Damar Hamlin in critical condition, cpr needed on the field | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Damar Hamlin in critical condition, cpr needed on the field

Reaction Score

Amazing news. Does anyone know a timeline of how quickly they were performing CPR on him? All I've read is that they performed CPR for 9 or 10 minutes and there is no video I can find of the event.

Reaction Score
Heard he’s not only awake and following commands but is even writing questions, including who won the game. Incredible progress. Can’t imagine he’ll be on the vent too much longer if he’s already progressed neurologically this much

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Listened to the press conference, admittedly got choked up. He’s not there yet, but GREAT signs.

Reaction Score
Heard he’s not only awake and following commands but is even writing questions, including who won the game. Incredible progress. Can’t imagine he’ll be on the vent too much longer if he’s already progressed neurologically this much
Incredible. It sounds like medical staff got hands on him on the field in 10 seconds starting the process of saving his life. Hopefully this will be the national story which is the impetus for legally mandating defibrillators in all our schools, gyms/fitness centers, and playing fields across the country.

Reaction Score
Incredible. It sounds like medical staff got hands on him on the field in 10 seconds starting the process of saving his life. Hopefully this will be the national story which is the impetus for legally mandating defibrillators in all our schools, gyms/fitness centers, and playing fields across the country.
As someone who has been in hospitals going on 8 years now, and a former lifeguard, when I saw the way he got up and then went limp, I knew it was cardiac-related. Not knowing what the immediate responders saw upon their first look at him, they may have immediately known as well. I was watching super closely and never saw any clear movements that indicate that they were doing CPR, especially initially. I think they initially had a pulse and were monitoring it. I remember hearing that they were getting ready to get him into the ambulance when he coded and that’s when they started CPR. That is a massive difference, as he was already on the ground 15 or so minutes before the ambulance got there. Getting to the ambulance and the medications they have was the true first critical step, after accessing defibrillation; and it seemed like they weren’t doing real resuscitation on the field for some extended period prior to the ambulance arriving.

I think that relatively short time of CPR before getting to the ambulance what truly made all the difference.

As far as I know, don’t come back, at least not this quickly, from 10+ minutes of CPR before getting to the ambulance.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hadn't really thought about this, but when he learns about what happened, the support, the game postponement, the people praying, the charity, it's going to be really emotional for him I'd imagine.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This dude is going to end up playing football again, crazy story.

He owes his life to Denny Kellington.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom