CRYSTAL!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

CRYSTAL!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
But you can't blame Seattle for not taking her they have Sue and Jordan, and had no room for someone this year. The same thing as Ezi last year, and she is going to be something in a few years. Stewie has a chance to rewrite history with the young talent in Seattle.
Sue might hang on forever to play with all the young talent.

That she will. As long as she wants to play, she will if she can stay healthy. She's like having another coach on the team. Once she does play her last game, she can go to the sports analyst route, or become at the college or pro level and stay around the game. What college head coach wold not want Sue Bird on their staff?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
But you can't blame Seattle for not taking her they have Sue and Jordan, and had no room for someone this year. The same thing as Ezi last year, and she is going to be something in a few years. Stewie has a chance to rewrite history with the young talent in Seattle.
Sue might hang on forever to play with all the young talent.
I’m not blaming anyone. I’m just pointing out that 5 teams selected guards ahead of Crystal....Just sayin...... :cool:

Crystal might end up being the Tom Brady of WBB.....,

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yes!!! in many ways. She WAS NOT the same player she was when she left as when she first arrived. But you knew that. ;) She was a sly old vet when she left, ready for the pros. She was a young kid fresh out of HS with her eyes wide open, not really knowing what to expect.

I remember her saying in an interview about 2-3 weeks after official practice started that nothing she did in HS or AAU prepared her for what she was experiencing in practice. That was not the case 4 years later when she got to Minnesota. She was ready for whatever came. She made the cut, and has been starting the last 2 weeks, and making a difference her coach and teammates can see and appreciate. Her numbers and her play speak for themselves. :)
Thankfully she got the opportunity to play and took advantage of it. Look at the talent that would be sitting on the bench if Sims had been available at the beginning of the season. The same could be said of other players on other teams who are not getting the opportunity to play much because of veterans ahead of them.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I’m not blaming anyone. I’m just pointing out that 5 teams selected guards ahead of Crystal....Just sayin...... :cool:

Crystal might end up being the Tom Brady of WBB.....,
Or Curt Warner. I had to give my guy some props. ;) I hope she continues to play well. It is obvious that Sims has a ways to go to get in shape.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Crystal would not be in the discussion if she was stuck playing with Arike in Dallas. Cheryl Reeve is a terrific coach. The Lynx are one of the few teams in which the ball moves with limited dribbling. Crystal has been terrific but she got lucky with who chose her.

Reaction Score
Crystal would not be in the discussion if she was stuck playing with Arike in Dallas. Cheryl Reeve is a terrific coach. The Lynx are one of the few teams in which the ball moves with limited dribbling. Crystal has been terrific but she got lucky with who chose her.
Some say the Lynx were the lucky ones with Crystal dropping to them

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just daydreaming how cool it would be for the Lynx to get a 3rd ROY from UConn and the special joy of playing in her home state. Nothing sinister.
We still have Evina, Liv, Christyn, Anna, and Aubrey before Paige.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey, I'll say it... I had no idea that Crystal would be as effective as she has been. She looks awesome out there.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Or Curt Warner. I had to give my guy some props. ;) I hope she continues to play well. It is obvious that Sims has a ways to go to get in shape.

Yeah, she went 1-10 fgm in her first game back.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
To win the award, Crystal need to keep up her stellar play, have the Lynx continue to win, and not be passed by one of the former front-runners coming back from injury. I think it's great that Crystal is getting a lot of press. She deserves it. She clearly should be on the All-Rookie team. She's not the best player in the group, but I think she's closer to #1 than to #16.

Past All-Rookie Teams:

Reaction Score
Big credit to Geno....and his system...you all saw the clear communication with she and the coach. If it was Shea who did the hard daily work, congrats. A kid I won't name would be nuts not to go to Geno. KUDOS

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Dont recall if Crystal signed, or will play overseas. Does anyone know if she did?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice focused article in the Athletic where her basketball career / recruiting / WNBA is discussed.

The recruiting is of course of most interest and I do not recall the details being particularly well known. Other stuff includes her maniacal devotion to film study from her earliest days.

“I was all set to (go to UT),” Dangerfield said. “I was always watching Candace and the teams that she was on then. Everywhere I went, people were asking me, ‘Oh, are you going to go to Tennessee?’ That’s what I got when I was growing up.”

Dangerfield was a standout player at Blackman High School in Tennessee. (Davonna Dangerfield)

But by the time she started getting recruited, Summitt had retired and other schools were after Dangerfield. She took three official visits as a junior, to Vanderbilt, Maryland and UConn. During her weekend at Maryland, she nearly committed because of the feeling she got on campus, and if she was going to be leaving Tennessee for the first time in her life, she wanted something that felt like home. But on the advice of her mother, she decided to wait until after her final visit — UConn.

During the visit to Storrs, she felt something that was even more familiar than a home 16 hours from home — the feeling of a raised expectation, sometimes on a minute-by-minute basis from coach Geno Auriemma, for everyone that touched the UConn program. Dangerfield committed.

“He has this vision of what you can be, if you just trust him to build you into the player that he sees you being,” Dangerfield said. “And it’s hard, because most of the players that go there, you’re all that where you come from — you’re All-American, McDonald’s All-American, your Gatorade Player of the Year and all of that. And you get there and they basically strip that away — you’re a freshman. You haven’t earned anything. You haven’t proven anything.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Big credit to Geno....and his system...you all saw the clear communication with she and the coach. If it was Shea who did the hard daily work, congrats. A kid I won't name would be nuts not to go to Geno. KUDOS
Proper nomenclature is the recruit who shall not be named. ;):D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Crystal Dangerfield Show continues tonight at 9 PM ET, as Minnesota takes on Dallas. I hope she continues her stellar play and helps lead the Lynx to a win.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The Crystal Dangerfield Show continues tonight at 9 PM ET, as Minnesota takes on Dallas. I hope she continues her stellar play and helps lead the Lynx to a win.

Well, mixed feelings with Katie Lou on the other side and rooting for her to continue her positive play but Lynx have 2 Huskies and Arike I guess acts to negate a husky. Maybe Moriah will get back in?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
But Lou looked pretty good and got 20 minutes.
Lou's 2 baskets. Went one on one vs Harrigan and then Collier. Lou's last 6 baskets have all been in the paint.
I think Lou played much better against Phoenix, at least on defense.
Crystal was unreal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom