COVID Vaccination | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am 56 and became eligible to get the vaccine today. The earliest scheduled appointment through the VAMS website is May 5th. You can't log into the Hartford Healthcare website to schedule an appointment (it gives you an error code), and CVS and Walmart and Uconn says there are all booked.

The Walgreen's website shows they have appointments for this week for the first shot, but then says it cannot schedule your second shot so it won't book your first appointment????? None of the phone numbers anywhere work.

Anybody have any luck getting an earlier appointment of any tips or tricks to do it?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
ouch, that sucks. Anyone know if other states are have such long backlogs between eligibility and actually getting vaccinated. is that info published?

I just found out today that CO added another "phase" to the schedule and I could be eligible as early as March 21. but that may not mean much apparently.

Reaction Score
I lucked out last night for my parents. Waited until 12:00 and got them an appointment this week.

Keep checking. I know a couple people who already had it and said times just randomly pop up. Hopefully this gets all straightened out and people can get it earlier then these outrageous dates.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Ohio has a backlog but they prioritized teachers and first responders so all of us can be back in school full time in a week with the kids. My mom was 75 and she got scheduled first one and was cancelled so we just called back and they scheduled for us. Pretty easy!

Scheduling online has been a pain for others depending on when you do it. We went through the Health Provider hospital system she uses and it was smoother then CVS, Super market clincs, etc...

The second shot was a doozy this weekend. Felt like I ran 100 miles without water I was so achy but no fever and ended by the next afternoon.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My friend got in today. So it's possible, but everybody's trying to get in right now.

Reaction Score
I can't speak for CT, but see if you can learn when different places post their new appointment times. Other people know and they will take up all of the available slots within 2 minutes of them being open. I'm in PA and know Rite Aid posts them at midnight, so I got on at 11:50 at night and just kept trying until I succeeded. That's the only way to do it. You have to be quick with a computer too. Research how to use autofill with your browser so you can fly through the information gathering stage once you're trying to get an appointment. I was able to get one because I'm immunocompromised from a medication I take. Going to get it on Wednesday.

Once those new appointments are posted you're competing with God knows how many other people to be the first to click that submit button and seal your appointment. Autofill is your friend.

Edit to add: Don't even look at what appointment time/date it's giving you until after you have it. You can't waste any time. Just take the first one that pops up and figure your life out around it.

Reaction Score
I'm a teacher. Many schools in the state are having clinics for the staff.

Of course my district has no timetable for getting us vaccinated (through no fault of anyone in the public schools).

And they want all kids with IEPs/504s back in person full time. And they seem to forget they put all the sped kids in tje same class to save money. Soo I will have one class with TWENTY SIX KIDS in a WINDOWLESS room and the rest of my classes will have 6 or less kids in each. Peachy.

Reaction Score
Understandable but absolutely insane. Just way too many people trying at once. They should have narrowed down the categories more. May 4th is going to be a cluster

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

Of course my district has no timetable for getting us vaccinated (through no fault of anyone in the public schools).

And they want all kids with IEPs/504s back in person full time. And they seem to forget they put all the sped kids in tje same class to save money. Soo I will have one class with TWENTY SIX KIDS in a WINDOWLESS room and the rest of my classes will have 6 or less kids in each. Peachy.
that's rough.

Reaction Score

I'm in the same boat. We have a meeting tomorrow to discuss my school bringing all of the kids back soon. Teachers aren't up yet to get the vaccine, so I'm glad I'll hopefully have some immunity from the first shot before it happens.

Reaction Score
We need to vaccinate 220 million people, so patience is a virtue. I had to go through the process of trying to schedule an appointment five times before I was able to get one. Each time I had to start the process from scratch. Got the first one February 6th and the second one is scheduled for this Saturday. Good luck.

Reaction Score
Don't know if it's been said yet, but I have heard people recommend calling cvs or Walgreens or where ever to get on a cancellation list.

Reaction Score
Got my first shot today. I was in the 65 and over group which opened about 3 weeks ago. My second shot is scheduled for April 1st. For what it is worth the system runs very smoothly - arrived 11AM and was out by the door
by 11:45 AM. Non stop flow of people so the demand is certainly there. Hopefully there will be people in football stands this fall, I can't seem why not as the rate of coverage should be quite high by then. However, this is Connecticut the progressive softy state. Sorry couldn't help it.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to be invited to an all-expenses-paid guided fly fishing trip at a lodge in Montana in mid-june. But I'm only going if I've gotten vaxxed. playing beat the clock here. wish me luck!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I am 56 and became eligible to get the vaccine today. The earliest scheduled appointment through the VAMS website is May 5th. You can't log into the Hartford Healthcare website to schedule an appointment (it gives you an error code), and CVS and Walmart and Uconn says there are all booked.

The Walgreen's website shows they have appointments for this week for the first shot, but then says it cannot schedule your second shot so it won't book your first appointment????? None of the phone numbers anywhere work.

Anybody have any luck getting an earlier appointment of any tips or tricks to do it?
I had the same issue with getting the vaccine at Publix. Just keep trying

Reaction Score
I was on super early this morning and was able to get my parents an appointment at CVS in Hartford - but then i looked again around 8am and all CVS appointments were fully booked.

My wife is getting her shot on Friday as part of the teacher group - her school system is holding a private vaccination clinic in the high school gym for all teachers, which was really easy.

Reaction Score
ouch, that sucks. Anyone know if other states are have such long backlogs between eligibility and actually getting vaccinated. is that info published?

I just found out today that CO added another "phase" to the schedule and I could be eligible as early as March 21. but that may not mean much apparently.
Most states haven't gotten close to opening up that age group yet, so it's probably comparable. Although I bet you'll be able to find a sooner appt at some point. MA just opened up 65+ last week and the next phase after them are all frontline workers and comorbidities

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

My CT story:

The Thursday before things opened up for the 65+ crowd, my sister called/txted (don't remember) with a phone number, and told me to skip pushing buttons and just timeout on the message and the hold. She said that her wait was 60 minutes. Mine ended up being 70 minutes, and I got a single appointment for March 4th.

A little more than 2 weeks ago, I got a robo-call from the New Haven Mayor, saying that they were opening up 2 large sites for the coming weekend, so I gave it a call to try and bump the date. I got through, and immediately told them that I was already booked. They told me I had to be sure to cancel my other appt as a courtesy to others. That's why I had led with that info. Didn't want to be a jerk. They took all of my info, and at the final step told me that they could not book because I was already booked, and that I'd have to cancel the other appt first. I decided against making a call to cancel, then calling back, doing a "Bird in the hand . . . " analysis. The primary consideration was that I hadn't had a single, "Damn, I wish I could get this a couple weeks earlier" though until the robo-call.

Then, last Thursday, at 5:01 pm, I got a txt from CVS saying, "We've got hundreds of vaccines for the next couple of days. Click here."

I got curious, clicked, and went through the online process, and scheduled for the next day. Part of it was that I had been seeing a number of friends who had initiated the process AFTER me getting their 1st shot BEFORE me. 19 hours later, I had my first Moderna, and I'd booked shot #2 during the initial online session. And the first thinig I did afterward was cancel my initial appt to lopen it up for somebody else.

There were a few (minor) hiccups at the vaccine CVS site (not the online registration, which was well-designed and went flawlessly). Overall, it was smooth, friendly, and efficient. Recommended.

Might be somewhat like sales pipelines, job searches, online dating, and such: keep open to multiple opportunities and the universe provides, even if it's not how you'd pictured it.

Today, I've read a lot of people telling what you havewritten . Remember: it's Opening Day for your age group. Don't despair; stick with it.

PS - I have a FEMA friend who's a major spreadsheet jockey, kicked into notably higher gear since mid-January.

Reaction Score
In NYC my wife with pre-existing conditions has an appointment this Wednesday, her parents have the same and have appointments next weekend.

Reaction Score
Im willing to wait a year by then testing should more available, I know theres others who need it more then me. Sports will make the time go faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom