Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Very cool idea to honor both families. This is the type of Hurley x UConn culture that can win an entire family over in a recruiting battle.

bUt BuT buT tHe FaMilY CoNnECTioN sTuFf MeAns nOoOotHinGgGG

Reaction Score
Does that look great? Of course it does. But for those who thought we didn’t have a chance and now we do, I have one question — WTF did you think was going to happen on his visit? The two families were friends. Of course that was going to be exploited by our staff.

So we played our card. Played it well, of course, but that should have been expected. And now we’ll see. I’d feel like we were favorites if Donovan wanted to come back for his Jr. year and play with Flagg, but I don’t expect that.

Reaction Score
Just noticed Cooper’s brother Ace is there too along with his parents and other brother(?).

Ace is rocking the full UConn uniform as well. Maybe it was considered an unofficial visit for him too? I know he’s had a solid summer with Maine United alongside Cooper.
He’s not a top 100 guy but may be a decent 3-4 star recruit. Haven’t seen anything about him reclassifying from 2025 to 2024 with Cooper which is interesting.

caw

Reaction Score
Just noticed Cooper’s brother Ace is there too along with his parents and other brother(?).

Ace is rocking the full UConn uniform as well. Maybe it was considered an unofficial visit for him too? I know he’s had a solid summer with Maine United alongside Cooper.
He’s not a top 100 guy but may be a decent 3-4 star recruit. Haven’t seen anything about him reclassifying from 2025 to 2024 with Cooper which is interesting.

I don't believe he is, or he should. I think he will be a solid four star when everything is done though.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Probably more like we’ll take you both if Cooper comes. Which is fair.

Reaction Score
Awesome stuff, fun to read and view. Looking through all this I just keep thinking that the FIRST first impression Flagg got could do it.

Reaction Score
Our allures in no particular order:

Program is on the rise with DH, UConn is basketball capital of the world, and We are reputed to haul in Champs in March.

No. 1 Coaching staff, bar none. Yes, no question about it. the whole cast.

Family and team values. Yes, family connections, value and tradition is DH's trump card.

The offense schemes that DH's team runs. A player like Coop will thrive and flourish.

In Hurley we trust!

Reaction Score
IMG_0001.jpeg

Reaction Score
I don't believe he is, or he should. I think he will be a solid four star when everything is done though.
I don’t think the idea of Ace getting offered here and coming here is outlandish at all. Some think he’d just ride the bench. Is he less talented at the same age than say a Niels Griffey was? Are we sure he’d simply ride the bench for four years, or could he be a really nice role player and get to play and practice with his brother for another year?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Deandre was 5*……I mean he was a top 15 recruit in the country I think that’s 5* status
I was using 247's list under their UConn page. They have both Alex and DeAndre as 4 stars. :confused:

caw

Reaction Score
I don’t think the idea of Ace getting offered here and coming here is outlandish at all. Some think he’d just ride the bench. Is he less talented at the same age than say a Niels Griffey was? Are we sure he’d simply ride the bench for four years, or could he be a really nice role player and get to play and practice with his brother for another year?

I was referencing him reclassing to 2024. I think he would be best served playing two more years in high school, or possibly do a Karaban. He has a good amount of potential, but he probably won't be ready next year and would be wasting a year of playing unless he comes as a redshirt freshman. JMO though.

I think he has the potential to be a solid four star (maybe as high as 75-150 in ranking) by the time he comes in, if he waits until 2025, hard to judge without knowing how much he will grow. He's only 16.

Reaction Score
I was referencing him reclassing to 2024. I think he would be best served playing two more years in high school, or possibly do a Karaban. He has a good amount of potential, but he probably won't be ready next year and would be wasting a year of playing unless he comes as a redshirt freshman. JMO though.

I think he has the potential to be a solid four star (maybe as high as 75-150 in ranking) by the time he comes in, if he waits until 2025, hard to judge without knowing how much he will grow. He's only 16.
That’s true he might well need another year of development. So him overlapping a year with Cooper night well not be in the cards. But I think he has Big East conference contributor level in him. Good points man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom