CV announces he will return for senior season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CV announces he will return for senior season

Reaction Score
When did it become a thing to celebrate a player returning who wouldn’t be drafted if the draft was 5 rounds. I like him fine and wish him great success but he wouldn’t be 5th team All UConn. If he bailed on graduation and his last year of eligibility then it would be monumentally stupid. I see this as him writing a letter saying he’s not going to make a really stupid decision, and it is wholly unnecessary. Is this just the new norm of dealing with millennials?
Someone forget their serotonin cocktail tonight?

Reaction Score
I'll take the new CV for one more year any day. Was worried he might actually try to play professionally somewhere after his last post game conference.

Reaction Score
Seeing Jalens genuine appreciation for Hurley at the post season presser & how he described his SR season, I felt bad the kid went 3 years without coaching (I understand part of this is on Jalen too) I’m glad to be able to see CV’s growth after another year.

Reaction Score
You’re an idiot. If that’s really you’re mentality, i’m shocked that you even use the internet, color tv, and a smartphone.

I don’t want to hijack an otherwise positive thread, So I’ll leave it at this - who is the last player to announce their return for a senior season in a non coaching change scenario that had no chance whatsoever to sniff a draft board?

Heaping praise on this sends a signal that every above average player should view their college careers as a single season contracts and teams should be lucky that players stay from year to year. I’m not a hater on here by a mile, but this really rubs me the wrong way.

Reaction Score
millennials.jpg
I don’t want to hijack an otherwise positive thread, So I’ll leave it at this - who is the last player to announce their return for a senior season in a non coaching change scenario that had no chance whatsoever to sniff a draft board?

Heaping praise on this sends a signal that every above average player should view their college careers as a single season contracts and teams should be lucky that players stay from year to year. I’m not a hater on here by a mile, but this really rubs me the wrong way.

Reaction Score

We had 1 last yr do it in Jalen

Reaction Score

Well scholarships are a year to year commitment and players can leave at any point, so yes I am happy one of our best players chose to come back

Reaction Score

So you would have rather seen our 2nd best returning player leave early so that we could replace him with a Juco that wouldn’t produce half the stat line that CV does? What point are you trying to make exactly? We should only be excited if our returning player is an NBA draft pick? You realize UVA just won the national championship and they have a total of 2 players that might play in the NBA. Winning titles and having NBA draft picks on your roster are not one in the same.

Reaction Score
So you would have rather seen our 2nd best returning player leave early so that we could replace him with a Juco that wouldn’t produce half the stat line that CV does? What point are you trying to make exactly? We should only be excited if our returning player is an NBA draft pick? You realize UVA just won the national championship and they have a total of 2 players that might play in the NBA. Winning titles and having NBA draft picks on your roster are not one in the same.
Not at all. I want him back, I expected him to be back. I think he’s got a really crucial role on a good team, and he is a liability on a bad team when he tries to do too much. If our guard play is solid and he can shoot 3s and spend his energy on defense and rebounds it will be the perfect piece for the team. Like Neils but a little smaller and with a better prey drive.

A letter announcing his return for his senior season is unnecessary. I assume when you come that you stay for your eligibility or you go pro early. You go pro when you’re a lottery pick or you got great exposure in NCAA tourney and think it is your best shot (like Deandre).

The only other announcement that needs to be made is when you’re transferring.

Reaction Score
A letter announcing his return for his senior season is unnecessary. I assume when you come that you stay for your eligibility or you go pro early. You go pro when you’re a lottery pick or you got great exposure in NCAA tourney and think it is your best shot (like Deandre).

It's almost like 19-20 year olds think differently than a curmudgeon like you. Wild.

Ever think that maybe he was getting frequent questions about his status and wanted to put it to rest? That possible?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Great news for the team if we’re looking to be competitive next year. I suspect CV and AG will be the captains and starters at the 1 and 2. Bouknight is the most college ready freshman coming in so I think he’ll start as a 3rd guard/wing. I see a battle between Polley and Akok at the 4 and Carlton starting at the 5.

Reaction Score
Not at all. I want him back, I expected him to be back. I think he’s got a really crucial role on a good team, and he is a liability on a bad team when he tries to do too much. If our guard play is solid and he can shoot 3s and spend his energy on defense and rebounds it will be the perfect piece for the team. Like Neils but a little smaller and with a better prey drive.

Well he declared last year and went through the pre-draft process last year without an NBA combine invite before announcing his return. So it's not like him going through that process again was out of the question. On top of that, guys that cover the team were questioning whether or not he was returning through Twitter and the media. I think everyone was expecting him to return, but you never know. There were questions and this was Vital's way of addressing those questions.

Reaction Score

Welcome to college basketball in 2019

Reaction Score
Well he declared last year and went through the pre-draft process last year without an NBA combine invite before announcing his return. So it's not like him going through that process again was out of the question. On top of that, guys that cover the team were questioning whether or not he was returning through Twitter and the media. I think everyone was expecting him to return, but you never know. There were questions and this was Vital's way of addressing those questions.
This is a very good response. It makes sense and didn’t require a personal attack. Thanks tcf

My frustration lies in the culture of the championship teams vs. what I see now. Listening to the Kemba interview about coming here because nothing was promised cemented to me how much the culture has changed. The players needed the program more than the program needed the players and now it seems to be exactly the opposite. However we got here, we now need public commitments in a way that is unprecedented in the last 20-25 years.

I really hope this isnt the new normal.

Reaction Score
This is a very good response. It makes sense and didn’t require a personal attack. Thanks tcf

My frustration lies in the culture of the championship teams vs. what I see now. Listening to the Kemba interview about coming here because nothing was promised cemented to me how much the culture has changed. The players needed the program more than the program needed the players and now it seems to be exactly the opposite. However we got here, we now need public commitments in a way that is unprecedented in the last 20-25 years.

Right or wrong that's the future. Look at all the HS kids when they're being recruited. Every announcement has an edit whether it's top 10, 8, 5, 3, or commitment. Kids like attention and there's nothing wrong with it

Reaction Score
This whole thread is hilarious. Thanks Draper, Fishy, tcf et al.

From "The decision :)" to all the various responses. There is a reason this MB truly is one of the best. Thank you! Champs0904 you don't know what you are missing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I hope the new norm isn't overreacting to Instagram posts. Culture has progressed since Kemba was in high school, kids post everything to it, it's something you're going to have to get used too.

Reaction Score
Boom! We're going to need CV next year and I have to believe he thinks the development of Carlton late season and the potential of the roster next year has substantial upside. This is good news.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
JOP: "And now, with the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife."

New Mrs. Draper: "Oh honey. I am so happy....!!"

Donald Draper: "Well, this is my third marriage. Soooooo...I guess I'm kinda happy."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom