CV Returning | The Boneyard

CV Returning

Reaction Score
Now this makes me wonder about the NBA discussion he had with Ollie, or if they had one. No one could have advised him better than Ollie. Of course he all along could have been testing his value to begin with, even with good advice or not. Could also have been a result of the coaching change as well.

Nonetheless its a huge benefit to our backcourt with him returning. We are set up nice, allowing AG to recover at healthy and safe pace.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The most important words in this tweet are these. "Appreciate The Wisdom You Have Let Me In On! I Think It’s Time To Get Back To Winning Ways In Storrs!"

CV back is good. CV back with changes to his approach is much better.

Reaction Score
So for the first time since our last championship, we now actually have the depth in the back court to play 3 guards, as we have 4 who we already know can play at this level and a 5th on the roster. As opposed to the last two years where we've played 3 guards almost exclusively without having backups.

Given how much more talent and experience we have at guard compared to up front, being able to play 3 guards is a really good thing. I don't expect to be in that set as much as last year (because Wilson will play and when he's in we'll play 2 guards), but we will be in it some.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
It's possible that through the worst season in UConn history and a major coaching change that we don't lose a single player we didn't know was gone before last year. We knew Larrier was out before last season began. But Hurley has, so far, held the existing pieces in tact. Major props to Coach Hurley.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Very good news. We are definitely a better team with him. I hope he works on his shot selection and learns to channel his aggressiveness for the next two years.

Reaction Score
The most important words in this tweet are these. "Appreciate The Wisdom You Have Let Me In On! I Think It’s Time To Get Back To Winning Ways In Storrs!"

CV back is good. CV back with changes to his approach is much better.
Every single one of our players is singing that tune. If they fully invest in what Hurley is teaching them and Alterique is healthy and back to being Alterique you can pretty much pencil us in to the field.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It was his only move - glad to have him back.

I think he’s going to have to adjust to a reduced role, but I think that will be a good thing for him. Some of his shortcomings are exposed a bit when he had to go 30+ minutes a game - he’s ideally suited to a sixth-man type of role, but a lot of that depends on Gilbert’s health, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom