David Onuorah commits to uconn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

David Onuorah commits to uconn

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
"I really felt a strong connection with the coaches [at UConn]," said Onuorah, who visited Storrs last week. "I could sense the hunger around the team, I could feel it, and it was a good thing to feel."

Good stuff - hunger is back?

I think the guys we have here are really hungry. Just my sense, from afar.

I think Jalen and the boys are gonna have real chips on their shoulders.

Kemba and crew wasn't even one of the preseason 68 ...

Reaction Score
Obviously he CAN help. The question is WILL he. Of course, only time can tell. He'll definitely end up somewhere between Okafor and Antric Klaiber. If he becomes Johnnie Selvie or even Mike Hayes, he'll be worth it.
I can promise you he'll be nowhere near as good as Selvie.

Reaction Score

And the fact he plays defense while only thinking about blocking shots and rebounding, he may also not be as bad in Selvie in some respects too. In other words I doubt he'll be a black hole and try to do too much either.

Hayes is a nice comparison but more athletic and longer, and that's fine for what we need.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All I've seen is people saying this is a nice pickup that can help us, once again you're creating false narratives.

Um, yeah, well, except you...

Not excited about this pickup but at least it is only for a year.

Really why? You like low rated projects and limited upper class big men. I guess they might be serviceable but loving is going overboard here.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? This isn't a great get and doesn't point towards Ollie being a great recruiter.

SMH

Reaction Score
Good pickup. Watching his highlight reel I was thinking what an awesome highlight reel Brimah would have.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Color me optimistic. This is exactly what we needed. A 4 that can rebound and defend. Now go find one 2 inches taller who can do the same things, catch the ball, hit a 6 ft jumpshot and we will win the league.

Reaction Score
Color me optimistic. This is exactly what we needed. A 4 that can rebound and defend. Now go find one 2 inches taller who can do the same things, catch the ball, hit a 6 ft jumpshot and we will win the league.

Hopefully the Italian kid grows then! LOL

Reaction Score
Give me a fifth year front court transfer from an ivy every year. They are the perfect compliment to a high major roster. When your backcourt consists of alpha dogs you don't need this guy coming in to be great, you need him to be fundamentally sound. Most ivy players are just that. All we need from David is to be in that right position on the floor at the right time and to box out. I think he can do that. Welcome aboard!

Reaction Score
How much worse off can we be down low than we were last year? I seem to remember games where our center gave us few points or rebounds and then fumbled the ball away. I guess if we stuck a chair out there. ( I know, he was a block machine) .The first qualification is can he be pushed aside by a forearm or a light breeze? Seems he can pass that test.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The observation I have is that he got a good positive "hungry to win" vibe from spending time with the team and coaches. The doom and gloom of transfers etc. is shifting.
I agree
I wonder if the team members didn't look at the transfers as doom and gloom, only a discussion item on this board?
But if he senses a hunger - I like that a lot

Reaction Score
The observation I have is that he got a good positive "hungry to win" vibe from spending time with the team and coaches. The doom and gloom of transfers etc. is shifting.

And can we note that the players who are still there and somehow saw the same things during a lackluster year as the kids who left, are hungry to win for the coach so many here try to drag through the mud. Let's see, 3 left and a bunch stayed and new kids still coming? Doesn't answer for the misses in recruiting but who do we believe about KO, or at least why do those who stayed have faith that KO will be the guy to turn this thing around still despite the many rumors? Whether they are true or not it seems he has the core of kids who do believe in him and that's a positive to look at. At least for some it is!;)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The days of our bean pole big men has officially ended with cobb, carlton, and onuorah

and this pleases me as much as anything :)

I just want a big body, 8 rebounds, 8 points, 3 assists and only 1 turnover. Just hold onto the ball when it hits you in the hands.

If he doesn't block a shot, I don't care. I'd rather play hard nosed straight up defense and not funneling drives to the shot blocker

Reaction Score
There's no reason not to take him at this point. No point in leaving a scholarship open when you have a glaring need in the paint.

Hopefully he defends, rebounds, and runs. Welcome to the UConn (dysfunctional) family.

100%. No downside when we have scholarships to burn and he only takes one up for one year.

If nothing else, we now have a lot of bodies to play the 4-5. Diarra, Cobb, Carlton, Whaley, and Onuorah...and that doesn't even account for the fact that Larrier and Polley will probably see a good amount of minutes at the 4 this year with a 3 guard lineup (mainly Larrier).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom