Dear AD Dave | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dear AD Dave

Reaction Score
Some unwanted advice from a fan of another "fallen" program.....

Hang in...mourn the losses...and when a win comes....just celebrate...it is sweeter.

A win will come, then another.....sometimes a 3 or 4 win year is what we will get.

But hang in for the chance to cheer a win.

Rebuilding won't happen quickly....us fans follow our team through good times and bad...we get emotional. I rip off my T shirt and throw it at the TV (cheaper than throwing a remote..don't ask me)

Reaction Score
Are you saying I’m wrong in stating that “UMass was clearly better than UConn”? If UMass is atrocious what does that make UConn. Come on, give credit where credit is due.
It means UCONN is worse than atrocious. The two worst teams in FBS are UMASS and UCONN. UMASS beat UCONN. Doesn’t change the fact UMASS is atrocious. Just means that it puts to rest what team is the worst in FBS.

Reaction Score
Are you saying I’m wrong in stating that “UMass was clearly better than UConn”? If UMass is atrocious what does that make UConn. Come on, give credit where credit is due.
UMass is the 2nd worst team in FBS.

Reaction Score
We’ve played several games closer against better teams. This game was a disaster and totally embarrassing, but we are duct taped together at this point. Just move on. Edsall created this, don’t trash the players, who are, once again on their third coach and third QB in 6 games. We were never good enough this season to think that might not bite us against UMass. We are a mess. None of that helped the situation.

Reaction Score
We’ve played several games closer against better teams. This game was a disaster and totally embarrassing, but we are duct taped together at this point. Just move on. Edsall created this, don’t trash the players, who are, once again on their third coach and third QB in 6 games. We were never good enough this season to think that might not bite us against UMass. We are a mess. None of that helped the situation.
Funny. I can’t keep track anymore. The spin the last 2 weeks was we were heading in the right direction after near misses against Wyoming and Vanderbilt.

Reaction Score
It means UCONN is worse than atrocious. The two worst teams in FBS are UMASS and UCONN. UMASS beat UCONN. Doesn’t change the fact UMASS is atrocious. Just means that it puts to rest what team is the worst in FBS.
Oh, OK. So the team that lost in the closing minutes or seconds by 2 points to Wyoming and at Vanderbilt, is worse than atrocious and is the worst FBS team out there. I get it, you’re logic is impeccable, and I guess UMass wouldn’t have a chance against either team.

Reaction Score
Funny. I can’t keep track anymore. The spin the last 2 weeks was we were heading in the right direction after near misses against Wyoming and Vanderbilt.
We were headed in the right direction. We lost our QB, then we lost our coach. It’s brutal out here.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

It's almost like UConn WANTS to be an FCS program. So be it, at this rate.

Stupid....every year there's going to be a team who's the worst in FBS....should we call for that team to drop to FCS or drop it as well? Please.....and yes, I know we've been near the bottom for a few years now. Still, doesn't make it a logical statement.

Reaction Score
We were headed in the right direction. We lost our QB, then we lost our coach. It’s brutal out here.
Seems like we lost some miserable fans too. Lots of hate out there, a lot of it directed at Dave Benedict.

Reaction Score
Seems like we lost some miserable fans too. Lots of hate out there, a lot of it directed at Dave Benedict.
I don’t think there is any hate, just some fans that are tired of the losing and more so the lack of support by the School. Dave Benedict shoulders a lot of the blame.

Reaction Score
Stop with the blame. My eyes told me the players were not interested in competing today. Much like Holy Cross they thought they’d win. They are more talented than those two teams but got their ass kicked.

Reaction Score
Stop with the blame. My eyes told me the players were not interested in competing today. Much like Holy Cross they thought they’d win. They are more talented than those two teams but got their ass kicked.
"More talented"? How do you figger that?

Reaction Score
Apparently they figured they were because the effort was not there for the most part

Reaction Score
Here's my letter...

"Dear Dave,

3n1rRPh.jpg

Reaction Score
It felt, at least to me, that the team gave up. During one D play in Q4, it looked like one of the D players (not named) had no interest in covering the edge or hitting the runner. If true, then I should be allowed to give up to.
He was being held… lots of lousy calls and no-calls.

Reaction Score
We've lost to 2 football teams from Massachusetts already this season and neither is the Patriots nor even Boston College.

I get the fact that we were extra shorthanded on coaches this week, but FFS, it's UMass. They pushed us around. Them! We had no answers for them 2nd half on either side of the ball, and the one scoring drive we had we squandered from a TD to a FG.

My God, their fans rushed the field after beating UConn. How bad of a football program do you have to have to do that? And how much worse of a football program do you have to be to lose to that program?

Still venting & pissed that I walked out of that little stadium in Amherst tonight embarrassed that we got our butts kicked by that crappy team and barely put up a fight in the process when we got hit in the nose.

I'm drained as a fan. I've hung in with this program for years now - going to games and hoping for anything to hang our hats on that'll give us hope that we'll climb out of this abyss, but it's been a brutal run. And any spark of hope gets dowsed quickly through misfortune (Puma injury, etc). How much more misery can what's left of this fanbase take?

Today was horrible. Another landmark low for this program. Not confident they can even pull it together enough to beat Yale next week.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
m disappointed, but what did you think would happen with those losses?
People would rally and be able to be the team that was formally the worst team in football? But maybe that was just me.

Reaction Score
So you liked the effort that they played with today? 3rd qb and 3rd coach shouldn't matter when it comes to effort. These players have no pride at all and that's embarrassing.

Reaction Score
I think we were. I really do. Today was a complete regression to the past. Spanos has been out along with few other coaches. Sounds like Mazzone was not involved this week (inexplicably). It drives home that there is no leadership in the program once an adult steps out of the room.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom