Current QB situation... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Current QB situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He should have red shirted but hard to do when Steve K gets hurt and Beaudry shows he is not ready for this level.
Those center screens didn't work once and he was intercepted twice. He needed this year to learn, but had to play which hurts.
ALL our QBs need a year to learn. None were ready. Certain "IT" factors a QB has to have is the ability to start 'getting it'. Recognize coverages and adjust. Make adjustments on the go. Throw accurate balls in big spots. BE A LEADER. We need to grab a transfer from one of these big time schools to push the guys we have now. Can't convince me otherwise.... or else you'll still see way more bonehead plays (out of nowhere) from that position like we've grown used to, which is not a good thing.

Reaction Score
For me, leadership is all about who plays better. You can talk a good game and not make plays or go out there and make plays. Teammates quickly can determine who is “all hat and no cattle”. So I don’t care about intangibles. I hope Steven Krajewski can make it back this year because he can play.

Reaction Score
I don't get you guys when it comes to HCRE2.0 and making playing choices and why the QB position never quite gets top notch. He saw all 3 of the QB's we have played since at least summer and one for over a year. He picked the one to start who has the least arm talent. When this kid gets hurt he has to go WAY OUT OF HIS WAY to pick the 3rd string real freshman who played Canadian high school football over the supposed 2nd string QB who was a 3* red shirt freshman who had been with the program for over a year. Crowns the freshman kid as having "IT" and proceeds to make him the permanent starter, that is until the kid plays the next 2 games like a deer in headlights.
HCRE1.0 couldn't find Easley as a receiver until his 4th game of his senior year, even though he was the best blocking WR, was a big kid, fastest guy on the team; only reason he got some run the rest of his senior year was that one game where he caught a few balls and took one to the house. HCRE1.0 made it sound like Easley finally got IT, more like Easley's play embarrassed HCRE1.0 into playing him.
Thanks for the effort HCRE2.0, even though it isn't your dream job I'm sure you've done the best you can. NEXT!

Reaction Score
Jack Zergiotis has an arm. No one should have thought that a true frosh from Quebec who had never played 11 v 11 football until this year wouldn’t have days where he made horrific decisions and reads. He has the potential to be good.

Krajewski should be more game ready. But we haven’t seen enough of him to know that he is better than Jack Zergiotis now, much less has more upside. We will have to see this play out . But if Krajewski is ready to go I would not be surprised to see him get another shot.

Reaction Score
Krajewski is more talented. He throws a better ball, has better size, mechanics and legs. The only issue is who is best between the ears. That’s where we need to see more of Steven Krajewski. Will he get as reckless as Jack Zergiotis does? No idea. His arm, accuracy and mobility are better.

Reaction Score
I don't get you guys when it comes to HCRE2.0 and making playing choices and why the QB position never quite gets top notch. He saw all 3 of the QB's we have played since at least summer and one for over a year. He picked the one to start who has the least arm talent. When this kid gets hurt he has to go WAY OUT OF HIS WAY to pick the 3rd string real freshman who played Canadian high school football over the supposed 2nd string QB who was a 3* red shirt freshman who had been with the program for over a year. Crowns the freshman kid as having "IT" and proceeds to make him the permanent starter, that is until the kid plays the next 2 games like a deer in headlights.
HCRE1.0 couldn't find Easley as a receiver until his 4th game of his senior year, even though he was the best blocking WR, was a big kid, fastest guy on the team; only reason he got some run the rest of his senior year was that one game where he caught a few balls and took one to the house. HCRE1.0 made it sound like Easley finally got IT, more like Easley's play embarrassed HCRE1.0 into playing him.
Thanks for the effort HCRE2.0, even though it isn't your dream job I'm sure you've done the best you can. NEXT!
If I could have given you more than just one like. The administration has to get rid of this guy or this program is toast.

Reaction Score
Krajewski is more talented. He throws a better ball, has better size, mechanics and legs. The only issue is who is best between the ears. That’s where we need to see more of Steven Krajewski. Will he get as reckless as Jack Zergiotis does? No idea. His arm, accuracy and mobility are better.
Steven Krajewski is also much better at running the ball, unfortunately that's what got him sidelined. I think he's also the best we have behind the ears as well as seeing the whole field. If he was healthy and playing yesterday those blitzing corners would have been chasing air.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It isn’t about changing how guys play. It is about changing the dynamics of a game. When you get solid an play that takes pressure off the defense. If you get a lead you can run less risky defensive plays aimed st making stops not trying to turn the game around. You aren’t out there for 70 or 80 plays. Z looks to me like he has some ability but he is very “unpolished.” In an ideal world he sat this year. Based on limited sample I think Steve K wins the job next year. I wouldn’t object to landing a grad transfer or other transfer though. And it isn’t just G5 teams that do that. It has become the model for everyone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He should have red shirted but hard to do when Steve K gets hurt and Beaudry shows he is not ready for this level.
Those center screens didn't work once and he was intercepted twice. He needed this year to learn, but had to play which hurts.
It’s not going to be a popular opinion here, particularly today, but I like Z… a lot. He is young and has a long way to go, but he’s out there competing.

There are some positions in sports that are incredibly unforgiving. Quarterback is one of them. People may not see a missed assignment, missing a block or a bad read, but everybody sees a poorly thrown past. You can tell Z takes it hard, but he’s in there competing. He had some mechanical issues that hopefully can be fixed. If so I think he may end up being a very good quarterback for us.

Reaction Score
I agree that fixing his motion would help. However, Tim Tebow is one of the greatest athletes of our lifetime and neither UF or the NFL could fix his mechanics.

Reaction Score
When UC was on the 2, Anyone hear mora say “it’s a freagin debacle down there”

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski is the best option only in that the other 2 have proven that they aren't ready and/or good enough, while Steven Krajewski hasn't played enough to see. He looked horrendous when thrown into a tough spot in UCF, and then looked good in garbage time against 3rd stringers...neither of those are a fair way to judge. He should certainly get to play if he gets healthy this year but we also need to assume our QB for next year isn't on the roster now and try hard to find someone. Its easier said than done though.

Reaction Score
Jack Zergiotis looks like Kent Tekulve out there.
Awful game.
This one made me laugh. Good post.
He does need to work on his throwing motion. Guys at the line of scrimmage are too tall for the sidearm sling

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski is the best option only in that the other 2 have proven that they aren't ready and/or good enough, while Steven Krajewski hasn't played enough to see. He looked horrendous when thrown into a tough spot in UCF, and then looked good in garbage time against 3rd stringers...neither of those are a fair way to judge. He should certainly get to play if he gets healthy this year but we also need to assume our QB for next year isn't on the roster now and try hard to find someone. Its easier said than done though.

he went 6/10 for like 55 yard moves the chains multiple times and moved team into field goal range twice and rushed for about 45 against the first team. Check the film his opening pass was rough but then pulled it together.

Reaction Score
I didn’t go to this game. Friday nights are impossible for me.

But as I sat on my couch and watched us suck, all I could think was — has any team other than UMass made home field advantage more irrelevant?

No such thing as home field advantage if you’re playing in a stadium in front of 10 people. I know I know. They must win first in order to win the fan base back.

Reaction Score
I really wish after reading all this glowing talk of Steven Krajewski that I didnt turn off the UCF game at the half

Reaction Score
Kinda bummed that there were all these high profile QBs that transferred in the offseason and UConn didn't get whiff with any of them. Would've been nice to get someone who didn't win the starting job at their current school (Martell, WimBush). Instead had to settle for Beaudry, who apparently is worst than Zergiotis, who himself is tough to watch.

Reaction Score
Kinda bummed that there were all these high profile QBs that transferred in the offseason and UConn didn't get whiff with any of them. Would've been nice to get someone who didn't win the starting job at their current school (Martell, WimBush). Instead had to settle for Beaudry, who apparently is worst than Zergiotis, who himself is tough to watch.
Maybe they reached out to other QB’s, in the portal, and they declined the offer.

Reaction Score
Maybe they reached out to other QB’s, in the portal, and they declined the offer.

I definitely get the impression UCONN was very aggressive in trying to get a grad transfer/JUCO QB. I am sure Beaudry was not their first choice.

I have been extremely down on the program and the AD and rightfully so. But I think we have to be realists in recruiting. I chuckle when people don’t understand why we couldn’t get a four star local kid or Jalen Hurts.

Here is what we are working against:
- We are a school with no conference.
- We have been horrendous
- We run a 1950’s offense
- For those with marginal grades, we can’t offer

But. . .
- awesome facilities
- opportunity to change a program
- great academic institution and awesome campus

now what can we do to make it even more appealing?
- fire coach and get someone to run an offense that will appeal to recruits
- relax the grade requirement (say for about 25% of roster)

Reaction Score
Krajewski is the guy. Jack Zergiotis was thrown into the fire too quickly. Next Canadian (Senecal) kid coming in is very talented. I think we’re ok there. We need to tackle.

Another Canadian? Can we get a decent QB from a country that is known for football?

Reaction Score
Another Canadian? Can we get a decent QB from a country that is known for football?

Ridiculous post. Take talent from anywhere you can get it.

Jack Zergiotis is a true frosh with a lot of talent who should have been red-shirted, but there is plenty of reason to think he can be a good QB for UCONN. This fan base sometimes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom