Damar Hamlin in critical condition, cpr needed on the field | The Boneyard

Damar Hamlin in critical condition, cpr needed on the field

Reaction Score
One of the scariest things i’ve seen while watching sports. Reminds me of the Christian Eriksen situation last summer. I hope to all that is good that this kid is alright. There is no way this game should continue regardless. This is awful.

Reaction Score
Terrifying. I've given CPR once and thankfully the guy made it.... makes me hope Damar can pull through. Really, really scary.

I rewatched the play half a dozen times and I still don't know what happened. His head definitely did something funny... but nothing I wouldn't expect to see in a game. Maybe heart related?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’m officially now done with that sport . I think I’m getting squeamish in my old age/ renewed parenthood .

That really disturbed me badly just now . Too many permanent terrible things happen in that sport these days. I’m just not built for it anymore.

I’m thinking this.

Reaction Score
My mind goes to Hank Gathers but I haven't heard that mentioned yet. Hope the outcome is far different. Obviously no knowledge if this player had any previous condition.

Reaction Score
Terrifying. I've given CPR once and thankfully the guy made it.... makes me hope Damar can pull through. Really, really scary.

I rewatched the play half a dozen times and I still don't know what happened. His head definitely did something funny... but nothing I wouldn't expect to see in a game. Maybe heart related?
I think Higgins helmet hitting his chest area could have caused his heart to stop.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I believe there was a female volleyball player that died in a match about 25 years ago, but both her and Gathers had genetic conditions. This looks different.

Reaction Score
Could be anything but someone mentioned Commotio cordis.

These situations are always so horrible. Prayers to Damar Hamlin.

Reaction Score
I’m officially now done with that sport . I think I’m getting squeamish in my old age/ renewed parenthood .

I feel the same thing more and more each time one of these things happens. I certainly won't let my kids anywhere near a football field. Won't let them box like I did either.

Reaction Score
Watched the USC/Tulane game today. X-Tulane player who is now paralyzed, was given CPR on the field.

Reaction Score
It goes without saying but there’s no way these players could continue this game tonight. The Bills defense especially, no way. And if the NFL has any sense, they wouldn’t put anyone in that spot.

Reaction Score

That really disturbed me badly just now . Too many permanent terrible things happen in that sport these days. I’m just not built for it anymore.

I’m thinking this.
I hear you but it may have nothing to do with the brutality of football.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I wonder if it was rescue breathing (breathing into his lungs) or CPR (breathing and compressions). If he had a pulse then probably the former, which is less significant than CPR. Scary. I’m praying for him

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
The real question is why no one cancelled the game after an hour? Where’s the leadership?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I wonder if it was rescue breathing (breathing into his lungs) or CPR (breathing and compressions). If he had a pulse then probably the former, which is less significant than CPR. Scary. I’m praying for him
They had to use an AED to get a steady pulse back and then CPR for breathing. Hopefully saved his life.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
They had to use an AED to get a pulse back and then CPR for breathing. Hopefully saved his life.
I didn’t know they had to use the AED. That’s not good, particularly if they had to give CPR for 9 minutes after that

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Everyone needs to chill about when the game will be canceled tonight, because it doesn’t matter if it was canceled at 9 pm or 10 pm or midnight.

The more important question is what the NFL is going to do about a sport where something like this is possible, and where a meaningful percentage of its players end up with brain damage.

Reaction Score
I hear you but it may have nothing to do with the brutality of football.
The leading with the crown of the helmet is something they have been trying to get out of the game. Thats what Higgins did there. Incredibly unfortunate but that is the brutality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom