David Onuorah commits to uconn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

David Onuorah commits to uconn

Reaction Score
I feel better that a space eater, shot blocker, rebounder has committed. Putbacks and layups are a bonus, and maybe he can make a foul shot now and then.
Especially with guards who can penetrate. He should get some easy lay ups, putbacks, and dunks

Reaction Score
I feel better that a space eater, shot blocker, rebounder has committed. Putbacks and layups are a bonus, and maybe he can make a foul shot now and then.

I like it. If they somehow add moretti, who will immediately contribute wherever he goes, ALL OF the sudden, the doom and gloom turns into an intriguing roster in 2017 with scholarships available in 2018.

Reaction Score
Seriously, what is wrong with you? This isn't a great get and doesn't point towards Ollie being a great recruiter. If you really can't figure out the poster was kidding about Ollie not being able to recruit his own son (even after he explained it to you) then there is seriously something wrong with you. We need bodies and Onuorah is a big body. I think he will be able to grab some rebounds and block some shots for us for 1 season which is a bonus especially with all our question marks in the frontcourt. Anyone saying this kid can't help us for one season is a dope and anyone saying this proves Ollie is some sort of great recruiter because of this "great' get is a dope.

All I've seen is people saying this is a nice pickup that can help us, once again you're creating false narratives.
Obviously he CAN help. The question is WILL he. Of course, only time can tell. He'll definitely end up somewhere between Okafor and Antric Klaiber. If he becomes Johnnie Selvie or even Mike Hayes, he'll be worth it.

Reaction Score
As good as we were going to get at this stage in the game. He gives us something as a proven shot blocker - albeit against weaker comp - that nobody on the roster gives us and he's a decent rebounder. Even if we're probably better off with one of the younger guys playing those minutes by March, at the very least we can use him in a situational manner and as a valuable practice body/locker-room guy.

Reaction Score
Seriously, what is wrong with you? This isn't a great get and doesn't point towards Ollie being a great recruiter. If you really can't figure out the poster was kidding about Ollie not being able to recruit his own son (even after he explained it to you) then there is seriously something wrong with you. We need bodies and Onuorah is a big body. I think he will be able to grab some rebounds and block some shots for us for 1 season which is a bonus especially with all our question marks in the frontcourt. Anyone saying this kid can't help us for one season is a dope and anyone saying this proves Ollie is some sort of great recruiter because of this "great' get is a dope.

All I've seen is people saying this is a nice pickup that can help us, once again you're creating false narratives.

Seriously. If @Stairmaster is getting warnings that his antics have landed him on his last legs, I hope this guy has some activity in his PM box. At least stain has readable text and contributes in other ways.

Reaction Score
Seriously. If @Stairmaster is getting warnings that his antics have landed him on his last legs, I hope this guy has some activity in his PM box. At least stain has readable text and contributes in other ways.
I consider myself to be a big KO supporter and will call out things when I see them. But this is just getting embarrassing

Reaction Score
On a different note, did this kid ever visit? I don't remember hearing anything about his recruitment other than some whispers of mutual interest

Reaction Score
He did visit, Monday-Wednesday.

Great get, not sure which big man is going to step up and claim minutes, but at least we have a lot of competitors!
We just need to hit on one as a starter and hope the other four guys can form a solid rotation. Those odds are much better now than they were a month ago.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He is a piece to the puzzle for next year. A big guy who can defend and block shots. Also, more fouls and maybe protects Cobb a little bit. This has nothing to do with recruiting prowess and that is for a different conversation.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As good as we were going to get at this stage in the game. He gives us something as a proven shot blocker - albeit against weaker comp - that nobody on the roster gives us and he's a decent rebounder. Even if we're probably better off with one of the younger guys playing those minutes by March, at the very least we can use him in a situational manner and as a valuable practice body/locker-room guy.

This is how I feel. We have front court depth. But none of them have played D1 ball, except Cobb briefly at USCe. So we get a veteran guy who can bang and board and defend. If he does nothing but show guys like Diarra and Carlton how to provide hustle, defense and rebounding, he's a welcome addition. I suspect he will particularly help early on.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Another 'hired' merc.

Oy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's been a miserable off season. People are happy and relieved to click on here and finally see " committed to UConn". That's all.
"Commits to UConn" is like a bottle of Poland Spring in the desert nowadays.

Like a nibble of goat weed from this perspective...

Reaction Score
There's no reason not to take him at this point. No point in leaving a scholarship open when you have a glaring need in the paint.

Hopefully he defends, rebounds, and runs. Welcome to the UConn (dysfunctional) family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom