Current QB situation... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Current QB situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To make this situation even more bizarre, Edsall said yesterday his QB has been hurt all season.

“The guy that probably would have been our starter this year, has been out for the year,” Edsall said on Sunday, referring to Leon.
So let me get this straight, he's no longer blaming freshman mistakes during games, he's now blaming freshman injuries on the reason for crazy playcalling on first and goal situations like when after Mensah doesn't get in on 1st down have Jack Zergiotis run right and throw a pass across the field to the opposite corner in the end zone ?

Reaction Score
He's almost healthy, has been throwing in practice. Not quite ready for contact yet though.
I'm well aware. Think they take things slow with him and don't rush him back after surgery. Still impressive he got hurt early and still put up the numbers he did in that one game of extensive playing time.

Reaction Score
To make this situation even more bizarre, Edsall said yesterday his QB has been hurt all season.

“The guy that probably would have been our starter this year, has been out for the year,” Edsall said on Sunday, referring to Leon.
Got to admit, this threw me for a loop. Obviously, I have never seen Leon play, and I want to trust Randy, but this initially struck me as a quote meant more to provide an excuse than anything else.

I know Jack Zergiotis and MB are trying their best, but we HAVE TO better quarterback play than what we got this year. All work to get better in the next 9 months, and may the best man win.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

047C936F-D277-400E-818E-E48FA3A5F930.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can't Steven Krajewski take a medical redshirt this year? I guess as long he plays less than three more games, he still can redshirt, but if not, why bring him back all?

Reaction Score
Can't Steven Krajewski take a medical redshirt this year? I guess as long he plays less than three more games, he still can redshirt, but if not, why bring him back all?

He redshirted last year?

Reaction Score
Got to admit, this threw me for a loop. Obviously, I have never seen Leon play, and I want to trust Randy, but this initially struck me as a quote meant more to provide an excuse than anything else.

I know Jack Zergiotis and MB are trying their best, but we HAVE TO better quarterback play than what we got this year. All work to get better in the next 9 months, and may the best man win.
So after 10 games he comes up with this nugget? Why in the hell would any decent QB come here? He is literally saying that an unranked, no offer, PWO, never took a snap in college was the best QB? This just solidified how RE has absolutely no clue on how to evaluate QB’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see three QB’s transfer out after that comment.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski could have played in four games last year. Considering we were in blow out after blow out, there should have been plenty of time to play him. Instead Edsall kept him on the shelf and gave him a few minutes in our last game.

He could have played and been ready for this year. He could have come into 2019 with experience in different situations and understanding game speed. Instead, Edsall completely mismanaged the minutes that would have had an impact on this year. Such a waste.

And then Edsall has the gall to complain about our inexperience. He is the one making it worse.

Reaction Score
im curious to see what he can do. Starters or not starters he showed that he is accurate with the ball and he can move too. His track record from HS is he is a winner. He’s not going to be ranked and have other offers and be on top programs radars if he can’t play. I say we see what the kids got and hopefully he can solidify the position going into the off season That way we can build around him for the next few seasons instead of trying to start from scratch every year at the qb spot.

Are you asserting that major programs don’t whiff on talent evaluation?

I just want Steven Krajewski to be healthy- he needs to be evaluated playing meaningful snaps v. a first team defense. If he doesn’t make it back this year then he is another unknown going into 2020.

Reaction Score
I'm well aware. Think they take things slow with him and don't rush him back after surgery. Still impressive he got hurt early and still put up the numbers he did in that one game of extensive playing time.
Actually from the way I understand it, a broken collarbone or clavicle doesn't hurt much unless you raise your arms straight up over your head. That's why he didn't feel any severe pain until he was taking his shoulder pads off.

Reaction Score

That’s the problem with RANDY picking a quarterback........the best man doesn’t always win.

Reaction Score
Even if he gives us the best option for a win I wouldn't play Steven Krajewski the rest of the way. No way in heck is that clavicle ready for more hits this season. He may be able to turn this season into a medical redshirt down the road.. For his sake, don't do it coach... We're a bad football team and need more pieces. Football is risky, yes, but when you're hurt like that, and you're not very good, with a few games left, why do it? Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Even if he gives us the best option for a win I wouldn't play Steven Krajewski the rest of the way. No way in heck is that clavicle ready for more hits this season. He may be able to turn this season into a medical redshirt down the road.. For his sake, don't do it coach... We're a bad football team and need more pieces. Football is risky, yes, but when you're hurt like that, and you're not very good, with a few games left, why do it? Makes no sense.
I would agree.

Reaction Score

My God this is embarrassing. I'm not sure if Randy is the greatest troll in the history of coaching press conferences or if he is completely unhinged at this point. Either way how can your AD read this and reaffirm that this guy has the program pointed in the right direction? The guy is headed to 3 wins over the last two seasons. Some people say it could get worse if they cut bait with Randy after the season. My response to that is really? Worse than this dumpster inferno? FFS make it stop. Give these kids a reason to be excited about playing again.

Reaction Score
My God this is embarrassing. I'm not sure if Randy is the greatest troll in the history of coaching press conferences or if he is completely unhinged at this point. Either way how can your AD read this and reaffirm that this guy has the program pointed in the right direction? The guy is headed to 3 wins over the last two seasons. Some people say it could get worse if they cut bait with Randy after the season. My response to that is really? Worse than this dumpster inferno? FFS make it stop. Give these kids a reason to be excited about playing again.
I think the people saying things would get worse if Edsall is fired, actually want to see the football program disappear, and they know that with Edsall at the helm indefinitely, it eventually will.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If Steve is healthy I want to see him play. There is no guarantee that he would receive another year of eligibility due to injury.

Two weeks left to play after this bye week. Time to see who can help going forward and who can't. Remember the portal will end up being part of the off season and how UConn uses it and loses players in the process.

Reaction Score
If Steve is healthy I want to see him play. There is no guarantee that he would receive another year of eligibility due to injury.

Two weeks left to play after this bye week. Time to see who can help going forward and who can't. Remember the portal will end up being part of the off season and how UConn uses it and loses players in the process.
It looks like Steven Krajewski would meet all the criteria for a medical hardship waiver (redshirt).

Attachments

• 775F9135-EC4F-4154-8291-56106154238A.jpeg
    775F9135-EC4F-4154-8291-56106154238A.jpeg
    527.2 KB · Views: 31
Reaction Score
With a broken collarbone, he should be eligible for a waiver without question. Yeah, we gotta see what else he can do, but I stand by what I believe this season. 3 games left, he doesn't play... Give him a shot to prove himself come the Spring.. And let's have a real Spring practice schedule this time around (please).. and then a REAL Spring game...

Reaction Score
With a broken collarbone, he should be eligible for a waiver without question. Yeah, we gotta see what else he can do, but I stand by what I believe this season. 3 games left, he doesn't play... Give him a shot to prove himself come the Spring.. And let's have a real Spring practice schedule this time around (please).. and then a REAL Spring game...

if he can play he needs to play. We need to see if he can be a contributor next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom