David Onuorah commits to uconn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

David Onuorah commits to uconn

Reaction Score
If this guy can just sub in the game from time to time and clean up the glass, score a few points and only turn it over once or twice a game while giving someone else a breather I will be happy. Be a nuisance in the paint, alter a shot or two.

I would be happy with a 7 points on 2-4 shooting/3-5 freethrows, 6 rebounds (4D, 2O), 1 turnover, 1 assist, 2 blocks kind of line. Maybe a few games where he plays out of his mind and doubles that give or take. Anything extra is just gravy.

pj

Reaction Score
If this guy can just sub in the game from time to time and clean up the glass, score a few points and only turn it over once or twice a game while giving someone else a breather I will be happy. Be a nuisance in the paint, alter a shot or two.

I would be happy with a 7 points on 2-4 shooting/3-5 freethrows, 6 rebounds (4D, 2O), 1 turnover, 1 assist, 2 blocks kind of line. Maybe a few games where he plays out of his mind and doubles that give or take. Anything extra is just gravy.

I doubt he can get to 7 points but 6 rebounds should be within reach. An A/TO ratio of 1 is not going to happen, nor 2 blocks per game.

I think we have a number of bigs, it's likely no one of them plays a lot of minutes, and efficiency is going to be more important than gaudy stat lines.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't even call it a bloop single. More of a ground ball to second that advances the runner.

Even the projections that are being floated ITT are way too optimistic. This is a guy who played 25 minutes a game in the Ivy League, didn't show much against the power teams he faced, and makes Brimah look like Kevin Durant offensively.

If we're counting on him too play more than 15 minutes a game, we're in trouble, and in all likelihood he'll inherit the Olander role circa 2011 of getting a few token minutes to start each half. If he averaged 5 and 7 in the Ivy League, there's no reason to think he'll exceed or even match that production moving up a level.

But he does provide a service in shot blocking that we were sourly missing, and between Carlton, Cobb, Whaley, Diarra, there is something to be said for the amount of bodies we have amassed. How many other teams can say they go four or five deep in bigs without much of a drop-off? We have a bunch of guys who were apparently good enough to play D-1 ball, which was more than we could say last year.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't even call it a bloop single. More of a ground ball to second that advances the runner.

Even the projections that are being floated ITT are way too optimistic. This is a guy who played 25 minutes a game in the Ivy League, didn't show much against the power teams he faced, and makes Brimah look like Kevin Durant offensively.

If we're counting on him too play more than 15 minutes a game, we're in trouble, and in all likelihood he'll inherit the Olander role circa 2011 of getting a few token minutes to start each half. If he averaged 5 and 7 in the Ivy League, there's no reason to think he'll exceed or even match that production moving up a level.

But he does provide a service in shot blocking that we were sourly missing, and between Carlton, Cobb, Whaley, Diarra, there is something to be said for the amount of bodies we have amassed. How many other teams can say they go four or five deep in bigs without much of a drop-off? We have a bunch of guys who were apparently good enough to play D-1 ball, which was more than we could say last year.

Gotta keep in mind, that was as a Junior. I don't expect him to have a major impact here, but having a year off to work on his game is at least one reason to think he might be able to maintain that production moving up to high major competition.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would be happy if Carlton, Cobb and Onuorah can combine for 10 points and 10 rebounds. Ecstatic, actually.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What do you mean a year off? He's a grad transfer who'll play immeditely

he sat out all but one game last year for "personal reasons".

Fifth-year grad transfer David Onuorah commits to Huskies

Onuorah, a 6-foot-9 forward, played the past four seasons at Cornell. He averaged 5.0 points, 6.8 rebounds and 1.6 blocks while shooting 51 percent from the floor as a junior in 2015-16, finishing ninth in the Ivy League in rebounding. However, he played just one game last season before sitting out the rest of the season for “personal reasons.”

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score

I wanna see him do some of this from time to time along with rebounding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom