CV Returning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CV Returning

Reaction Score
It was his only move - glad to have him back.

I think he’s going to have to adjust to a reduced role, but I think that will be a good thing for him. Some of his shortcomings are exposed a bit when he had to go 30+ minutes a game - he’s ideally suited to a sixth-man type of role, but a lot of that depends on Gilbert’s health, etc.
I love CV, but he never would’ve started for our good teams. Would love to have him as a super sub. But regardless thrilled to have him back and wanting to change the narrative!

Reaction Score
People need to appreciate the recruiting Dan Hurley has done internally to keep all of the kids.

Speaks volumes.

Hurley has done a better job retaining KO's roster (for better or worse) than KO would have done himself.

I can't say one way or another whether this roster is good enough, but it's certainly a positive sign in terms of Hurley's ability to connect with and get buy-in from players.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Excellent news. Fills a need. I was wondering who would be the player to step up and show no fear chucking 28 foot contested 3's off one pass a scant 2.8 seconds into the shot clock. Now we are good.

Seriously though. Love the heart on the kid. Hope he responds to Hurley.

Reaction Score
A healthy Gilbert will take the pressure off Jalen. Vital and B. Adams off the bench give us a much strengthened back court. Now we need the front court to step it up and become a scoring option. We should be much better next season. Probably not a tournament team but much better.

Reaction Score

I think he’s going to have to adjust to a reduced role, but I think that will be a good thing for him. Some of his shortcomings are exposed a bit when he had to go 30+ minutes a game - he’s ideally suited to a sixth-man type of role, but a lot of that depends on Gilbert’s health, etc.

If he's the same player he was as a sophomore, then yeah, he will see his minutes reduced. But I don't see any reason to believe that will be the case given the upgrade in coaching and the fact that he's a rising junior. That's when a lot of players make a jump.

You have 120 minutes to spend 1-3. Provided Gilbert is healthy, that's probably about 30 for him and 35 for Adams. That leaves 55 minutes for Vital, Smith, and Wilson - assuming Wilson spends some of his time at the four, you could still be in the neighborhood of 25 minutes for Vital.

A lot of the improvement Vital makes won't show up in the box score. That's one of the luxuries of depth - you don't do the dirty work coach wants you to do defensively and you find yourself on the bench. Once you account for the massive difference in circumstance, Vital's trajectory starts to look a lot like Albert Mouring's. If he can average double figures, shoot around 40% from three, defend, and mix in just enough complementary play-making, professional scouts will take him more seriously at this time next year or the year after.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This kid has
images

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

If he comes of the bench with a Marcus Smart mindset to do all the hard stuff and hit open shots we’ll be a million times better. Hopefully AG is healthy and that comes to fruition

Reaction Score
I love CV, but he never would’ve started for our good teams. Would love to have him as a super sub. But regardless thrilled to have him back and wanting to change the narrative!
Neither would anyone else besides Jalen. He can be a good player for us, 6th man three and D guy should be a role he could thrive in.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
All I can figure is he was just in it for the feedback on how to improve his stock these next two seasons.

Reaction Score
CV is a battle tested warrior.. His experiences and effort is a HUGE asset to this team..

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So for the first time since our last championship, we now actually have the depth in the back court to play 3 guards, as we have 4 who we already know can play at this level and a 5th on the roster. As opposed to the last two years where we've played 3 guards almost exclusively without having backups.

Given how much more talent and experience we have at guard compared to up front, being able to play 3 guards is a really good thing. I don't expect to be in that set as much as last year (because Wilson will play and when he's in we'll play 2 guards), but we will be in it some.

And most importantly we can weather some injuries, which has not all been the case the past 2 seasons.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think he's considered a freshman at this point? Technically, he only has 3 years of eligibility left. If he wants a 4th, he has to apply later on for a hardship waiver. Just what I recall anyway.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I don't think he's considered a freshman at this point? Technically, he only has 3 years of eligibility left. If he wants a 4th, he has to apply later on for a hardship waiver. Just what I recall anyway.
Does he have to apply before this year or if he's fully healthy in say 2 years can he apply for an extra year?

Reaction Score
Wait I thought Hurley doesn’t like Vital because of his selfishness. He never even brought CV up in his interviews....

Welcome back CV!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I go back about 20 years ago (Yikes!) and think of Brian Fair having a larger than needed role as a soph and adjusting as a junior and senior to be a solid 6th man.

No reason CV can't play 2o mpg and be effective.

No matter what, he is going to give headaches to all those who expect a perfect 20 mpg, 11 ppg, 4-7 shooting with 2 threes and a made FT. He is a roller coaster. Enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he can give us some shooting. 37 percent from 3 or so. Going to need someone to hit shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom