Cronin's reaction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cronin's reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we know that the clock that ESPN shows in its graphics is exactly the same as the clock on the court?

It's not because when ESPN did their slo-mo confirmation of the clock a few minutes ago they showed a different style clock on the screen.

Reaction Score
It's a stupid point. As was mentioned before, the ball clearly is through the hoop with at least 1.1 on the clock.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
It's a stupid point. As was mentioned before, the ball clearly is through the hoop with at least 1.1 on the clock.
In the 2010 NIT first round game we made a sign that said "LONG LIVE THE DOVE." He was sitting kind of close to the student section. He asked if he could have it, asked us our names, and added us all on facebook. Your name and avatar reminded me.

Reaction Score
LMAO I watched it at least 10 times and the ball is inside the 3 pt line by the time the horn went off let alone when it left his hands.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Did Jalen Adams make his shot before the backboard lit up? Absolutely. Did he get a little longer than 0.8 seconds to get that shot in the air? Absolutely.

If the clock did start late, it did so by less time than what it showed on the clock when the ball was released, i.e. it would have counted anyway. Thanks for completely ignoring the only salient question, SN idiot.

Reaction Score
There's a lot to relitigate in a game like this, like all of Mick's players extra trips to the line. Phantom calls on Miller....
The worst was caupain phantom call on purvis was it? Caupain did a lot of flopping tonight but still a good player

Reaction Score
the irish have been complaining since they got off the boats

Reaction Score
I actually think Cronin is a really good coach and Cincy should be proud of the way they fought back today. Cincy showed a lot of heart and as UConn fans we should recognize their efforts.

It is too bad Cronin slightly diminished (I stress slightly) the game by complaining about the clock. When Adams made the shot three of his guys were celebrating on the other side of the court instead of playing defense. That is a mental error on Cincy's part and that falls on the coach.

Cronin is a really good coach but needs to show a little more class. You salute an opponent when they make a miracle play, not whine about the outcome. Hopefully when the emotion subsides Cronin will recognize this game for what it was.. an amazing match up and instant classic.

I hope Cincy gets in the tournament...they showed they belonged today.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What a mushroom cap. Win and lose with some class.

Cronin's team had multiple chances to win that game prior to the miracle shot. They blew each and every one of those numerous chances. They never should have been in a position where a buzzer beater could beat them, which it did, because they played the fourth overtime in an extended mental funk because of it. I'd be saying the same thing if the roles were reversed because we had every opportunity prior to that play to win the game, and we blew all of our chances as well. Whining about the clock is infantile. Besides, the rule I've always heard is with less than 0.3 on the clock, you don't have time to catch and shoot. 0.8 is therefore plenty of time to do it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We GAVE them a couple of opportunities to win that game prior to the 3rd OT. Even after that shot, the game was still tied. Screw him.

Reaction Score
I think Cronin is acting like a child and is not giving the players on either teams any congrat's for the tough game we all just saw. He said the words but he said them with a whimper in his voice. He should grow up and act like a man.

Reaction Score
I actually think Cronin is a really good coach and Cincy should be proud of the way they fought back today. Cincy showed a lot of heart and as UConn fans we should recognize their efforts.

It is too bad Cronin slightly diminished (I stress slightly) the game by complaining about the clock. When Adams made the shot three of his guys were celebrating on the other side of the court instead of playing defense. That is a mental error on Cincy's part and that falls on the coach.

Cronin is a really good coach but needs to show a little more class. You salute an opponent when they make a miracle play, not whine about the outcome. Hopefully when the emotion subsides Cronin will recognize this game for what it was.. an amazing match up and instant classic.

I hope Cincy gets in the tournament...they showed they belonged today.

Sorry, he may be good on X's and O's but I lost all respect for him in a game at the XL center, two years ago I believe. In addition to screaming at the refs every time down he floor [which he stil does] he shoved one of his own assistants pretty hard during one of the huddles near the end of the game. Showed me that he is a real hot head.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sorry, he may be good on X's and O's but I lost all respect for him in a game at the XL center
Funny, that's when I became a fan. Teddy V. (wrongly) jumped in his face and Mick didn't back down an inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom