Creighton Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Creighton Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
also had a 3 wiped off the board on illegal screen call
Haven't seen this illegal screen called very much. The sideline sure gets in the way. Strange call that might have had a big impact. Not even sure that was the plan, it just seemed to happen and confused the TV announcers as well.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Wow Hawkins 4-13 Yikes. It really was just Sanogo today. We really need a 3rd scorer to step up. Newton? Karaban? Joey C.?
Or someone different every game

They all grow with experience

With Calhoun, I didn't even care much about how they were playing until the end of January. Admittedly, our skin is not so thick nor do we have the patience we once had ( maybe that's just me)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
And for the Donny haters he did say I don't know about that on review of the Jackson screen and also didn't think Adama's was a blocking foul

I unplugged the earphones after he said Adama shouldn't take that charge ( which was a great play by him) and should try to block the shot instead. Then repeated that take several times. Hence I had no idea what he said after that.

Reaction Score
Just wanted to throw in a little love for Andre's defense against headband! Like Nembhard he could be seen talking to himself at times
Yes, a great defensive effort by Jackson. The headband is a fine shooter, lefty and deceptive, much like a former player for Saint Johns. Jackson also is like having a sixth player on the court for us. Hard to keep up with what he does but it sure is fun to watch!

Reaction Score
I’m still shocked that they double AS. It’s worked against us twice in a row and McDermott didn’t go there.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I’m still shocked that they double AS. It’s worked against us twice in a row and McDermott didn’t go there.

Someone mentioned that Andre would cut down the line right under the basket every time Adama got the ball which kept his man from doubling, since it would've left us with an easy bucket.

Hopefully Hurley and crew keep coming up with creative ways to move the rest of our guys off the ball when Adama has it because now that's on film and other coaches will adjust.

Reaction Score
It’s insane that he’s not being used more often should be closer to 25/15. Metrics say play DC more, defensively we’re noticeably better. With that said Sanogo is a beast.

You have to first realize he lost a few minutes in the 1st half due to having 2 fouls.

Then, give Hurley and our coaches at least a little credit for doing in-game analysis and adjustments. Sanogo was just dominant and it was clear that he needed to have more playing time in the game because of it. Big Don lost a few minutes there too.

He would have gotten 15-18 if the coaches just blindly focused on "getting him more minutes"

Believe me, I'm a huge proponent of giving Donovan more minutes. But yesterday, I was OK with how the box score ended up looking for him.

Reaction Score
Thought it was, just looked it up to be sure. Counts as a missed shot and rebound.
Yeah, I checked it out as well. Been a fan my entire life and a coach and never knew for sure. Now I do.

Reaction Score
You have to first realize he lost a few minutes in the 1st half due to having 2 fouls.

Then, give Hurley and our coaches at least a little credit for doing in-game analysis and adjustments. Sanogo was just dominant and it was clear that he needed to have more playing time in the game because of it. Big Don lost a few minutes there too.

He would have gotten 15-18 if the coaches just blindly focused on "getting him more minutes"

Believe me, I'm a huge proponent of giving Donovan more minutes. But yesterday, I was OK with how the box score ended up looking for him.
I was surprised when I looked and saw he played 5 minutes in the 1st half and only 3 in the 2nd half. Seemed like he was out there a lot more in the 2nd half

Reaction Score
Creighton is still #18 on kenpom. This is a solid win despite their 9-7 record.
Still a more than solid team, but looking at their record, they are going to have to win some tough big east road games to go the tournament.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned that Andre would cut down the line right under the basket every time Adama got the ball which kept his man from doubling, since it would've left us with an easy bucket.

Hopefully Hurley and crew keep coming up with creative ways to move the rest of our guys off the ball when Adama has it because now that's on film and other coaches will adjust.
Yup. Just rewatched the highlights and AJ was prowling on the baseline just about every time AS got the ball down low. Nembard just stood and watched every time AS went to work. Nice subtle adjustment by the staff.

Reaction Score
Nobody said he sucked or that Clingan is better. They are completely different players. I am pretty convinced that Sanogo can take on anyone one on one in the post, our problem is when he gets doubled and denied and he refuses to recognize and kick out. In those cases, Clingan is the better option, and he was/should have been the last 2 games. In today's situation, Sanogo was the better pick for most of the minutes at the 5 (although Clingan did well in his minutes). To his credit, Sanogo did a much better job of passing out today when Kalk had and held better position, and when the occasional double flashed. Hope that continues to develop.

I will say I think this was one of Hurley's better coaching games, well timed time-outs and good rotations.
Actually multiple posters have tried to say that Clingan was better.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Early in the game, Creighton was inbounding the ball. It was not after a made basket and the inbounded took about 3-4 steps and inbounded the ball. It was clearly illegal and no one caught it. I was screaming at the tv.
I saw that too. Glad I’m not crazy for having the same reaction !

Reaction Score
Probably had something to do with Sanogo absolutely eating Kalkbrenner alive…we wanted Adama on the court as much as possible yesterday stop complaining about non issues. I thought Clingan got the perfect amount of minutes based on his and Adama’s play yesterday
yeah, i also feel like the fact that clingan got 9 minutes yesterday DESPITE getting his first two fouls <1 minute is actually a testament to hurley's rotations, not the other way around.

Reaction Score
Joey is not just missing, he is missing by a lot. I think it's just a slump. Plus, he was so spectacular against the Hoyas, he has set a an impossible bar to meet.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wow Hawkins 4-13 Yikes. It really was just Sanogo today. We really need a 3rd scorer to step up. Newton? Karaban? Joey C.?
Look at whose been the leader scorer/top rwo scorer the past games ...............................................................-

Reaction Score
Newton was ok but still shaky at times and he isn't a consistent 3rd scorer.
But he was the 3rd scorer that we needed today. On any given night, it's going to be a different player.

Bad take. Hawkins has a great game. Hit 3 3pts and added 6 more points from the free throw line.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Shout out to UConn media team on this Creighton highlight vid

Love the subtle shade of ending with Sanogo/Kalkbrenner in the handshake line with commentary of "Conference preseason player of the year led the way".

Reaction Score
Sanogo was unstoppable yesterday. He had one of the best games of his career. How should Clingan get more than 9 minutes?
By giving him more than 9 minutes playing time.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was unstoppable yesterday. He had one of the best games of his career. How should Clingan get more than 9 minutes?
Agree Sanogo has to be in, as does Clingan. There is only one way to feed them both. Here we go again!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
By giving him more than 9 minutes playing time.
He would’ve gotten a few more if not for those 2 fouls in 6 seconds. Maybe 12 or 13 total. He would’ve been under 15 this game no matter what though because of Adama.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom