David Ortiz really is an | Page 4 | The Boneyard

David Ortiz really is an

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Vike ….you whine about Papi getting hit? LOL…….you were probably one of those lame baseball fans at Fenway that night standing and cheering……..that's you for sure! Only Red Sox fans I tell ya………what a joke!

Papi got hit because Price was butthurt that he took his time leaving the box on a HR that was 450 feet right down the line. He also acted like a teenage girl all over twitter lashing into everyone after the Sox steamrolled through him. He even went after harmless and respected Verducci. I'm not sure he is someone to model after.

ARod got hit because every player in MLB including his own teammates loathe and despise him. Hell even Yankees fans despise the man although perhaps you still have a soft spot in your heart for him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Papi got hit because Price was butthurt that he took his time leaving the box on a HR that was 450 feet right down the line. He also acted like a teenage girl all over twitter lashing into everyone after the Sox steamrolled through him. He even went after harmless and respected Verducci. I'm not sure he is someone to model after.

ARod got hit because every player in MLB including his own teammates loathe and despise him. Hell even Yankees fans despise the man although perhaps you still have a soft spot in your heart for him.

There's no reason for him being hit - why because he cheated? Oh well maybe then we found the real reason Price doesn't like Papi either? When you get Papi's johnson out of your mouth someday maybe you'll see the light…….for now his is in your eyes!

Reaction Score
I can tell you haven't looked at those Pitch FX boxes before so I can't blame you for not understanding how to interpret them.

It's rare that a pitch that far away from the strike zone gets called a strike. It was an awful call and the fact you can't bring yourself to admit is priceless.

Right near the dirt huh? :D………closer to a strike than the dirt you called it my friend!!

Reaction Score
So you're defending Archer? Classic. Don't ever change.

Young kid, excited to get out of the inning…..yeah a lot more than a veteran of 15 plus years who thinks he's bigger than the game……you got it. Is Archer the only pitcher who gets excited and stares someone down - Lester, Lackey, Beckett when you had him - but that was okay right? It's not good but it's not comparable to Papi and his antics….you could try to find something all day to compare to Pai but you will lose….he is the biggest pc of crap in the game bar none!

Reaction Score
Papi's flip wasn't even best of the week. Yet it brought out all of the haters. Maybe he is bigger than the game.

No. The point is, none of these other guys showboats like he does, then whines about getting plunked.

"It's a war," Ortiz said after the Red Sox rallied for a 3-2, 10-inning win over Tampa Bay for their fifth straight win and second walk-off in two nights. "It's on. Next time I see him, he better put his gloves on. I have no respect for him anymore."

If you're gonna bat flip and jog around the bases or show up another team, STFU and play like a man.

Reaction Score
I really wanted to stay out of this but the conversation here is just too good. I'll start by saying I'm a Red Sox fan and have been my whole life ( a long, long time!) Over the years I've seen a lot of classy ballplayers and David Ortiz is not one of them. Do I love what his hitting ability has brought to the Sox? Absolutely. Like someone mentioned earlier, I loved to watch Michael Jordan too but I'm not sure I'm putting him on my all time "good guy" list.
Because of my age and my love of baseball, I guess I'm a traditionalist. Classy guys like Jeter, Ripken, Garciaparra, Nettles, etc. are becoming far and few between.

Reaction Score
I really wanted to stay out of this but the conversation here is just too good. I'll start by saying I'm a Red Sox fan and have been my whole life ( a long, long time!) Over the years I've seen a lot of classy ballplayers and David Ortiz is not one of them. Do I love what his hitting ability has brought to the Sox? Absolutely. Like someone mentioned earlier, I loved to watch Michael Jordan too but I'm not sure I'm putting him on my all time "good guy" list.
Because of my age and my love of baseball, I guess I'm a traditionalist. Classy guys like Jeter, Ripken, Garciaparra, Nettles, etc. are becoming far and few between.

That's all I ask from a Sox fan - well done. ARod is in the same boat, Reggie was and there were more. Just admit his front is better than what the nation believes……..

Heck I may have to root for the Minutemen now…..LOL

Reaction Score
I always enjoy reading these threads. It's because I am not a baseball fan and have noticed from people I work with that baseball fans are so petty that it is comical to watch. Although the last few years I was under the impression that the "passion" for baseball had dropped tremendously. My theory is that the steroid thing has died down and there is no more controversy. Watching baseball fans is more entertaining than the game itself. Thank guys!!!!!

Reaction Score
Young kid, excited to get out of the inning…..yeah a lot more than a veteran of 15 plus years who thinks he's bigger than the game……you got it. Is Archer the only pitcher who gets excited and stares someone down - Lester, Lackey, Beckett when you had him - but that was okay right? It's not good but it's not comparable to Papi and his antics….you could try to find something all day to compare to Pai but you will lose….he is the biggest pc of crap in the game bar none!
He jumped off the mound, glared at a so-so hitter and KISSED HIS BICEPS WHILE DOING IT. During the 4th inning of a June game. I mean give me a break. That's about as absurd a reaction as I've ever seen from a pitcher after a K. Even Joba wasn't as preposterous as that.

The kid needs to shut his yap

Reaction Score
He jumped off the mound, glared at a so-so hitter and KISSED HIS BICEPS WHILE DOING IT. During the 4th inning of a June game. I mean give me a break. That's about as absurd a reaction as I've ever seen from a pitcher after a K. Even Joba wasn't as preposterous as that.

The kid needs to shut his yap

I agree way out of line - he needs to grow up…..

No matter Papi's still a bigger a**wipe than this kid could ever be…….;)

Reaction Score
That's all I ask from a Sox fan - well done. ARod is in the same boat, Reggie was and there were more. Just admit his front is better than what the nation believes……..

Heck I may have to root for the Minutemen now…..LOL

Let's not go crazy here....root for the Minutemen??? I'll settle for just not calling us UMess!

Reaction Score
Tell me please Papi did not circle the bases and come down 3rd to home saying "I told ya, I told ya"……please tell me it ain't so?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom