Current QB situation... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Current QB situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Jack Zergiotis looks like Kent Tekulve out there.
Awful game.
65% of the people here won't even know who K Tekulve is!!!!!!!
Dating ourselves - loved that submarine delivery!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The best ability is availability gotta be healthy to prove that your better, Jack Zergiotis is the best we got right now unfortunately.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to take any of this seriously, which is incredible considering how serious the issue is.

To recap, many of the same posters here liked Beaudry when he signed and then dawned over his leadership when he bought the OL a scoop of ice cream. After Wagner, you were done

then we had Jack Zergiotis posts when the true frost cane in and played decent against Illinois. After the next game you were done.

then came SZ who put up a few scores against UCF walk-ons and he was anointed heir.

my guess is if Leon was healthy and come in to lead a drive at end of navy game, posters would be fawning over him.

we need one of these guys to grow in to the position on the fly. But it ain’t going to happen over night. What we can’t have is a merry go round. I’d like to see Steven Krajewski play again this year, but is it realistic?

Until then we are going to watch the Canuck mature, or not. It’d be nice to have the guy. Right now all we have are Questions at thee most important position. But this is not going to happen over night. Pindell looked lost when he first got here. Fortunately we had Shireffs to come in and calm things. There is no quick fix for 19. The real Q is who can learn in 19 and lead in 20?

Reaction Score
We would have at least 4 wins now, if we had Pindell.

pindell 17 or pindell 18. Probably not the guy who was leading us to a loss in a 1AA game before being benched.

Reaction Score
My point is that pindell was a good qb and we had a horrendous defense. We are overrating correlation between good QB and it’s effect in d. If the d stinks it stinks.

Reaction Score
How far back do you want to go? Geez what a stupid post. How about 2010 when he was 14?

rule 1-when no facts, attack poster

I’ll type slower for you. Pindell in year 1 struggled as much as the new pups. Understand? Comparing him in his first year to 3 first year qbs seemed rationale. It was 2 years ago. Try to keep up.

Reaction Score
rule 1-when no facts, attack poster

I’ll type slower for you. Pindell in year 1 struggled as much as the new pups. Understand? Comparing him in his first year to 3 first year qbs seemed rationale. It was 2 years ago. Try to keep up.
If Pindell with his speed had one more year to play for us, we would have at least 4 wins now, maybe more. He'd be that much better. Even his improvement from just 2017 to 2018 was pretty remarkable. Going back almost 2 and a half years ago in his development to make your point is asinine.

Reaction Score
If Pindell with his speed had one more year to play for us, we would have at least 4 wins now, maybe more. He'd be that much better. Even his improvement from just 2017 to 2018 was pretty remarkable. Going back almost 2 and a half years ago in his development to make your point is asinine.

I thought at first you were kidding, but you’re serious. We can’t reflect on how much he struggled during Most of his tenure here and certainly not on his play from Just 2 yrs ago but we can talk about how great he’d be if he played beyond his eligibility? And that’s not asinine? Ok.

Reaction Score
David Pindell 2018........

Started all 12 games at quarterback… First Team All-New England… Recorded the most rushing yards by a QB in UConn single-season history with 1139 yards… Finished career third in UConn single season history for net yards of total offense with 3117 yards in 2018… Registered a 100-yard rushing game on six occasions this season. He is the first UConn quarterback in the FBS era to notch multiple 100-yard rushing games in the same season… Threw for 1962 yards on 186 completions and 19 passing touchdowns… Added 1139 rushing yards on 212 carries and 10 rushing touchdowns…

No telling what he could have done this year with the improved offensive line.

Reaction Score

Your point is equally as asinine. Players graduate. What’s the point of assuming what a record would be if a player that used up his eligibility was able to return.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
David Pindell 2018........

Started all 12 games at quarterback… First Team All-New England… Recorded the most rushing yards by a QB in UConn single-season history with 1139 yards… Finished career third in UConn single season history for net yards of total offense with 3117 yards in 2018… Registered a 100-yard rushing game on six occasions this season. He is the first UConn quarterback in the FBS era to notch multiple 100-yard rushing games in the same season… Threw for 1962 yards on 186 completions and 19 passing touchdowns… Added 1139 rushing yards on 212 carries and 10 rushing touchdowns…

No telling what he could have done this year with the improved offensive line.
The O line has not improved. It has regressed.

Reaction Score
Your point is equally as asinine. Players graduate. What’s the point of assuming what a record would be if a player that used up his eligibility was able to return.
My point was his talent and experience when he finished last year, not 3 years ago. Thanks for your 2 cents.

Reaction Score
My point was his talent and experience when he finished last year, not 3 years ago. Thanks for your 2 cents.

Yeah I like Pindell. However, wouldn’t the opponents UConn and Pindell would be playing also have guys who had used up their eligibility that also would have shown improvement? And you’re welcome.

Reaction Score
The O line has not improved. It has regressed.
The OL is inconsistent.. IMO, they should've been ready to blow Navy off the line of scrimmage on any and all short yardage plays.. Anything less than that they should've been a bit embarrassed. When we had 1st and goal at the 2 and we ran plays that didn't take advantage of the size advantage we had down there it, to me, was shameful. utilize your advantages. We got work to do in the trenches....

Reaction Score
Like I said at the beginning if this thread we needed a more established leader at QB.
Without the work being put in during the offseason between QBs and WRs it shows for us.
Season was kinda doomed for us before it started.
I say we run the ball more the rest of the way. Get RBs some shine and that OL tougher (firing off the ball). We can run the football. Let's just do it a little more

Reaction Score
Like I said at the beginning if this thread we needed a more established leader at QB.
Without the work being put in during the offseason between QBs and WRs it shows for us.
Season was kinda doomed for us before it started.
I say we run the ball more the rest of the way. Get RBs some shine and that OL tougher (firing off the ball). We can run the football. Let's just do it a little more
The announcers just said during the game that Krajewski is practicing and throwing, but not quite ready yet.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to take any of this seriously, which is incredible considering how serious the issue is.

To recap, many of the same posters here liked Beaudry when he signed and then dawned over his leadership when he bought the OL a scoop of ice cream. After Wagner, you were done

then we had Jack Zergiotis posts when the true frost cane in and played decent against Illinois. After the next game you were done.

then came SZ who put up a few scores against UCF walk-ons and he was anointed heir.

my guess is if Leon was healthy and come in to lead a drive at end of navy game, posters would be fawning over him.

we need one of these guys to grow in to the position on the fly. But it ain’t going to happen over night. What we can’t have is a merry go round. I’d like to see Steven Krajewski play again this year, but is it realistic?

Until then we are going to watch the Canuck mature, or not. It’d be nice to have the guy. Right now all we have are Questions at thee most important position. But this is not going to happen over night. Pindell looked lost when he first got here. Fortunately we had Shireffs to come in and calm things. There is no quick fix for 19. The real Q is who can learn in 19 and lead in 20?

If Steven Krajewski is the real deal then the posters were right. And even if he isn't at least we found out that B and Z weren't up to the task.

Produce or get replaced, that's exactly how it should work. What's your point? Whitmer goes three games and we don't score an offensive TD and Diaco never took him out. That's stupid.

Reaction Score
If Steven Krajewski is the real deal then the posters were right. And even if he isn't at least we found out that B and Z weren't up to the task.

Produce or get replaced, that's exactly how it should work. What's your point? Whitmer goes three games and we don't score an offensive TD and Diaco never took him out. That's stupid.

I like how my guy up there says against the walk ons. After his first two drives he put together successfully series not to mention ucf backups are more talented than half the teams we play starters

Reaction Score
I like how my guy up there says against the walk ons. After his first two drives he put together successfully series not to mention ucf backups are more talented than half the teams we play starters
I quoted the wrong guy.

Reaction Score
Z looks shellshocked. Over threw open wrs in the 1st half. This kid is not ready or not good. Take your pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom