Current QB situation... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Current QB situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Z looks shellshocked. Over threw open wrs in the 1st half. This kid is not ready or not good. Take your pick.
He's not good enough to be ready.

Reaction Score
Z looks shellshocked. Over threw open wrs in the 1st half. This kid is not ready or not good. Take your pick.
Definitely not ready. If you can't tell when he gets interviewed then you're missing it. I like him, but he's not ready. He even knows it.
As for Beaudry.... I like the young man a lot too, but, unfortunately, looks like we and he don't fit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even Cincy's 2nd string QB can sling it calmly in the pocket. POISE. He just got sacked the play before

Reaction Score
Does Beaudry have another year of eligibility? Hoping they can use his scholly on another QB. Kinda funny how some here hyped him up like he was some amazing gem. They loved his leadership with the ice cream thing. Then turned on him after seeing that he is not a FBS QB.

Reaction Score
Does Beaudry have another year of eligibility? Hoping they can use his scholly on another QB. Kinda funny how some here hyped him up like he was some amazing gem. They loved his leadership with the ice cream thing. Then turned on him after seeing that he is not a FBS QB.

The thing is that you never really know until you see them in a game.

Reaction Score
We have seen nothing that says Steven Krajewski is the answer but we have seen MB and Jack Zergiotis start and they definitely aren’t the answers. If Steven Krajewski is healthy let him play to see what is there.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree that Jack Zergiotis might not be the answer. He’s a 20 year old freshman with a really bad throwing motion. Might not have the ability no matter how much work he puts into it. Really would have liked to have seen how Steven Krajewski would have progressed. He was lucky that circumstances gave him a shot and unlucky that it came to a quick end.
Wish they could have brought in a mobile QB or move Skaines to QB. Unless your pocket passer is really good, you can do much more with a runner. It doesn’t have to be pretty.

Reaction Score
The OL is inconsistent.. IMO, they should've been ready to blow Navy off the line of scrimmage on any and all short yardage plays.. Anything less than that they should've been a bit embarrassed. When we had 1st and goal at the 2 and we ran plays that didn't take advantage of the size advantage we had down there it, to me, was shameful. utilize your advantages. We got work to do in the trenches....
Yeah. You think it’s bad now?? Wait till next year when we have an almost all new offensive line ..

Reaction Score
Did Randy run off Marvin Washington? Anyone know what happened with that? hard to believe he could have been scared off by this group at the position. I agree with all posters that say beaudry is not an FBS QB. It was obvious during Wagner. Steven Krajewski should have started from day 1. Pretty amazing....

Reaction Score
Yeah. You think it’s bad now?? Wait till next year when we have an almost all new offensive line ..
only Peart will be gone. Hoping somebody will be ready to step in and perform at or near his level

Reaction Score
PSSSSSTTTT........RANDY......I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GET A QB......

But first (apologies to Teddy KGB) you might have to PAY ZE MAN HIS MONEY.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree that Jack Zergiotis might not be the answer. He’s a 20 year old freshman with a really bad throwing motion. Might not have the ability no matter how much work he puts into it. Really would have liked to have seen how Steven Krajewski would have progressed. He was lucky that circumstances gave him a shot and unlucky that it came to a quick end.
Wish they could have brought in a mobile QB or move Skaines to QB. Unless your pocket passer is really good, you can do much more with a runner. It doesn’t have to be pretty.
It aint even about throwing motion IMO. It has more to with whether he can handle what's coming at him. Can he lead our football team. Does he show poise. I don't see it. Steven Krajewski was the only one that came close to showing an inkling of that

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have seen nothing that says Steven Krajewski is the answer but we have seen MB and Jack Zergiotis start and they definitely aren’t the answers. If Steven Krajewski is healthy let him play to see what is there.
What the hell do you mean "we have seen nothing that says Steven Krajewski is the answer", are you blind? Did you not see the UCF game? Edsall finally was fed up with "it" from Jack Zergiotis and took him out, reluctantly put in Steven Krajewski and we finally saw a UConn QB who finally had "it" and could move the chains. We saw a kid come in and make 22 of 33 passes, make three for TD's, and made 8 carries for 26 yards with 2 of them for 1st downs when no one was open, broken collarbone and all. I haven't seen a performance like that since Bryant or Cochran. In a moment of sheer brilliance, Edsall after the game named Steven Krajewski Uconn's new starting QB. Lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What the hell do you mean "we have seen nothing that says Steven Krajewski is the answer", are you blind? Did you not see the UCF game? Edsall finally was fed up with "it" from Jack Zergiotis and took him out, reluctantly put in Steven Krajewski and we finally saw a UConn QB who finally had "it" and could move the chains. We saw a kid come in and make 22 of 33 passes, make three for TD's, and made 8 carries for 26 yards with 2 of them for 1st downs when no one was open, broken collarbone and all. I haven't seen a performance like that since Bryant or Cochran. In a moment of sheer brilliance, Edsall after the game named Steven Krajewski Uconn's new starting QB. Lol

I’m of the belief that Steven Krajewski should have been the starter from day 1, but maybe pump the brakes a little? UCF was up by 56 points. He was playing against third stringers. UCF just lost to Tulsa.

Reaction Score
Seriously? At least we know Steven Krajewski can hit an open receiver, he can run a little, command a huddle and will stay in the pocket. He should’ve been named starting QB from day one of camp.
Did Randy run off Marvin Washington? Anyone know what happened with that? hard to believe he could have been scared off by this group at the position. I agree with all posters that say beaudry is not an FBS QB. It was obvious during Wagner. Steven Krajewski should have started from day 1. Pretty amazing....
Washington was his own worse enemy. He was given numerous opportunities and resources, to get his grades in order, and did not take advantage of the situation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m of the belief that Steven Krajewski should have been the starter from day 1, but maybe pump the brakes a little? UCF was up by 56 points. He was playing against third stringers. UCF just lost to Tulsa.
......and you know he was definitely playing against UCF's ENTIRE 3rd team, HOW? Even if by some miracle you were right about the 3rd stringers, the recruiting area of central Florida is such that the difference between UCF'S first team and third team is small compared to Uconn's 1st and 3rd teams. Further more did UCF put in all these 3rd stringers you are claiming the very minute Edsall took out Jack Zergiotis and brought in Krajewski? Seems to me when I watched that game Jack Zergiotis's performance was pretty bad the entire time he was on the field.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01