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
If true, then I should be allowed to give up to.
I'm not talking any of you out of it, I'm just trying to add a different perspective. Go ahead and give up. I'm sure i'll be watching the next game and telling at the TV, just like this week. I'm a UConn all sorts fan and will watch anything on TV, even the football team such as it is.

Reaction Score
@Yup! I completely agree about the player effort today. Lackluster, especially on D.
I'm just challenging the expectations placed on the substitute coaches. Many complained when Giufre got promoted to OC. Today I believe it was the QB coach doing it. It was obvious seeing the play calls he didn't really know what he was doing.
Guys still have to execute. Steven Krajewski throwing interceptions shouldn’t be happening, OL getting pushed around, D playing flat, Steven Krajewski under throwing and over throwing balls. We can’t keep blaming coaches. Players eventually have to learn through adversity, adversity is the best teacher. I do blame the coaches but my god these kids man. We need some leaders to emerge and I’m not seeing it.

Reaction Score
The biggest scandal in all of this is how Dave Benedict sat around while this iteration of a team was assembled and presented as FBS-ready.

Anyone with half of a football brain can see that there is, almost without exception, FBS talent on this team. Five years. That's how long Benedict had for assessing individual players that comprise this team. And yet he claimed this past summer that UConn was going to be competitive at the FBS level.

Cashing checks without accountability. Must be fun.

Reaction Score
I'm not talking any of you out of it, I'm just trying to add a different perspective. Go ahead and give up. I'm sure i'll be watching the next game and telling at the TV, just like this week. I'm a UConn all sorts fan and will watch anything on TV, even the football team such as it is.

There are only so many fair weather Saturday’s left in the current season. I deserve some credit for hanging in to this point. I’ll be all over BBall, Hockey, etc. But the lack of effort by the football team does not require me to give up a another Saturday afternoon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom