OT: - COVID long term lifestyle changes? | The Boneyard

OT: COVID long term lifestyle changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I predict self serve buffets and salad bars will be gone for years.

Still can't try on clothes at the stores.

Anything else?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Anything else?

You can try on clothes basically everywhere and I was in a local grocery today where both the buffet and salad bar were both open.

I live in NY and feel that the return to normal happened very, very quickly. Most people are not wearing masks, the stickers on the floor in most stores have been widgeted off, employees are largely not masked, etc.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I could do without handshakes. It was a good run for awhile. It seems like we are back to it though.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Staying out of areas and establishments predominately populated by Republicans.

Which is amusing since I'm a registered Republican.

And before someone complains about this being a political post, who is it that isn't getting vaccinated and poses the most risk to others?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I could do without handshakes. It was a good run for awhile. It seems like we are back to it though.
Time to bring in the bow.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Having a buffet next week for my fathers services (a year late) in Connecticut.

Definitely shake my buddies hands when they come over for beers. (obviously, I've backtracked from my stance last year: Is The Business Handshake Dead? )

Also never going to work in an office again - I retired.

I buy most of my clothes online for years anyhow (other than suits which I'll never buy again - I retired.)

Would never do curbside pickup for groceries - I'm picking my own produce and meat, dammit.

Reaction Score
Staying out of areas and establishments predominately populated by Republicans.

Which is amusing since I'm a registered Republican.

And before someone complains about this being a political post, who is it that isn't getting vaccinated and poses the most risk to others?
I’m a registered Democrat. I’ll bite, since I’m a centrist Democrat and we’re kind of extinct these days, so I have nothing to lose by saying this. I’d be really careful about generalizing, as you did. Cases in the U.S. are up 111% in the past 14 days. Vaccination rates are woefully low in the African American community and across many immigrant communities in the U.S. That’s a fact, and that is where cases are surging right now.

Reaction Score
See, the issue with “never have to wait in line” is that there are like 2 lanes open at the grocery store
we got self-checkouts in most of the stores around here. total game changer. the boomers don't use them so i'm in and out in 20 minutes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No long term changes at work or home.

Group I work with was already transitioning to a remote or work from home model shortly before COVID shut things down.

Most stuff I do outside the house involves being outdoors and hanging around a small group of friends.

Worst part has been airports and flying. It's been a disaster of stupidity and more about making a show of safety instead of actually being safe.

Reaction Score

Anything else?
They are active at Whole Foods here in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member