CV Returning | Page 3 | The Boneyard

CV Returning

Reaction Score
I let others worry about correlation and causation.

I just put the dots together. In any order. Sometimes crossing lines.

But always reaching a conclusion.

Basicalll I'm Buzz Lightyear.

You can fly?? :eek:

Reaction Score
upload_2018-5-21_20-11-4.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wait, but the NBA draft isn’t until next month...I thought he was going to be in the green room. Hasnt he been in Miami working out for the Heat? ;)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hurley has done a better job retaining KO's roster (for better or worse) than KO would have done himself.

I can't say one way or another whether this roster is good enough, but it's certainly a positive sign in terms of Hurley's ability to connect with and get buy-in from players.

Very speculative in your 1st statement - it became easier when the 3 recruits decided to go elsewhere, plus, besides JA, what other guys who stayed have other teams drooling?
DH has a good roster to start with and I hope he takes them to the dance
UConn needs to have a 20 win season at the minimum and I feel DH can get that from them

Reaction Score
Really impressed with what Hurley did with what could have been a messy transition. Entire roster back, buying in, and motivated. 3 decommitments replaced quickly. Not easy to pull off. Let's roll. 2019 is looking up.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Does he have to apply before this year or if he's fully healthy in say 2 years can he apply for an extra year?

Usually apply once your eligibility has been exhausted. So if AG plays 3 and then decides he wants one more, he could apply for the hardship waver. It's usually granted, but...NCAA.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Every single one of our players is singing that tune. If they fully invest in what Hurley is teaching them and Alterique is healthy and back to being Alterique you can pretty much pencil us in to the field.
24-29 wins baby! Who else is all in besides @8893 and myself.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think CV will look much better with more structured ball movement and game plans. Both he and Jalen will benefit from not being stuck creating as the clock ticks down. I have no idea what that translates to in wins though.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think CV will look much better with more structured ball movement and game plans. Both he and Jalen will benefit from not being stuck creating as the clock ticks down. I have no idea what that translates to in wins though.
One of the things he can do well is dribble penetrate, and that skill is of the most importance in this offense. He needs to put on weight to be able to finish through contact though.

Reaction Score
This can be nothing but good for this team. Kudos to Danny for this buy in which I assume would be ALL IN. I mean he has to know he won't be getting the 35-38 minutes a game he was last year and the open slate to fire when ready. Fishy put it best, that type of time and allowance brought out the weaknesses. A structured system for the 5 guards will allow him to make smarter decisions while not forcing things. Of course it all depends on a healthy Alterique or things can change a bit. Nonetheless it can never hurt to have a kid with the heart and drive he has to be the very best he can be, and with some disciplined coaching he will only get better for himself and the team.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Every single one of our players is singing that tune. If they fully invest in what Hurley is teaching them and Alterique is healthy and back to being Alterique you can pretty much pencil us in to the field.
@JMick says this is an intellectually dishonest expectation.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
As others have noted, Vital's limitations were an awkward shot with which he could at times get hot, an inability to find the open guy on the break and too many minutes to demonstrate the limitations. He'll have a short leash chucking the ball, fewer minutes, and even fewer minutes if he doesn't find the open guy occasionally rather than trying to be Lebron on the break.

But I like his intensity on defense, and with a little coaching could be the guy who is a defensive stopper for us on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
@JMick says this is an intellectually dishonest expectation.
Only when coupled by the idea that if we don't meet that expectation in year 1 then we shouldn't have hired a new coach.

Id be ecstatic if we made the tournament. I still think 20 wins and the NIT would be a good season

Reaction Score

It's easy to sing that tune in the offseason. I'll be more encouraged if they're still singing it in November.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Only when coupled by the idea that if we don't meet that expectation in year 1 then we shouldn't have hired a new coach.
Which I haven't done.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's easy to sing that tune in the offseason. I'll be more encouraged if they're still singing it in November.

I don't even care about what they're singing in November.

This is still the worst roster I've ever seen at UConn and none of these kids, save the transfers, has received anything near competent coaching.

An awful lot would have to go right for this team to make it to the NCAAs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is still the worst roster I've ever seen at UConn
IF--and I understand it's a big IF--Gilbert is and remains healthy, do you think it's a worse roster than last season?

Personally, I was never sold on Larrier and believe we will be upgraded at that position. Jalen will be Jalen and, if Gilbert is healthy, that's a back court upgrade, too.

Front court remains a mystery but I wouldn't expect it to be any worse than last season; my hope is that a new coach and a renewed focus on toughness will help it improve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom