Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Wow Hawkins 4-13 Yikes. It really was just Sanogo today. We really need a 3rd scorer to step up. Newton? Karaban? Joey C.?
Does he have any left hand? Looks like they were doing nothing but sitting on his right hip today.

Some please correct me if I’m wrong

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Does he have any left hand? Looks like they were doing nothing but sitting on his right hip today.

Some please correct me if I’m wrong

No I think you're right. He drove left at one point and had an scoop shot with his left hand, but instead tried with his right hand and missed a much tougher shot.

Reaction Score
No I think you're right. He drove left at one point and had an scoop shot with his left hand, but instead tried with his right hand and missed a much tougher shot.
Yeah that play really stood out

Reaction Score
We really need those 2-3 made threes per game from Joey C. Needs to be on floor more than a minute at a time to get the flow back.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If we had matched their rebounding we would've run them out of the gym. I'm sure Hurley is going to be on them this week in practice.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Karaban has been through a meat grinder the last three games with Freemantle-Hunter/Hopkins/Kaluma..All of them will probably have opportunities at the next level. He's a smart kid and will learn from that/this experience.. I'm sure he's going to sleep well tonite.
Hunter at the next level? No. Hopkins yes. Not sold on Kaluma. Has spurts where looks great but then goes long periods doing nothing. Also a poor ball handler

Reaction Score
We really need those 2-3 made threes per game from Joey C. Needs to be on floor more than a minute at a time to get the flow back.
He’s had some bad looks recently. Not sure if it’s his work off-ball, just not having the kind of screens set that he needs to get open, or something else, but he had way more clean looks earlier in the year.

Reaction Score
What a day to come down with COVID and miss the game. Clearly the Gampel was loud enough as Big Red’s chants let me know from this couch. Nice to see the team back to running their game while penetrating a bit more. Less desperate and more poised.
Sorry to hear that. Here is hoping for better health for you. UConnbreaking the Creighton hex surely will help you;)

Reaction Score
Is Sanogo still worse than Clingan? Or does this one not count?
Nobody said he sucked or that Clingan is better. They are completely different players. I am pretty convinced that Sanogo can take on anyone one on one in the post, our problem is when he gets doubled and denied and he refuses to recognize and kick out. In those cases, Clingan is the better option, and he was/should have been the last 2 games. In today's situation, Sanogo was the better pick for most of the minutes at the 5 (although Clingan did well in his minutes). To his credit, Sanogo did a much better job of passing out today when Kalk had and held better position, and when the occasional double flashed. Hope that continues to develop.

I will say I think this was one of Hurley's better coaching games, well timed time-outs and good rotations.

Reaction Score
Refs still bent us over but the win was nice.
Ehh, I had a ton of issue with the refs in the past two games but I thought they were fine (as far as college refs go) today. There were some bad misses but some went both ways. We’re going to foul more than Creighton but it wasn’t to the completely absurd level we saw the last two games.

Reaction Score
Ehh, I had a ton of issue with the refs in the past two games but I thought they were fine (as far as college refs go) today. There were some bad misses but some went both ways. We’re going to foul more than Creighton but it wasn’t to the completely absurd level we saw the last two games.
I thought they officiated a great game in terms of hand checking, body fouls, and reaching in.

They were awful in terms of over the back, push in the back, and 3 seconds.

But overall, the game felt extremely fair in terms of the calls for both teams.

Reaction Score
One thing I would have liked is more time for Joey to try and get him back on track.
Highly disagree. Who would you have sat over Joey?

Hawkins? 17.2 ppg, 31.5 mpg in his last nine games.

Newton? His best game since the Oregon game who made shots, got to the line and played great D.

Diarra? Pestering defensive glue guy.

Those three players are far more important in our team's title dreams than Calcaterra.

Reaction Score
Karaban has gone underground; he passes up a number of shots. Why? He could easily be the 3rd scorer. Newton has his best game in a while. Kados to Santago, an outstanding game against a very good defensive player with length. Keep shooting Hawkins, mostly very good shots. They are in rhythm and are close. Nothing forced and we didn't often run down the shot clock and shoot in desperation.
Kados to Santago is the name of my third album.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Newton? His best game since the Oregon game who made shots, got to the line and played great D.

Those three players are far more important in our team's title dreams than Calcaterra.
There have been plenty of games Joey put played Diarra. Recently Diarra has been better because Joey is slumping, but Joey hot streak was one of our most important players.

Reaction Score

I think what everyone is saying is that when Joey C plays well we are a completely different team and I agree. If he’s hitting his shots we are close to unbeatable.

Reaction Score
I think what everyone is saying is that when Joey C plays well we are a completely different team and I agree. If he’s hitting his shots we are close to unbeatable.

I think Joey is kind of a feast or famine player. When he's making shots, we can blow the game wide open at any time. But if he's not scoring, we have guys who impact the game more in other ways

Reaction Score
yeah he's being asked to do way more than he should be. he played 32 minutes today.

it's hurting us this year, but it's going to pay dividends next year after he has time to get stronger and work on his game in the off-season.
I struggle with this because I basically agree with everything you’re saying, but I believe the extra experience will pay dividends this year. We’re going to need Karaban as the season progresses and I think some of these difficult games will help him come February and March. Even when Samson returns, I think AK will continue to get very meaningful minutes as a starter, probably somewhere around 30 minutes per game.

Reaction Score
I love the depth Uconn has but I still want Sampson Johnson to be back now. Although our deprh is great, it will be extremely help to have big guy with 5 fouls to give along with added athleticism as well.

Reaction Score
Joey lost his mojo. When is the last time he scored? Hope we can get him going again. We definitely could use 5-10 a game from him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom