Current QB situation... | The Boneyard

Current QB situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not gonna cut it.
I like the players on our team at QB, BUT we need a better leader at that spot for RIGHT NOW. Can't afford this kind of inconsistency at the position. We MUST recruit a P5 QB that's in the transfer portal. We're no different than other G5 program trying to get on track. Ask Tulane. And, sorry, that kid from NC State doesn't count IMO. He was a PWO there.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think Steven Krajewski is much better too, with the limited time we've seen him. I also think the QB position getting fixed would change this team immensely. Too many turnovers. Too many missed plays that are there. Hopefully Steven Krajewski takes the helm soon...

Reaction Score
Jack Zergiotis looks like Kent Tekulve out there.
Awful game.
Lol. Sad but true. Mora said as much during the broadcast, and he is one man who knows the game.

Reaction Score
Not gonna cut it.
I like the players on our team at QB, BUT we need a better leader at that spot for RIGHT NOW. Can't afford this kind of inconsistency at the position. We MUST recruit a P5 QB that's in the transfer portal. We're no different than other G5 program trying to get on track. Ask Tulane. And, sorry, that kid from NC State doesn't count IMO. He was a PWO there.
We have a good QB who can be a leader but he's hurt. Duh

Reaction Score
I think Steven Krajewski is much better too, with the limited time we've seen him. I also think the QB position getting fixed would change this team immensely. Too many turnovers. Too many missed plays that are there. Hopefully Steven Krajewski takes the helm soon...

competent qb play doesn’t change the defense.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Z has good arm strength, but my goodness, the ball comes out around his waist! If he can't fix that, he'll never hit the long throws and he'll chuck 3 INTs per game...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
competent qb play doesn’t change the defense.

Sure it does.

Have you ever played a sport? If you have, then you know what effect it has on you when you are in the lead versus when you are down by multiple scores. Believing that your teammates can help you win means everything...

Reaction Score
Sure it does.

Have you ever played a sport? If you have, then you know what effect it has on you when you are in the lead versus when you are down by multiple scores. Believing that your teammates can help you win means everything...

I disagree with that statement. I played and coached at high school level, not that that matters at all. I believed my teammates/players were going to give 100% regardless of skill level, didn’t make me change the way I played. Everyone has a role and should be hyper focused on that role.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I disagree with that statement. I played and coached at high school level, not that that matters at all. I believed my teammates/players were going to give 100% regardless of skill level, didn’t make me change the way I played. Everyone has a role and should be hyper focused on that role.

Yeah, that's bull.

Everyone changes the way they play based on the psychology of the moment. Even Vegas knows that. That's why home field matters. And I'm guessing you know that too but you just want a moment to vent. I get it...

Reaction Score
Yeah, that's bull.

Everyone changes the way they play based on the psychology of the moment. Even Vegas knows that. That's why home field matters. And I'm guessing you know that too but you just want a moment to vent. I get it...

no vent - I am numb to the situation this program is in. It’s not going to get better either.

Truly how I feel. I wholeheartedly disagree that everyone changes the way they play. I definitely think that it’s possible some do but it is not anyone I would want to play beside. You play hard because you have pride and you care about the people lining up next to you. I expect that from Jack Zergiotis all the way down to the least talented player on the bench.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
That's why home field matters.

I didn’t go to this game. Friday nights are impossible for me.

But as I sat on my couch and watched us suck, all I could think was — has any team other than UMass made home field advantage more irrelevant?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I didn’t go to this game. Friday nights are impossible for me.

But as I sat on my couch and watched us suck, all I could think was — has any team other than UMass made home field advantage more irrelevant?

Well that's my point.

Some guys here are expecting a 2-6 team playing in 50F weather in front of 3 fans to make every tackle when down multiple scores late in the 3rd and they say, "It doesn't matter."

Of course it matters! What a ridiculous take. Bottom line: don't turn the ball over 3 times in the first half and we were actually in business. But we did. So we weren't...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He should have red shirted but hard to do when Steve K gets hurt and Beaudry shows he is not ready for this level.
Those center screens didn't work once and he was intercepted twice. He needed this year to learn, but had to play which hurts.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
My problem with this situation is that even though Randy was a QB....and he sees these guys in practice, he has no idea who should be the starter. Steven Krajewski was his last choice...and he looked best.

Hard to trust Randy on this decision now.

Reaction Score
My problem with this situation is that even though Randy was a QB....and he sees these guys in practice, he has no idea who should be the starter. Steven Krajewski was his last choice...and he looked best.

Hard to trust Randy on this decision now.

and most of the write ups during camp about him were positive except for one rough day I recall. Even randy was Praising him. Look where he comes from and his football background. I feel he has what it takes to lead this team.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
If Kraj doesn’t transfer he’s far and away our best QB. Anything positive from Jack Zergiotis is pure accident.
I can't see why he'd transfer after seeing how horrific the play has been at that position. There's nothing really standing in his way other than RE. If that's the reason he leaves, RE should go with him.

We need good QB play and I'm all for taking lumps with a frosh QB. However, I couldn't take watching Jack Zergiotis. It's beyond brutal

Reaction Score
If Steve K is healthy enough to go he should get to see the field in meaningful minutes the last 2 games. If it is safe to play him and he stays on the bench Edsall is missing a chance to figure out how he is going to solve his biggest problem. Not having a top level QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom