COVID Vaccination | Page 6 | The Boneyard

COVID Vaccination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I talked to someone on a work call today who got the J&J and he said he was totally out of commission - fever, aches & pains - for 24 hrs.
But interesting I just talked to another friend who got J&J yesterday and feels fine

Reaction Score
My school had its clinic today for the first dose.

Had Covid in early January so not looking forward to the potential side effects. So far just arm soreness.

Ended up getting fever, aches, chills. They didnt start for a full 24+ hours after getting the vaccine, lasted about 24 hours after that and then felt a little run down for longer. Everyone at my school who had covid got side effects like that, everyone who didn't had a sore arm and that's it.

Not too bad, from what I've read most people who got side effects like that on dose 1 got either no side effects dose 2, or at least less. Hoping that's the case

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ended up getting fever, aches, chills. They didnt start for a full 24+ hours after getting the vaccine, lasted about 24 hours after that and then felt a little run down for longer. Everyone at my school who had covid got side effects like that, everyone who didn't had a sore arm and that's it.

Not too bad, from what I've read most people who got side effects like that on dose 1 got either no side effects dose 2, or at least less. Hoping that's the case
Had the Moderna, 1st shot no reaction, not even sore arm. 2nd shot general flu-like aches & pains, but no temperature or other symptoms.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My wife and I lined up appointments through the CDC site, VAMS, for first injection on 3/30. Within a week we were both able to schedule a first shot by 3/10 at CVS, just get on their website around 6 am each morning and keep refreshing for slots to open.

I think it’s whatever shows up. Mine was Moderna. CVS sign up was a breeze, I thought.
So am I correct to understand from this that CVS updates their portal starting at 6 a.m. every day, or is there any sense in getting on at midnight tonight?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
So am I correct to understand from this that CVS updates their portal starting at 6 a.m. every day, or is there any sense in getting on at midnight tonight?
My experience has been that new slots are updated at 6:00 am and then randomly (but less often) throughout the day. No harm in just keeping the page loaded as a tab and refreshing it whenever you are at the computer.

Reaction Score
48 hours after the first shot, arm is a bit sore but has subsided. Nothing else.

Just make sure to drink enough water and green tea (worked for me). Also make sure to eat something and eat well.

Reaction Score
My experience has been that new slots are updated at 6:00 am and then randomly (but less often) throughout the day. No harm in just keeping the page loaded as a tab and refreshing it whenever you are at the computer.
That's what I did on my phone and refreshed a few times a day, worked for me.

Reaction Score
My wife and I were both able to get slots at CVS here in NC by getting online at 6 AM this morning...

Reaction Score
I received my vaccination yesterday in Stamford. New site opened this week and they are going to be administering 3,000 shots a day. The Elmcroft location (link below) is the one that will have most of the availability. Received Pfizer and no side effects or arm soreness. You can now catch me at the bar .

Reaction Score
definitely call that 877-918-2224 number - worked quickly and efficiently for me and my sister and our spouses. my sister called mid afternoon, got a call back in 5 minutes, and got a j&j appointment for the following monday. much better than going online or thru the pharmacies - which we all tried - in our collective experiences. if your first appointment sucks, call back and try for a better one - they are opening up clinics every day, every where...

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I received my vaccination yesterday in Stamford. New site opened this week and they are going to be administering 3,000 shots a day. The Elmcroft location (link below) is the one that will have most of the availability. Received Pfizer and no side effects or arm soreness. You can now catch me at the bar .

congrats! don't you want to give it a cople/few weeks to become effective, though?

Wife and I are scheduled for first dose of Moderna tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Got J&J at Yale West about a week ago. Arm was a little sore for 3 days or so. I was fatigued (felt sleepy all the time) for the first 30 hours or so. Nothing else. Go get vaccinated if your eligible.

Reaction Score
I am 56 and became eligible to get the vaccine today. The earliest scheduled appointment through the VAMS website is May 5th. You can't log into the Hartford Healthcare website to schedule an appointment (it gives you an error code), and CVS and Walmart and Uconn says there are all booked.

The Walgreen's website shows they have appointments for this week for the first shot, but then says it cannot schedule your second shot so it won't book your first appointment????? None of the phone numbers anywhere work.

Anybody have any luck getting an earlier appointment of any tips or tricks to do it?
Got my first shot 10 days ago in Kent CT. Received an email from the CDC telling me that I was deemed part of the population that needs to get vaccinated. CDC sent me a link to VAMS that enabled me to schedule the shot in Kent. Second shot in 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
I talked to someone on a work call today who got the J&J and he said he was totally out of commission - fever, aches & pains - for 24 hrs.
Saw something on the news that people who had covid are more likely to have a flu like reaction on their first shot. This is because of antibodies built up during the illness. The body now recognizes the antibodies in the vaccine and tries to fight them off. Causing the flu like symptoms.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I seem to be getting it worse than my colleagues. I'm also a teacher so I may just have an immune system that kicks back like a pissed off horse.

Still happy I got the JnJ... much less of a hassle than having to go twice.

Hmm. Are you sure you didn’t previously get Covid and not know it? That could account for the reaction.

@Devland just saw your post. Yes, that is why the second shot of the others causes more of a reaction. People who had Covid will react more strongly. At least that’s what I’ve read.

Reaction Score
Hmm. Are you sure you didn’t previously get Covid and not know it? That could account for the reaction.

@Devland just saw your post. Yes, that is why the second shot of the others causes more of a reaction. People who had Covid will react more strongly. At least that’s what I’ve read.

Good chance I did have Covid aysmptomatically and that caused the reaction. I've had to quarantine 4 separate times because of incidents at school, and I know that quite a few parents lie or don't report when their kid is getting exposed.

Reaction Score
Good chance I did have Covid aysmptomatically and that caused the reaction. I've had to quarantine 4 separate times because of incidents at school, and I know that quite a few parents lie or don't report when their kid is getting exposed.
That's what my doctor and what my 2nd dose administers told me.

Nothing is certain, but less than 5% of Moderna first doses result in a fever (mine was close to 101) and of those within the that report previous exposure. I never got a positive test, but I also never got tested between March-August.

Like @husky429, I'm a teacher. I also had a very busy week prior to lockdown (visited a school, chaperoned a math competition, went to my school's benefit all in two days) so that adds exposure of like extra 500-1000 people than a typical week for me.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I just pre-registered in Massachusetts. Should be eligible April 5th.

Reaction Score

Not with J&J - been causing that reaction in everyone I've spoken to. One for sure never had as she has never tested positive and had was negative for antibodies - had herself checked before recent neuro procedures for a fistula and aneurysm. Got J&J - fever, aches etc for 24+hours.

Reaction Score
Generally, if you get flu like symptoms after the second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, it likely means that your immune system is in great shape and you will probably generate some good antibodies. My experience with cancer patients is that those with weak immune systems have not had a flu like response, only a sore arm, and I believe that they are not generating the level of antibodies that will be fully protective, although it will provide a degree of protection from severe illness. I cannot comment on the J&J vaccine at this time. None of my statements are based on controlled clinical trials. Just observations based on a limited number of people.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not with J&J - been causing that reaction in everyone I've spoken to. One for sure never had as she has never tested positive and had was negative for antibodies - had herself checked before recent neuro procedures for a fistula and aneurysm. Got J&J - fever, aches etc for 24+hours.

J&J Hs far far fewer side effects than the two mRNA vaccines based on the official data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom