Dammit, it's gonna get worse... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dammit, it's gonna get worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Disagree, listened to this and Madden did not PUMP himself. Just the contrary. He said it was all public info and he just put it together 7 months ago. He was also asked if he got a big reaction 7 months ago and he said NO, that not many people believed him. He even made a comment to the effect that it didn't take a genius to figure out big things were going to come out of this as YOU DON'T CONVENE A GRAND JURY WITHOUT 99.9% EXPECTATION THAT SOMETHING BIG IS AFOOT. Never heard of this guy before and expected him to sound like loud mouth blowhard (per your posting as didn't listen to it until read all the way through to your posting)- he was exactly the opposite - measured and didn't overstate. It was the radio show guys and not Madden who suggested all the football coaches and lot of people at PSU must have known about it. Madden even started out defending the 33 year assistant coach who is next in line, and only when challenged by the radio guys did he concede that hard to accept that assistant coach there 33 years and had no inkling.

He sounded like a loudmouth blowhard to me.

And, not that many people believed him? Huh? That's the kind of crazy bloviating I'm talking about it. It was reported all over PA. Why wouldn't they believe it? It's not like HE ha a scoop. He didn't.

Dennis and Callahan, as any Boston fan knows, are also blowhard know-nothings. As for the coaches who must have known, why did they stick around? Larry Johnson was offered a Big10 DC job at higher pay just this past summer. He knew? If so, why did he stick around? How many other PSU coaches have had such offers over the last few years? I'm sure there were inklings about Sandusky, rumors and such, but these guys didn't KNOW anything, or else they would have hitched a lifeboat off the Titanic.

Reaction Score
Definitely something going on on that site. I spent some time yesterday looking for Paterno on the various boards and did not find his name once. Now people say it was there one minute, gone the next......

Server problems, refresh rates. Someone has tried to take his name off, but one of the servers hasn't been updated. This has been happening a lot at my workplace lately.

Reaction Score
Is it really that far fetched that an organization such as this one, would consider any speaker a part of their "advisory board" even if they don't let that speaker know they will be advertised as that?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What I meant was not that Second Mile was a child abuse ring, but that Madden in that interview to WEEI where this info comes from was lauded as the guy who unearthed the Sandusky story months ago, as long as 2 years ago, and no one noticed, so we should listen to Madden because he has the inside scoop. Madden tuted his own self in a similar fashion in that interview.

All I said is that I found dozens if not 100 articles written on this from long ago. The only change this week was the PSU cover-up, the previous articles were about Sandusky's molestations That much has been known for a long while.
Thanks for the clarification. Have you observed any articles regarding a child abuse ring that you think have merit to them, even if they might be unsubstantiated and ultimately (hopefully) prove bogus?

Reaction Score
Is it really that far fetched that an organization such as this one, would consider any speaker a part of their "advisory board" even if they don't let that speaker know they will be advertised as that?

i'm with you Santini, it's not far-fetched at all. If you are a celebrity or a notable person, I'm sure your name shows up all over the place without your permission. I mean, Markie Mark Wahlburg's name is on that list of advisors.
Especially something as shady as this, they would stick any names they could on there to make it seem legit. It's pretty basic con-man type moves. Let's be honest about this, pedophiles are the worlds worst and most destructive con-men.

Reaction Score
He sounded like a loudmouth blowhard to me.

And, not that many people believed him? Huh? That's the kind of crazy bloviating I'm talking about it. It was reported all over PA. Why wouldn't they believe it? It's not like HE ha a scoop. He didn't.

Dennis and Callahan, as any Boston fan knows, are also blowhard know-nothings. As for the coaches who must have known, why did they stick around? Larry Johnson was offered a Big10 DC job at higher pay just this past summer. He knew? If so, why did he stick around? How many other PSU coaches have had such offers over the last few years? I'm sure there were inklings about Sandusky, rumors and such, but these guys didn't KNOW anything, or else they would have hitched a lifeboat off the Titanic.

You are sure, hmm. Are you sure what JoePa knew based on his subsequent actions? I'm not sure even after hearing him speak I understand what he knew. Yet you know what these other coaches knew based on their actions. Why did the GA stay around 9 years given "what he knew", maybe a big promotion made him "know less" - where was his Titanic move? And you are saying that none of the other coaches "asked" the GA "waz up", even after the grand jury was convened?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What I meant was not that Second Mile was a child abuse ring, but that Madden in that interview to WEEI where this info comes from was lauded as the guy who unearthed the Sandusky story months ago, as long as 2 years ago, and no one noticed, so we should listen to Madden because he has the inside scoop. Madden tuted his own self in a similar fashion in that interview.

All I said is that I found dozens if not 100 articles written on this from long ago. The only change this week was the PSU cover-up, the previous articles were about Sandusky's molestations That much has been known for a long while.

Upstater,

You need to give up the fight here. Every time you say it is not as bad as we think, it turns out to be 10x as bad. There is absolutely nothing that would surprise me anymore on this scandal, so I don't get why you continue to defend anyone involved.

Reaction Score
There are some pretty high-profile names on that honorary board list. Wonder how long it'll be before their names disappear.

it's an honorary board. i imagine anyone of any notoriety that's ever donated money to, or worked on behalf of the charity is on that list. each of the people on that list are probably on dozens of similar boards b/c well paid public figures tend to be involved in a lot of charities. the fact that they removed his name is a little fishy.

edit:after reading Holtz' comments it seems like that is the case. being on that list doesn't mean anything. having yourself taken off the list is odd but JoPa may have had nothing to do with having his name taken off.

Reaction Score
Upstater,

You need to give up the fight here. Every time you say it is not as bad as we think, it turns out to be 10x as bad. There is absolutely nothing that would surprise me anymore on this scandal, so I don't get why you continue to defend anyone involved.

I defend child molestation, that's why.

Reaction Score
You are sure, hmm. Are you sure what JoePa knew based on his subsequent actions? I'm not sure even after hearing him speak I understand what he knew. Yet you know what these other coaches knew based on their actions. Why did the GA stay around 9 years given "what he knew", maybe a big promotion made him "know less" - where was his Titanic move? And you are saying that none of the other coaches "asked" the GA "waz up", even after the grand jury was convened?

We know what JoePa knew. He thought it was fondling, and in his way, that's OK. All this is NEW information that came out this week. Do I think it's plausible that the GA never told his fellow coaches what he saw? Um, it's plausible. I don't see the point in keeping the coaches around, but if they'd known, they would have been gone. As recently as this summer. I'll say it again. I knew about Sandusky a while back from the news and from PSU posters on the boards saying that he was a pedophile as early as 2007. The new stuff is what Paterno, McQueary, Curley and Schultz were hiding.

You think that was an open secret? If it was, I want to know why so many coaches committed career suicide when they didn't have to.

As for MM leaving, for where? He's not exactly a mover and shaker.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the clarification. Have you observed any articles regarding a child abuse ring that you think have merit to them, even if they might be unsubstantiated and ultimately (hopefully) prove bogus?

None. Never heard of it. The only thing that makes it plausible is that Sandusky was so brazen about it. one incident was in a high school conference room. It wouldn't be surprised to hear that others were in on it.

Reaction Score
I defend child molestation, that's why.
Ugh, I know you're being sarcastic, but don't even kid like that bro.

This is the worst situation in the history of sports organizations it seems. It appears some good people have gone down to the disgusting actions of a pedophile, and the inactions of people that could have stopped him a long time ago.

Reaction Score
This wouldn't surprise me at all. I couldn't come up with a reason for JoePa to not have done anything, EXCEPT - if there were something even more sinister going on that he felt had to be covered up at all costs.

Reaction Score

This is the worst situation in the history of sports organizations it seems. It appears some good people have gone down to the disgusting actions of a pedophile, and the inactions of people that could have stopped him a long time ago.

This is my only possible response to nelson. any other will not satisfy the freak.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I have not seen evidence of good people going down so far, just Paterno and some members of Penn State's administration.

Reaction Score
This wouldn't surprise me at all. I couldn't come up with a reason for JoePa to not have done anything, EXCEPT - if there were something even more sinister going on that he felt had to be covered up at all costs.

there's more to the story for the simple fact that law enforcement was involved in the 1998 event and the case was never dropped.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is my only possible response to nelson. any other will not satisfy the freak.

Remind me again, which of us is defending the coverup of a pedophile?

Reaction Score

The only good people were the victims ... everyone else was part of the cover-up.

McQueary's name and reputation were going to be immortalized one way or another the second he turned the corner and looked into that shower. For a few moments he controlled how the world would remember him. Too bad we aren't talking about that young, brave, aspiring GA that stood up to a monster of a pedophile and a senile dictator...

Reaction Score
We know what JoePa knew. He thought it was fondling, and in his way, that's OK. All this is NEW information that came out this week. Do I think it's plausible that the GA never told his fellow coaches what he saw? Um, it's plausible. I don't see the point in keeping the coaches around, but if they'd known, they would have been gone. As recently as this summer. I'll say it again. I knew about Sandusky a while back from the news and from PSU posters on the boards saying that he was a pedophile as early as 2007. The new stuff is what Paterno, McQueary, Curley and Schultz were hiding.

You think that was an open secret? If it was, I want to know why so many coaches committed career suicide when they didn't have to.

As for MM leaving, for where? He's not exactly a mover and shaker.

You keep changing the level of generalization in your comments and responses.

"We know what JoePa knew. He thought it was fondling..." Huh! You know what JoePa "said", you don't know what he "knew". Kind of like a famous man once said "I never had sex with that woman ..."

All the coaches would have left if they had "known" yet when the one who "absolutely knew" didn't leave for 9 years and was promoted it was because "As for MM leaving, for where? He's not exactly a mover and shaker". The one guy I would be absolutely (and wrongly) sure would leave no later than 2009 is MM, given his "inklings". Even the Pres of the University, given his written response yesterday supporting AD and VP Finance thought he would get through this; my view is so did the head coach in waiting prior to last Friday (i.e., no matter what he knew or had inkling about he thought since he kept his pants up and did not admit to actually seeing any criminal sodomy acts, that he was ok and would be next head coach at PSU).

Since I looked up child molester for another post, it also defined pedophile. Some criminal law site. It noted (more or less) that pedophiles "may or may not" also be child molesters and child molesters may or may not be pedophiles. Not sure what the PSU posters meant calling him a pedophile, did they mean child molester, the more specific type of child molester that commits sodomy on ten year old boys, or what? If that was the case in 2007, boy this was so common knowledge that I'm not inclined to be giving MANY PEOPLE IN HAPPY VALLEY a pass on this. I would use a WW II comparison about a COUNTRY of people who "didn't want to know" but even this isn't bad enough to compare to that.

Reaction Score
The only good people were the victims ... everyone else was part of the cover-up.

McQueary's name and reputation were going to be immortalized one way or another the second he turned the corner and looked into that shower. For a few moments he controlled how the world would remember him. Too bad we aren't talking about that young, brave, aspiring GA that stood up to a monster of a pedophile and a senile dictator...

I think people are placing too much blame on McQueary. To make a corporate comparison he was a mail room guy who reported criminal wrong doing of a senior executive to the CEO and the CEO chose to do nothing. Is it the mail room guys fault that the organization is now destroyed?

McQueary deserves a chance to explain his actions and i'm sure he will get it.

S

storrsbred1

IF, IF there is way more to this story, it could be devastating to a lot of "big" names. Who know who is a deviant, family man or not?

This cover up is sickening. This should not be about Paterno. The only thing I hear is gratuitous mention of the kids before the defense of how great a man blah, blah, blah.

That scum red-head should be out of there. Don't understand why he's not.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
And I heard that Joe Pa has been on the board the entire time.
Wow. Very bad, if accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger