Current QB situation... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Current QB situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I definitely get the impression UCONN was very aggressive in trying to get a grad transfer/JUCO QB. I am sure Beaudry was not their first choice.

I have been extremely down on the program and the AD and rightfully so. But I think we have to be realists in recruiting. I chuckle when people don’t understand why we couldn’t get a four star local kid or Jalen Hurts.

Here is what we are working against:
- We are a school with no conference.
- We have been horrendous
- We run a 1950’s offense
- For those with marginal grades, we can’t offer

But. . .
- awesome facilities
- opportunity to change a program
- great academic institution and awesome campus

now what can we do to make it even more appealing?
- fire coach and get someone to run an offense that will appeal to recruits
- relax the grade requirement (say for about 25% of roster)

For how many years have I been saying these very things? But . . . not gonna happen with Randy at the helm. And that's ANOTHER great UConn head coach.

Reaction Score
What the hell do you mean "we have seen nothing that says Steven Krajewski is the answer", are you blind? Did you not see the UCF game? Edsall finally was fed up with "it" from Jack Zergiotis and took him out, reluctantly put in Steven Krajewski and we finally saw a UConn QB who finally had "it" and could move the chains. We saw a kid come in and make 22 of 33 passes, make three for TD's, and made 8 carries for 26 yards with 2 of them for 1st downs when no one was open, broken collarbone and all. I haven't seen a performance like that since Bryant or Cochran. In a moment of sheer brilliance, Edsall after the game named Steven Krajewski Uconn's new starting QB. Lol

Like I said, we haven’t seen anything that shows Steven Krajewski is the answer. But we need to see him play meaningful snaps in the case he is.

Edsall also said Jack Zergiotis has “it” and named him the starter after Illinois. This coach doesn’t exactly have any credibility when it comes to the QB position.

Reaction Score
......and you know he was definitely playing against UCF's ENTIRE 3rd team, HOW? Even if by some miracle you were right about the 3rd stringers, the recruiting area of central Florida is such that the difference between UCF'S first team and third team is small compared to Uconn's 1st and 3rd teams. Further more did UCF put in all these 3rd stringers you are claiming the very minute Edsall took out Jack Zergiotis and brought in Krajewski? Seems to me when I watched that game Jack Zergiotis's performance was pretty bad the entire time he was on the field.

Steven Krajewski relieved Jack Zergiotis in the 1st Quarter when it was only 14-0. He immediately threw a pick six. The score went up to 56-0 before he played better. Which coincidentally was when some of the UCF starters didn't return after halftime. That second half was like a spring game where the stats and results are pretty much meaningless. Hopefully Steven Krajewski gets another opportunity to prove that Edsell was wrong and that Steven Krajewski is better than the other two.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski relieved Jack Zergiotis in the 1st Quarter when it was only 14-0. He immediately threw a pick six. The score went up to 56-0 before he played better. Which coincidentally was when some of the UCF starters didn't return after halftime. That second half was like a spring game where the stats and results are pretty much meaningless. Hopefully Steven Krajewski gets another opportunity to prove that Edsell was wrong and that Steven Krajewski is better than the other two.

this is why I said Steven Krajewski hasn’t shown us he is the answer. You better believe I am hoping he is because if he isn’t it’s back to square one yet again next season. If he is healthy he has to play every single snap from here on out.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski hasn’t proven to be the answer but he has shown 4 things the others don’t have in any decent quantity.

1. He’s very tall
2. He can scramble
3. He has accuracy
4. He has a track record against good high school competition.

The sample is too small to say he’s the guy, but it’s plenty big enough to know he’s our guy or we don’t have a guy.

Reaction Score
......and you know he was definitely playing against UCF's ENTIRE 3rd team, HOW? Even if by some miracle you were right about the 3rd stringers, the recruiting area of central Florida is such that the difference between UCF'S first team and third team is small compared to Uconn's 1st and 3rd teams. Further more did UCF put in all these 3rd stringers you are claiming the very minute Edsall took out Jack Zergiotis and brought in Krajewski? Seems to me when I watched that game Jack Zergiotis's performance was pretty bad the entire time he was on the field.
It doesn’t matter if it was the entire third stringers, second string or even the cheerleaders, you still have to make reads and hit the OPEN receivers. Krajewski’s first three series were not good but then he settled down and did well against the starting line up. He made some good passes and had some decent runs that gave the team the chance to score two field goals. At the start of the second half he was getting progressively better even if some of their starters were removed. That shows me he has “it” because he did not regress during the game. I think he will improve with experience and that’s all you can ask of him. Hard to say if he will be able to play anymore this season but it wouldn’t hurt if he stayed four more years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter if it was the entire third stringers, second string or even the cheerleaders, you still have to make reads and hit the OPEN receivers. Krajewski’s first three series were not good but then he settled down and did well against the starting line up. He made some good passes and had some decent runs that gave the team the chance to score two field goals. At the start of the second half he was getting progressively better even if some of their starters were removed. That shows me he has “it” because he did not regress during the game. I think he will improve with experience and that’s all you can ask of him. Hard to say if he will be able to play anymore this season but it wouldn’t hurt if he stayed four more years.
Sure he needed to get acclimated being put in mid game against UCF, and having next to none FBS playing experience, but he settled down and was great. BTW.............he was 8 for 12 in the 2nd quarter, which is a heck of a lot better than Zergiotis was in the 1st quarter..........Beyond that....................you heard it here first, he is practicing and throwing now, however he isn't quite ready to start playing yet. I'm told he should be ready for some game snaps for the last couple of games, but ultimately that's up to the coach and team doctor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe you missed it but Krajewski was 8-12 in the 2nd quarter which was a heck of a lot better than Jack Zergiotis was in the first quarter.

Reaction Score
Maybe you missed it but Krajewski was 8-12 in the 2nd quarter which was a heck of a lot better than Jack Zergiotis was in the first quarter.
8 for 12 (67%) is not bad against the starting line up of a nationally ranked team Plus he was able to “move the chains” too.

Reaction Score

Things are bad, but you're setting the bar way too low for Steven Krajewski with that comparison. Steven Krajewski was dinking and dunking for like 50 yds passing and zero points. We have MB for that. I was more impressed with Steven Krajewski's running ability. And the UCF lead grew by another four TDs during that same quarter. He was non-factor to the UCF defense before they went on siesta in the second half.

Reaction Score
Things are bad, but you're setting the bar way too low for Steven Krajewski with that comparison. Steven Krajewski was dinking and dunking for like 50 yds passing and zero points. We have MB for that. I was more impressed with Steven Krajewski's running ability. And the UCF lead grew by another four TDs during that same quarter. He was non-factor to the UCF defense before they went on siesta in the second half.
For his first time ever with meaningful minutes against one of the top teams in the country, I thought he was great. How Edsall never saw the difference between him and Jack Zergiotis in weeks and weeks of practice is beyond me. The guy should of been fired yesterday.

Reaction Score
So giving the team a shot at 6 points is ineffective against their #1 defense?

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I would like to see Steve k get a chance and remember he redshirted already so why not play him of healthy

Reaction Score
I would like to see Steve k get a chance and remember he redshirted already so why not play him of healthy

I don’t think there is any doubt he plays if healthy.Jack Zergiotis shouldn’t see another minute even if Steven Krajewski can’t play. Start MB or a walk on if Steven Krajewski can’t go.

Reaction Score
The original target date was six to eight weeks. That would be Dec. 1st on the late end of the scale. If his shoulder isn’t 100% it would make more sense to take a medical red shirt and let his shoulder completely heal. That way we can keep him here another year.

Reaction Score
For his first time ever with meaningful minutes against one of the top teams in the country, I thought he was great. How Edsall never saw the difference between him and Jack Zergiotis in weeks and weeks of practice is beyond me. The guy should of been fired yesterday.

UCF is 7-3 and just lost to Tulsa. They are unranked and no where near one of the top teams in the country. Maybe you meant conference?

Reaction Score
So giving the team a shot at 6 points is ineffective against their #1 defense?

Are your expectations that low? Getting the team in a position to try 40 to 50 yd FGs is considered effective QB play while losing by 50 points?

Reaction Score
UCF is 7-3 and just lost to Tulsa. They are unranked and no where near one of the top teams in the country. Maybe you meant conference?
At the time they beat UConn I believe they were ranked #22 in the country which IMHO means 22nd best in the country? What they are ranked now has no bearing on that game. Nice try though. Lol

Reaction Score
At the time they beat UConn I believe they were ranked #22 in the country which IMHO means 22nd best in the country? What they are ranked now has no bearing on that game. Nice try though. Lol

Ok the point is you’re trying to make them seem like world beaters to help your point when really they are nothing special this year. They have 1 impressive win this season.

Reaction Score
Are your expectations that low? Getting the team in a position to try 40 to 50 yd FGs is considered effective QB play while losing by 50 points?
It’s not about expectations being low it’s about giving credit where credit is due. You want to rag on a player that try’s his best. I guess two 40 yard field goals are better than no field goals at all. I’m guessing you would want seven touchdowns since your expectations are so high.

Reaction Score
Ok the point is you’re trying to make them seem like world beaters to help your point when really they are nothing special this year. They have 1 impressive win this season.
They still have one of the best offenses in the country this year, and at the time they played us their defense was pretty damn good. Since they played us, they have lost DE Randy Charlton, and cornerback Neville Clark. The injury bug has hit the UCF defense hard since they played us, so stick that in your pompus craw.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s not about expectations being low it’s about giving credit where credit is due. You want to rag on a player that try’s his best. I guess two 40 yard field goals are better than no field goals at all. I’m guessing you would want seven touchdowns since your expectations are so high.

The only "ragging on him" has been saying he hasn't proven he's the guy. Which is true. Everyone has agreed if he's healthy he should get a chance.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski hasn’t proven to be the answer but he has shown 4 things the others don’t have in any decent quantity.

1. He’s very tall
2. He can scramble
3. He has accuracy
4. He has a track record against good high school competition.

The sample is too small to say he’s the guy, but it’s plenty big enough to know he’s our guy or we don’t have a guy.
I hope he starts against ECU. Guessing he does not practice well like CC. Being a gamer is more important than practice and I hope he is.

Reaction Score
I hope he starts against ECU. Guessing he does not practice well like CC. Being a gamer is more important than practice and I hope he is.

im curious to see what he can do. Starters or not starters he showed that he is accurate with the ball and he can move too. His track record from HS is he is a winner. He’s not going to be ranked and have other offers and be on top programs radars if he can’t play. I say we see what the kids got and hopefully he can solidify the position going into the off season That way we can build around him for the next few seasons instead of trying to start from scratch every year at the qb spot.

Reaction Score
Wish Krajewski was healthy so we could see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom