CV announces he will return for senior season | Page 6 | The Boneyard

CV announces he will return for senior season

pj

Reaction Score
True, but he didn't take nearly as many shots. So hence my point, he would disappear in games. If he was as involved in the game as much this year as last he would have scored 18-19 points/game.

He took 1.3 fewer shots per game and scored 0.7 fewer points per game. Since the team as a whole averaged 1.24 points per shot, letting his teammates shoot the other 1.3 shots gained 1.6 points for the team, for a net gain of 1.6-0.7 = 0.9 points per game for the team.

There's no reason to think Christian playing like sophomore Christian would have helped the team. Stats suggest otherwise.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
100% Agree. Vital is a good player and a great leader for the team but this is a pretty narcissistic move: if he were a borderline draft pick it would be one thing, but he was worse this year than his sophomore year.

In today's environment, where everyone touts everything online, I'd actually argue this particular statement was the opposite of typical social media narcissism.
  • He mentions the fact that his perceptive has been altered in the past year; the unspoken piece is a big part of that is due to the new staff. That's genuine humility right there.
  • He mentions graduating and doing senior night in honor of his mom. I'd imagine he's not lying.
  • He posts a pic of him graduating high school with his family looking pretty damn happy. Could have posted a yelling, jersey popping, I-am-the-man edit He didn't. I thought that was a great shot.
The only potentially narcissistic delusion in there was the 5th championship thing. And I love him for that one.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
In today's environment, where everyone touts everything online, I'd actually argue this particular statement was the opposite of typical social media narcissism.
  • He mentions the fact that his perceptive has been altered in the past year; the unspoken part is a big part of that is due to the new staff. That's genuine humility.
  • He mentions graduating and doing senior night in honor of his mom. I'd imagine he's not lying there.
  • He posts a pic of him graduating high school with his family looking pretty damn happy. Could have posted a yelling, jersey popping, I-am-the-man edit He didn't. I thought that was a great shot.
The only possible narcissistic delusion there was the 5th championship thing. And I love him for that one.
reality

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He took 1.3 fewer shots per game and scored 0.7 fewer points per game. Since the team as a whole averaged 1.24 points per shot, letting his teammates shoot the other 1.3 shots gained 1.6 points for the team, for a net gain of 1.6-0.7 = 0.9 points per game for the team.

There's no reason to think Christian playing like sophomore Christian would have helped the team. Stats suggest otherwise.

Even going with the old eye test, he didn't huck it up nearly as much. Still a bit of a chucker this year, but Hurley reigned him in. I'm hoping for more next year.

Reaction Score

Bouknight dunking on Cue the Music's twitter feed. Athletic and smooth. Also a picture on Gaffney's twitter feed of him jumping and his head is about rim height, pretty cool. If you click on Bouknight's picture in this tweet it will put you there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
100% Agree. Vital is a good player and a great leader for the team but this is a pretty narcissistic move: if he were a borderline draft pick it would be one thing, but he was worse this year than his sophomore year.
Huh? He was a lot better player this year especially with his decision making and it shows in his shooting percentage. He did turn it over a little too much but if he works on his handle that will improve greatly. He had a pretty bad sophomore year but he did have to play point some which is not his forte.

Reaction Score
I don’t want to hijack an otherwise positive thread, So I’ll leave it at this - who is the last player to announce their return for a senior season in a non coaching change scenario that had no chance whatsoever to sniff a draft board?

Heaping praise on this sends a signal that every above average player should view their college careers as a single season contracts and teams should be lucky that players stay from year to year. I’m not a hater on here by a mile, but this really rubs me the wrong way.

You were saying?

Reaction Score
This is about as dumb as saying JA Happ was better than Jacob Degrom last year because he had more wins.

I’m not comparing him to other players but if I did I’m sure there is a big list of guys who score and rebound for losing teams.

Reaction Score
And now looking at the stats he was better his sophomore year statistically in the majority of areas including turnovers, points, ft%.
Alternative stats

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Here’s what you don’t understand, basically, because you’re little stupid and a lot out of touch.

Vital didn’t post that message for you or anyone else here. He doesn’t care about you or really even know that you exist.

He’s posting it for his friends. These kids diary their lives on Instagram.

The fact that some old creepers are following them and parsing what they’re saying is really more of a you problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom