OT: - COVID long term lifestyle changes? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: COVID long term lifestyle changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Blowing out candles on a cake and then serving it to everyone is done unless you’re some kind of sicko.
My birthday was yesterday. Guilty as charged.

I’m all for masks on planes/subways/trains for the foreseeable future.

Also, al fresco dining is here to stay.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Prefer a handshake to a fist bump

Interesting. Love the handshake but also have certain groups where the fist bump was more the norm prior to COVID.

I will say after finishing a round of golf, taking off your cap and shaking hands with each player in your group is a habit I hope never goes away. Someone in your group holes out of greenside bunker for birdie (or for triple bogey) on #3? Give 'em a fist bump while walking off the green. After everyone finishes #18? hand shake.

Same goes for other sports. Just played 40 minutes of a college basketball game where everyone is sweating, breathing heavy and making contact for 40 minutes? A hand shake afterwards isn't doing any damage the game hadn't already done.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm killing more drifters to get an superjohn.
This is
chefs_kiss_2.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Prefer a handshake to a fist bump
I prefer not touching people I’ve just met. I will do it, warmly, but in my head …

They are like:
Hand Artists On Tumblr GIF by badblueprints

And I am like:
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I predict self serve buffets and salad bars will be gone for years.

Still can't try on clothes at the stores.

Anything else?
Amazon sent me a re-packed hit/cold foot massager that leaked. Per instructions, I returned it at a Whole Foods. The hot bar was open.

I chose & ate a few items, but afterwards it felt somewhat creepy to have done so. Kind of kills the idea of eating a meal, trying on some mail order clothes, and returning them during the same grocery store visit.

I'd been to small scale, outdoor music already, but had tepid interest in something with more of a concert vibe. The simple act of seeing a full sound system Eggy show tonight at Westport's Levitt Pavilion changed that. I want more.

@August_West, how much of which of your groups are playing, and where?

Reaction Score
Staying out of areas and establishments predominately populated by Republicans.

Which is amusing since I'm a registered Republican.

And before someone complains about this being a political post, who is it that isn't getting vaccinated and poses the most risk to others?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Everything else feels weird
Exactly.
I prefer not touching people I’ve just met.

They are like:
Hand Artists On Tumblr GIF by badblueprints

And I am like:
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
So how many meetings does it take until you are comfortable shaking someone’s hand?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Exactly.

So how many meetings does it take until you are comfortable shaking someone’s hand?
Oh I’m comfortable doing it, I just don’t particularly care for it now. I never really thought about it pre-Covid.

Reaction Score
My COVID invention at the grocery store/Costco/wherever there was a checkout line and I had a cart was to stand in front of my cart when in the line. That way I could control the distance I stood from the person in front of me while at the same time putting a good 3-4 foot barrier in between myself and the jackass behind me who’d otherwise be right on my ass.

Reaction Score
I wish we could keep lines of at least 3 feet of spacing

I really liked not having idiots standing directly behind me everywhere I go, like standing within breath-smelling distance is going to get us anywhere faster
My COVID invention at the grocery store/Costco/wherever there was a checkout line and I had a cart was to stand in front of my cart when in the line. That way I could control the distance I stood from the person in front of me while at the same time putting a good 3-4 foot barrier in between myself and the jackass behind me who’d otherwise be right on my ass.

Reaction Score
I have done this lol

Reaction Score
I like not being sick. I haven't been sick in over 2 years. I won't refuse a handshake, but these days I'm looking for the hand sanitizer as soon as I let go.

Same here, two years now without my normal summer sinus infection and trip to the doctor to get a Zpac antibiotic.

I plan to keep wearing the face masks when I shop indefinitely, I appreciate the extra protection and see no reason to stop.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Everyone in Doctor's offices are still masked, and I suspect they will be for a while. But my Vascular surgeon who only went from elbow bumps to fist bumps a month ago, shook my hand barehanded the other day. Also didn't get my temp checked by the receptionist when I arrived.

Reaction Score
Same here, two years now without my normal summer sinus infection and trip to the doctor to get a Zpac antibiotic.

I plan to keep wearing the face masks when I shop indefinitely, I appreciate the extra protection and see no reason to stop.
You can also mouth swear words at people without them noticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom