Cronin's reaction | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cronin's reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny, that's when I became a fan. Teddy V. (wrongly) jumped in his face and Mick didn't back down an inch.

Whatever turns you on. I happen to believe that stuff doesn't belong. Let me get this straight. It's OK if he jumps in refs or players faces but it's not ok when someone jumps in his? Sounds like a king tut complex.

Reaction Score
Funny, that's when I became a fan. Teddy V. (wrongly) jumped in his face and Mick didn't back down an inch.

Cronin initiated every bit of that. It's one of the few times Ted has ever done a good job exercising restraint. Meanwhile Cronin is shoving his own assistant and telling his own player to get the $(/? out of his face.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cronin initiated every bit of that. It's one of the few times Ted has ever done a good job exercising restraint. Meanwhile Cronin is shoving his own assistant and telling his own player to get the $(/? out of his face.
Never saw a ref run over and get right in a coach's face like that. Ever. At least Ted apologized.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
What a game, should not have gone 4 OTs, a tone of Cincy non foul calls would have ended this early in our favor. What a great UCONN crowd.

Reaction Score
Never saw a ref run over and get right in a coach's face like that. Ever. At least Ted apologized.
Run over? They were standing right next to each other.

Reaction Score
Absolutely wrong. Ted had to run to him get in his face.

Yeah, not so much. Cronin comes charging down the sideline. Valentine takes two steps to explain the call again, then Cronin barks at him (pretty clearly "F7*# off!!") and gets a response in kind.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
"I lost! I lost! Waaaaaaa!"

010112-Mick-Cronin-SW-PI_20120101215711352_660_320.JPG

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, not so much. Cronin comes charging down the sideline. Valentine takes two steps to explain the call again, then Cronin barks at him and gets a response in kind.
Two steps to get right in his face, you mean. That was intimidation. To explain the call, my ass.

Reaction Score
Two steps to get right in his face, you mean. That was intimidation. To explain the call, my ass.

Stubborn in the face of video evidence. Gotcha.

Cronin embarrassed himself there.

Nice job by his assistant as well. Cronin was lucky he didn't get knocked cold by his own staff.

Reaction Score
I sit behind the visitor's bench near the baseline. Lower level. I was right there.

Good effort, though.

Reaction Score

Come on, Valentine hatred aside, he showed a ton of forbearance there. Even Higgins would have T'd Mick up for his little sprint down the sideline. Cahill would have double T'd him and suspended him 3 games.

caw

Reaction Score
A: You don't know that, and
B: So what?

I can't remember KO ever blaming the refs, has he? Seriously. If he hasn't, it's a pretty good guess he wouldn't.

Point is fans are allowed to be a bit classless because they are fans, coaches should have some more class bc they represent a university in a very public way.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I sit behind the visitor's bench near the baseline. Lower level. I was right there.

Good effort, though.
Just like I said, that's a bad angle. I was 90 degrees around and saw the way Ted closed the gap. I'm not sure you could catch that the since the parties were in a straight line in your line of sight. Also, you had a bunch of tall guys standing in front of you.

Reaction Score
Getting press in Cincinnati. Of course, he ignores the fact that his defense was too busy celebrating to cover the inbound, which would have likely prevented the shot. Plus, if the refs treated both team's defense the same, i.e. the refs actually called Cincinnati for assault & battery, UConn would have won in regular time.

Reaction Score
I can remember off the top of my head about 4 or 5 blatant over the backs that were not called on Cincy that kept possessions alive and added points to their score...and that happens every time against Cincy. They play tough and deserve credit for that but they also get away with a ton of that bullssshhhhiiiitttt every game...at least against us.

And he was wrong anyway, so F off Cronin.

I think even if he sees he was wrong, he won't apologize because he probably wants the committee to think that should be a W in the Cincinnati column.

C

Chief00

Lets not forget Jalen's shot just put it into the 4th OT; in which UConn took control. Calhoun was right about him. Great game.

Reaction Score
We would be saying the same thing as Mick.

We might be, but KO wouldn't. That's the point.

A: You don't know that, and
B: So what?

I would think that the character of our coach would be the LAST thing any UConn fan would question. KO would never diminish the accomplishment of someone else, especially publicly, in order to serve his own interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom