COVID Vaccination | Page 7 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
J&J Hs far far fewer side effects than the two mRNA vaccines based on the official data.
Interesting in my experience with friends snd family the reactions to Pfizer and Moderna 2nd shots are similar to those reported after the single J & J.

Reaction Score
Generally, if you get flu like symptoms after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, it likely means that your immune system is in great shape and you will probably generate some good antibodies. My experience with cancer patients is that those with weak immune systems have not had a flu like response, only a sore arm, and I believe that they are not generating the level of antibodies that will be fully protective, although it will provide a degree of protection from severe illness. I cannot comment on the J&J vaccine at this time. None of my statements are based on controlled clinical trials. Just observations based on a limited number of people.
I am concerned with those who don't react at all esp to the 2nd dose - is their immune system making what is needed for protection? Will be curious when I get mine. Had all my titers done a few years ago at work - measles, mumps etc. My titers were all high, hoping my immune system is still strong. 26 years as a school nurse and only getting the flu once and never anything more than a cold no matter what I was exposed to has tosay something.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well the midnight and 6:00 a.m. strategies were both failures.

Guess I'll wait until next week at the earliest after all.

Reaction Score
My wife got a time at UConn Health. Did it a few minutes ago

edit: booked for Tues 3/23

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Well the midnight and 6:00 a.m. strategies were both failures.

Guess I'll wait until next week at the earliest aft
I kept refreshing with CVS via the phone and after receiving multiple dates at different locations but always without available times, finally one with times available appeared, so keep trying.

The trick I found with CVS is to use the phone instead of the laptop and select the red "Use my device location" link to refresh repeatedly.

Good luck.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I kept refreshing with CVS via the phone and after receiving multiple dates at different locations but always without available times, finally one with times available appeared, so keep trying.

The trick I found with CVS is to use the phone instead of the laptop and select the red "Use my device location" link to refresh repeatedly.

Good luck.
Thanks. I am learning of several 54 and under acquaintances who somehow scheduled earlier, some of whom have already received shots, claiming that a "glitch" in the system allowed them to register early. I am pretty sure they just lied and figured out it was on the honor system. I'm not into competing with people who are gaming the system so I think I will let the crowds die down.

Reaction Score
ouch, that sucks. Anyone know if other states are have such long backlogs between eligibility and actually getting vaccinated. is that info published?

I just found out today that CO added another "phase" to the schedule and I could be eligible as early as March 21. but that may not mean much apparently.
working quite well in FL. Logged into Publix site at 7 am today and got spot for this Monday. It also did my second appt at same time. And I had the option to choose which vax I got.

Reaction Score
I am concerned with those who don't react at all esp to the 2nd dose - is their immune system making what is needed for protection? Will be curious when I get mine. Had all my titers done a few years ago at work - measles, mumps etc. My titers were all high, hoping my immune system is still strong. 26 years as a school nurse and only getting the flu once and never anything more than a cold no matter what I was exposed to has tosay something.
I think your immunity is prob higher than most after all that time with germ breeding grounds (kids). Lol. My buddy got covid but his wife, also a nurse, never tested positive.

Reaction Score
This morning I was able to schedule my 1st shot for Tuesday, and a 2nd shot appointment for april 13th, directly through the cvs website. I did it at 6:00 am, which apparently is when they refresh all the available appointments. Go directly to cvs.com and search covid vaccine. Click on your state for appointment availability, try refreshing if nothing is available. I searched the entire state of CT, not just my local area stores. And again, try just after 6:00 am. Best of luck everyone.

Reaction Score
I think your immunity is prob higher than most after all that time with germ breeding grounds (kids). Lol. My buddy got covid but his wife, also a nurse, never tested positive.
Kinda what I'm hoping

Reaction Score
This morning I was able to schedule my 1st shot for Tuesday, and a 2nd shot appointment for april 13th, directly through the cvs website. I did it at 6:00 am, which apparently is when they refresh all the available appointments. Go directly to cvs.com and search covid vaccine. Click on your state for appointment availability, try refreshing if nothing is available. I searched the entire state of CT, not just my local area stores. And again, try just after 6:00 am. Best of luck everyone.
That's how I did it for me here in Delaware. Tried the same for my son in Jersey, he's a teacher but no matter the time of day no appointments available. Luckily he got his first Monday through his school system. Big push to get them back in classroom. His 2nd is 4/12 with hybrid starting 4/19 although as of last week only 20% of parents plan on sending their kids back

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I did exactly that with no luck.

I did the phone several times, MyChart, CVS, Walgreens and finally tried VAMS online as a last resort because of all the bad reviews here. Amazingly it was the only method that worked, maybe because everyone overwhelmed the others. I got Thursday 3/25 in Waterbury. Not ideal but I’ll take it unless something else opens up.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You're in. You can relax now.
True dat.

I was a bit frenzied and frustrated from staying up late to try at midnight and then spending from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. this morning experimenting with each of the methods. It reminded me of the adrenaline rush of trying to get concert tickets for a hot show back in the day, and then wondering if I should switch to a different night with better seats, etc.

But you are right. I can relax now. I'm in within less than a week and on balance that's pretty good.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I did exactly that with no luck.

I did the phone several times, MyChart, CVS, Walgreens and finally tried VAMS online as a last resort because of all the bad reviews here. Amazingly it was the only method that worked, maybe because everyone overwhelmed the others. I got Thursday 3/25 in Waterbury. Not ideal but I’ll take it unless something else opens up.
What probably happened with VAMS is people, like me, cancelling their original appointments once they got it done earlier somewhere else. My original first shot was for 3/31 after registering on 3/1, so you are still ahead of the game.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

Good luck.
ok, that handle 'illegitimi non carborundum!' just blew my doors off. in the Depression, great gramps got on the train in Bridgeport, along with his new pal George Gunther from Stratford, to head out to Chicago and begin school at National College of Chiropractic - the Doc in Doc Gunther, who also was the longest serving member of the legislature in Connecticut's history. lifelong pals, apparently every single time they met, they greeted each other with that college motto 'don't let the bastids grind you down!'
awesomesauce. thanks.

Reaction Score
working quite well in FL. Logged into Publix site at 7 am today and got spot for this Monday. It also did my second appt at same time. And I had the option to choose which vax I got.
I got mine at Publix as well on March 1st. Not sure why I have to wait 4 weeks (March 29th) to get the 2nd shot, but I'm happy to just have the appointment scheduled.

Reaction Score
I got mine at Publix as well on March 1st. Not sure why I have to wait 4 weeks (March 29th) to get the 2nd shot, but I'm happy to just have the appointment scheduled.
Just checked...there are still spots avail for the coming week...Maybe it's time to open it up to more folks

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
was it Moderna? If so, I'm pretty sure 28 days is the recommended interval between shots.

Reaction Score
I registered just after midnight this morning. We each received an e-mail from CDC at 8 AM, then we registered online for next Wednesday in Waterbury. Not bad.

Reaction Score
Probably Moderna - 4 week wait for 2nd, Pfizer is 3

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I registered just after midnight this morning. We each received an e-mail from CDC at 8 AM, then we registered online for next Wednesday in Waterbury. Not bad.

I got Thursday at St Mary's in Waterbury. It was the only place with openings but I'm not complaining at all. Easier than I thought it would be.

Reaction Score
I got Thursday at St Mary's in Waterbury. It was the only place with openings but I'm not complaining at all. Easier than I thought it would be.
Ours is at the Waterbury Health District, around the corner from The Thirsty Goat, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom