Dear AD Dave | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Dear AD Dave

Reaction Score
What makes you think that a State funded University is required to answer to the taxpayer fans of the football team? It would be wonderful if they did, but they never have and I don't believe it’s going to start happening anytime soon either.
I respectfully disagree. Everyone on the Boneyard wants this program to be successful. However, for every UConn fan- there are 10x as many who have no vested. Interest in UConn athletics. My point is- We are owed some basic accountability of cost v results. Most major national universities are far more transparent with budgets and contracts I think UConn does a terrible job of showing us the facts

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Sure, we're an embarrassment, and it's sickening to see how far we've fallen, but I don't despair. This program can be turned around.
(You should hear my LSU friend who texted me this morning --"horrible year for the Huskies and the Tigers"!) I'm convinced Benedict will make the right choice. The money is there--as is the commitment from the Governor on down. The best story in CF next year could be the rise of UConn from the ashes. And that's a story those Bottom10 folks will love to tell.
Agree great post

Reaction Score
So are you saying that were told that a single individual ponied up $6M conditioned upon Randy being rehired. Because I have not heard that from anywhere else. It would be quite a scoop, if correct.

As a side note, if I had spent $6M on this bucket of s.h.i.t. I'd be pretty pissed.
The president of BC is pleased with the results.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The president of BC is pleased with the results.
Wait, the president of BC paid $6 million to make Randy our head coach? Man, they are pure evil.

Reaction Score
Ironically, it likely is not significantly more or less likely than at the start of the season.
Is that because it is zero likelihood anyways? UConn could win the Rose Bowl and BC would block them. Now BC doesn't need to block UConn because UConn has blocked itself!

Reaction Score
Sure, we're an embarrassment, and it's sickening to see how far we've fallen, but I don't despair. This program can be turned around.
(You should hear my LSU friend who texted me this morning --"horrible year for the Huskies and the Tigers"!) I'm convinced Benedict will make the right choice. The money is there--as is the commitment from the Governor on down. The best story in CF next year could be the rise of UConn from the ashes. And that's a story those Bottom10 folks will love to tell.
I’ve been waiting for that story every year and just end up being kicked in the nuts.

Reaction Score
Guys still have to execute. Steven Krajewski throwing interceptions shouldn’t be happening, OL getting pushed around, D playing flat, Steven Krajewski under throwing and over throwing balls. We can’t keep blaming coaches. Players eventually have to learn through adversity, adversity is the best teacher. I do blame the coaches but my god these kids man. We need some leaders to emerge and I’m not seeing it.
TRUE !!!!!!!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Made decision to jump to basketball only conference, essentially killing football
I would counter and say that he may have saved football. Much better TV deal in terms of visibility, a more interesting future schedule, and given what happened to the AAC, he got us out of a conference that is going to take pay and credibility hits due to the losses of UH, Cincy, & UCF. Would you get excited for a conference whose marquee FB opponent is SMU? I'm glad we're out.
Independence doesn't kill football, coaches kill football.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
I would counter and say that he may have saved football. Much better TV deal in terms of visibility, a more interesting future schedule, and given what happened to the AAC, he got us out of a conference that is going to take pay and credibility hits due to the losses of UH, Cincy, & UCF. Would you get excited for a conference whose marquee FB opponent is SMU? I'm glad we're out.
Independence doesn't kill football, coaches kill football.
You're correct great post.

Reaction Score
Is it not AD Dave’s issue too?

And people act like coaching a football game is rocket science. Give me a break. Many of us do jobs more difficult than coaching a football team.
Yup, being a journalist is wayyyyyy harder than being a football coach!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom