Status
Not open for further replies.

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
Lets get the young man a birthday cake
1610547727994.png

Reaction Score
Nova not on that edit. Hope that's not just an oversight.
They came in after his “official” top 7 was announced. Reports have stated it’s between UConn, Rutgers, and Nova. Momentum seems to be on the good guys side.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
His head was always bigger than his game. All that luxury is on credit. He ain't making that much. He's a kid who grew up poor who doesn't know how to take care of his money like so many others.

Kid was our leader during the worst span of UConn basketball in decades. Our only winning record was when he came off the bench. Infuriating player--he didn't really ever improve.

He needed a mentor to show him hownto be a man, and the meaning of hard work.
Jalen's a good kid and if he'd had the good fortune to be born four years later, Hurley would've turned him into a top 10 pick.

I still think he'll make the league as a role player. He was very good in the G-League last year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Bazz ran out of eligibility after 2 years. I think it's that simple.
Yeah because guys like Deandre Daniels, Niels Giffey, T Samuels and Ryan Boatright who played minimal minutes under Coach Calhoun were't part of those successful seasons right? They all were better players for KO. Please a waqy response. Hate him all you want but give verdict where its due. :rolleyes:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Kid is really put together.

The type of player we struggled defending in the past.

Kind of wild that he isn’t ranked in the top 100 on 247. He started alongside 4 seniors as a sophomore for Roselle and was option 1B alongside CJ Wilcher. He could have gone pretty much anywhere not named Duke or Kentucky. There’s no way there’s 125 kids better than him. I guess he’s being punished simply for not playing yet?

Reaction Score
The type of player we struggled defending in the past.

Kind of wild that he isn’t ranked in the top 100 on 247. He started alongside 4 seniors as a sophomore for Roselle and was option 1B alongside CJ Wilcher. He could have gone pretty much anywhere not named Duke or Kentucky. There’s no way there’s 125 kids better than him. I guess he’s being punished simply for not playing yet?
Limited AAU and HS game exposure due to COVID.. In his case.. And DH/staff clearly know this.. Rankings are out the window.. Plays way better than his current ranking.. Not too dissimilar from the rankings hit Bouk took due to his HS leg injury.. Was definitely underrated/ranked..

He knows what's going on in Storrs and wants to be part of it..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah because guys like Deandre Daniels, Niels Giffey, T Samuels and Ryan Boatright who played minimal minutes under Coach Calhoun were't part of those successful seasons right? They all were better players for KO. Please a waqy response. Hate him all you want but give verdict where its due. :rolleyes:
You are right they played better under KO as they should being upperclassmen. The thing KO never delivered on was recruiting and that passion he showed the first few years disappeared the last few years as head coach. Everytime he was shown on TV it was this reaction.
44D1A4D8-71C5-4CA7-BF0B-4F7E7AA27D42.jpeg

Reaction Score
You are right they played better under KO as they should being upperclassmen. The thing KO never delivered on was recruiting and that passion he showed the first few years disappeared the last few years as head coach. Everytime he was shown on TV it was this reaction. View attachment 63541

Couldn't disagree more. The incoming class for 16-17 was on paper a stellar class that anyone not named Duke or KY would have taken. Unfortunately, two had major injury issues, one had an absurd attitude and one wanted to play even thought he didn't trust his knee well enough to compete physically. The prior recruiting class, with two schollies, had Enoch and Adams. Anyone would have taken Adams, and Enoch with time and coaching would become a good high major player. On his way out the door, when things were falling apart, he brought in a class of Carlton, Whalley and Polley, two of whom might get shots at the NBA and all three of whom are now contributing to a ranked team.

KO totally lost the team his last year here. For whatever reason he checked out emotionally and players didn't develop and play hard for him and KO couldn't figure out how to get them to. Letting him go was fine. But his inability to recruit was way, way down the list of problems.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are right they played better under KO as they should being upperclassmen. The thing KO never delivered on was recruiting and that passion he showed the first few years disappeared the last few years as head coach. Everytime he was shown on TV it was this reaction. View attachment 63541
Did I talk about recruiting? And don't go to passion point the first 2 years, that he had as did the team.

What he did after was obvious he failed the team and program.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah because guys like Deandre Daniels, Niels Giffey, T Samuels and Ryan Boatright who played minimal minutes under Coach Calhoun were't part of those successful seasons right? They all were better players for KO.
Bazz coached 'em all up. He was constantly coaching on the floor, sometimes infamously. You asked what was different the first two years. I tell you and you can't handle the truth.

Reaction Score
Bazz coached 'em all up. He was constantly coaching on the floor, sometimes infamously. You asked what was different the first two years. I tell you and you can't handle the truth.

I could handle the truth if it was. Kemba coached up his NC too you taking that away from JC?? Ok we’re done!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Was this divorce related? Or a championship hangover? General exhaustion? A combination of all 3?

I don't get how a guy who made a name for himself by outworking the next guy, a trait he cultivated over decades, just decides to mail it in and get dollar oysters from Grant's.

Honestly, I have no insight there, but it had already taken hold in the championship season when Ollie didn’t bother to call Prince Ali or the kid from Georgia for months until they decided to decommit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom