David Ortiz really is an | The Boneyard

David Ortiz really is an

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He starts walking to first on a 3-0 pitch before the ball leaves the pitchers hand.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/7/1/5863210/david-ortiz-early-walk-red-sox-cubs

Isn't this the same guy who whined last month when David Price plunked him?

From what I could find, he hasn't really brawled with anyone since Kevin Gregg in 2011 and Gregg pretty much mowed his lawn and made that happen. In other words, I think Ortiz needs a big glass of shutthef**kup with the David Price type stuff.

Reaction Score
Dumb move? Yes.

But while lots of stuff in baseball or sports may make you an balloon knot..this ain't it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really? What exactly did he accomplish with this latest little bit of oneupsmanship?

Reaction Score
Nothing accomplished and dumb, as the guy might have grooved one.

But this does not make him an balloon knot Not even close. An move for that would have been, for example, to yell at the pitcher to "throw me a strike!!!"

Reaction Score
Wow. Serious Sox colored glasses there. He acted like a jerk. If ARod did that, what would Sox fans say?

Reaction Score
You hammerheads are letting your irrational hatred of Ortiz cloud your already questionable judgment.

Whining because he went to first too fast in an unintentional intentional walk? Really? Say it aint so David. Please dear God say it aint so (insert lip quiver). The horror...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Look, he's a PED guy, a remnant of the 'bad old days' and basically waves an "I'm a moron" flag every time he speaks.

After the inevitable ugly parting in Boston, the beanies will be his most ardent haters.

Reaction Score
You hammerheads are letting your irrational hatred of Ortiz cloud your already questionable judgment.

Whining because he went to first too fast in an unintentional intentional walk? Really? Say it aint so David. Please dear God say it aint so (insert lip quiver). The horror...

It's not just that at all GO, he's all about him and nothing else. His incessant whining of balls he hit which are called errors and he wants them changed………never runs anything out and he's a DH mind you who does nothing else……..he wreaks a***hole to everyone but Sox fans……..but who can blame you guys, he's not even close to the biggest AH on that team LOL

Reaction Score
He has his flaws. Every MLB player does.

But his teammates love him and so does, if appearances count based on interactions on the field and in games and in quotes you read, the vast majority of his opponents.

My reaction is to an over the top reaction to this non event.

Reaction Score
If you're not a Red Sox fan, David Ortiz isn't a likable player. He just isn't.

But I could not give less of a about how nice he is, and I care even less about what fans of other teams think about him. As long as he's still hitting and he's a reasonably good teammate, I'm cool with it.

Reaction Score
Granted I love the guy and am a Sox fan but Ortiz not likeable except by Sox fans? Really?

I can see that with some guys on Boston....Lackey (who I dont really like and he has bee good)....Gomes.....Pedroia to a degree. But Ortiz? I disagree. Think popular across league and by most fans not in the Bronx....and I get NYers hatred of him...he has pushed in their stools sans KY ala Ed Norton in American History X so many times over the years that the mere sight of him at the plate makes them instantaneously pee their Jeter underoos.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nothing to do with stool pushing at all …. he's an a**wipe GO and it's become more noticeable as he grows older. He's a cheater who has not been held accountable and somehow has been allowed to escape from that label as well as a greedy worried about his batting average more than any player I can remember in history. No one has bitched throughout a career about errors being hits than Slapi………add to it he doesn't run to first I'm wondering how you guys can drop loads all over your papi shorts for the piece of crap?

By the way I love Pedey because I compare him to Papi!! Yeah lackey is really unlikeable mores than even AJ but Ross is right up there with those guys and Napoli and Gomes are right there as well. Lester is a d**k too always staring the umps down but hey Gardner looks like a every time he thinks a strike is a ball too…...

Reaction Score
My gripe is he just called David Price a "b*tch" and whined about getting hit by a pitch. Well, you act like you do showing up the pitcher or the other team and that's what you get. He's more of a b*tch than Price sure seems to be.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
But Ortiz? I disagree. Think popular across league and by most fans not in the Bronx.

Seriously?

What PED player is popular anywhere? And the whining over official scoring and his general shenanigans?

Really? You think he's popular?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Random note...

I found an old archived CD of family photos and bam....right in the middle of them is a pic of Deep, Go and Boog from back in the BYC days. It wasn't really in perfect focus because I was probably hammered.

Reaction Score
Random note...

I found an old archived CD of family photos and bam....right in the middle of them is a pic of Deep, Go and Boog from back in the BYC days. It wasn't really in perfect focus because I was probably hammered.

I actually look semi-good next to those guys...

Who woulda guessed Boog woulda made a career out of golf...not as a player of course but hosting/running a golf site I think called Back9

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My gripe is he just called David Price a "b*tch" and whined about getting hit by a pitch. Well, you act like you do showing up the pitcher or the other team and that's what you get. He's more of a b*tch than Price sure seems to be.
There are a lot of reasons to dislike Ortiz, but you've picked one of the worst ones.

Price is absolutely a whiny b*tch, and the entire Tampa Bay organization might be the most insufferable one in sports.

Reaction Score
I actually look semi-good next to those guys...

Who woulda guessed Boog woulda made a career out of golf...not as a player of course but hosting/running a golf site I think called Back9

Yeah. Follow him on Facebook or Twitter. Dude is surrounded by A+ talent and parties. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Follow him on Facebook or Twitter. Dude is surrounded by A+ talent and parties. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

Yes....he appears to have the world by the shorthairs. God bless him...he rode our team's middle of the pack BY finish to apparent golf glory...or based on the pictures on Back9 maybe more accurate to say he rode it to golf gloryhole.

Reaction Score
Yes....he appears to have the world by the shorthairs. God bless him...he rode our team's middle of the pack BY finish to apparent golf glory...or based on the pictures on Back9 maybe more accurate to say he rode it to golf gloryhole.

So a general GoUConn question. Does Pat Summitt's dementia make you sympathetic and less willing to make fun of the size of her crank? Or does it open her and her manhood up to a whole new vein of humor?

Reaction Score
David Ortiz is not a perfect man. And neither am I nor any of you. I don't like it when he doesn't hustle and I don't like it when he argues with the official scorers. I also don't like he when he takes too much time rounding the bases after a home run. But he does have a flair for the dramatic. He has had more than his share of big hits for the Sox. That grand slam in the 8th against the Tigers was typical Ortiz. The Sox were on the brink of possibly being swept by the Tigers and he turned everything around with one swing. And those walk-offs against the Yankees in 2004, will always give him a special place in my memory.

Reaction Score
Random note...

Red Stripes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99